Options

Earwigging

boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
Forum Member
How is it earwigging when two people in a room are having a conversation and a third in the vicinity hears it? I have ears, it's not like I can turn them off !

/rant

(Had to Google earwigging after I'd said it a few times in my head, starts to sound really wrong, like hippopotamus:D)

Comments

• Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I know.

I was in a curtained cubicle at the outpatients dept. waiting to be seen and the woman beyond the curtain was getting her, ahem, ladyparts examined, I could hear every word, every intimate question and every answer the doc was asking this women, really, REALLY personal stuff about her sex life and all.

I felt embarrassed for her, however It didn't stop me listening.......because you bloody can't, unless you stick your fingers in your ears and go " La La La La La La", which would surely attract attention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Awww, poor woman:o kinda awesome tho:D
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eavesdroppers never hear good about themselves
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    Eavesdroppers never hear good about themselves

Really? I'd like some proof please.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boxx wrote: »
    Really? I'd like some proof please.

It's just a proverb
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Earwigging? Ooooooh that takes me back to the good old days of the CB.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fat_bob wrote: »
    Earwigging? Ooooooh that takes me back to the good old days of the CB.

CB Radio! Blimey!

That takes me back.

10/4 for a copy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »

I know:) It's also silly:)
    It's something we all do, all the time.

ETA: I allways thought CB radio was about one thing... Getting a shag.:D
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was once earwigging a conversation between two work colleagues who really started to slag me off and I mean slag me off, they were saying that I am a grass and would do anything to get to the top. They were also saying that I knew a drug dealer. Bastuards. Well I got back and I got em back good!
    I planted coke in their bags and reported it to my boss and got em sacked. Shame
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was once earwigging a conversation between two work colleagues who really started to slag me off and I mean slag me off, they were saying that I am a grass and would do anything to get to the top. They were also saying that I knew a drug dealer. Bastuards. Well I got back and I got em back good!
    I planted coke in their bags and reported it to my boss and got em sacked. Shame

Er,

(That's pretty evil btw!)
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er,

(That's pretty evil btw!)
    Shirly you must know I'm joking.? I say that they said Im a grass and that I know a drug dealer so I plant drugs wich I got from my drug dealer and grass them up like a grass would so! Duuurgh brain

By the way there is a Leslie neilsen joke I there if you can Find it. Shirly you can. Ok il stop calling you Shirly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I must stop taking DS literally:D I can never tell anymore. I think the best bet is just to assume everything is bollocks:D (or perhaps just stop skinning up=/) *
    I don't get the Leslie Nielsen references and stop calling me Shirley. : p

* Watching 'Enter the void' hasn't helped, I'm actually feeling pretty messy atm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CB Radio! Blimey!

That takes me back.

10/4 for a copy!

Copy. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know:) It's also silly:)
    It's something we all do, all the time.

ETA: I allways thought CB radio was about one thing... Getting a shag.:D

If that was the case boxx, I was really left wanting. :p
  • Options
    slslsslsls Posts: 2,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is it earwigging when two people in a room are having a conversation and a third in the vicinity hears it? I have ears, it's not like I can turn them off !

/rant

(Had to Google earwigging after I'd said it a few times in my head, starts to sound really wrong, like hippopotamus:D)

I've had that from a man in my office as well. He stands in front of you having a full on conversation at the top of his voice. Occassionally in his discussions he might mention something that is an issue I hve to pick up on in my jobs so after the conversations finished I will ask him about it. If it's a problem it would be stupid for me to sit there and pretend I hadn't heard it when I can sort it out.

And then he always accuses me of eavesdropping, earwigging, snooping, what ever. But he's literally standing five inches from me having a conversation at the top of his voice and I'm supposed to somehow make myself not hear him. He's a d*ckhead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Erm so they were completely right to slag you of in the first place then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirly you must know I'm joking.? I say that they said Im a grass and that I know a drug dealer so I plant drugs wich I got from my drug dealer and grass them up like a grass would so! Duuurgh brain

By the way there is a Leslie neilsen joke I there if you can Find it. Shirly you can. Ok il stop calling you Shirly

Wha? This doesn't make a lot of sense.:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    How comforting it is to know Matt Forde, like Ronnie Irani is never ill, never late, never snowed in or to pissed up to get into work...but I bet they feel a little insecure:D
  • Options
    CalphurniaCalphurnia Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had this accusation before. My typical response is "I can't help but hear YOU because you have a voice like a FOGHORN!"
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slsls wrote: »
    Wha? This doesn't make a lot of sense.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

yes it does. Read the post properly again