Options

Glad Stacey is leaving

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really can't wait to see the back of Stacey she is a nasty bitch always has been a selfish one as well .

The terrible thing done to her aside many people are raped and don't react the way she did ,and before anybody says she has bipolar Stacey herself said that was not effecting her when she killed Archie and knew exactly what she was doing .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dislike Stacey most is becasue she mudered sombody and then let her dead husbands memory be tarnished by having everybody think he did it .

I have no doubt had Bradley lived she would have cheated on him with Ryan sooner or later .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ayo92 wrote: »
    She can be at times but Janine has been consistently infuriating since the 1990s. The latest thing is trying to kill someone for being sexually immoral when she's shagged how many married people and pissed all over the idea of marriage (marrying Barry for money, same with old Jewish guy). Honestly, she comes back every few years and starts a new evil plan. It's all become a bit panto. Can we see something new?

That's not why she tried to kill him. I'm not justifying her actions (she is bonkers), but you have to understand the character of Janine to understand why she acts the way she does. Since she was a little girl, she's always been let down by the men in her life, and after Ryan chased her, she gave in and decided to give it a go. He promised her she was the one, he'd never cheat, etc (all fears she expressed to him on their wedding day when she halted the wedding) and what does he do? Exactly what he said he wouldn't.

I believe Janine is a sociopath and I would love for the writers to explore this further instead of having her do a few schemes every now & then. Just get right into Janine's past and let us see what made her the way she is, because she's always been like this (not killing & poisoning people, but you know what I mean). I believe it's down to the death of her mum (it's obvious that's still a sore subject for her) and the abandonment father, Frank.

I have to say Lacey Turner & Charlie Brooks act their parts really well. Sometimes the writing can let their scenes down though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    That's not why she tried to kill him. I'm not justifying her actions (she is bonkers), but you have to understand the character of Janine to understand why she acts the way she does. Since she was a little girl, she's always been let down by the men in her life, and after Ryan chased her, she gave in and decided to give it a go. He promised her she was the one, he'd never cheat, etc (all fears she expressed to him on their wedding day when she halted the wedding) and what does he do? Exactly what he said he wouldn't.

I believe Janine is a sociopath and I would love for the writers to explore this further instead of having her do a few schemes every now & then. Just get right into Janine's past and let us see what made her the way she is, because she's always been like this (not killing & poisoning people, but you know what I mean). I believe it's down to the death of her mum (it's obvious that's still a sore subject for her) and the abandonment father, Frank.

I have to say Lacey Turner & Charlie Brooks act their parts really well. Sometimes the writing can let their scenes down though.

I agree with you on these points. The writers and producers should explore her character properly once and for all so more depth is added to her character. There are a lot of mitigating factors which come into play concerning Stacey's behaviour as well but sometimes people choose to ignore them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I mean, people are using Stacey's bipolar to excuse her behaviour while ignoring Janine's obvious mental disorder just because it hasn't been explored/diagnosed.

I love Janine - I find her entertaining to watch. But there's only so much panto-villain stuff I can take, lol. I'd love it if the writers had Pat persuade her to seek professional help and then for a few episodes we see Janine talking about the root cause of her problems (her mum, her dad, lack of trust in men, etc) with Pat by her side and see how that works. I can imagine there'd be some powerful scenes as Pat's always blamed herself for how Janine turned out and Janine's never really spoken about all that stuff.

I don't know if I'd want her to all of a sudden turn good, but taking Janine down this road would be different for the character and perhaps make her less one dimensional in some viewers' eyes.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the character of Stacey (though I still like her and sympathise with her) has run her course. What else could they possibly give her? She's had affairs, been diagnosed as bipolar, had mental health issues, lost Bradley, had a baby, murdered a man, been raped, been a total tart and slept her way round Albert Square. I fail to see where EE could take her from here, so in that way I agree that it's time for her to leave.

However, Lacey Turner is a phenomenal soap actress, she has me gripped and EE will be worse off without her IMO. I hope she goes on to big things.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also don't dislike Stacey because of her crime. I used to like her but not any more because, just like Kat before her, she has been overused by EE to the point that I'm sick of the sight of her.
  • Options
    anirose26anirose26 Posts: 1,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atleast Janine admitted that she tried to kill Ryan. Stacey?:rolleyes: Very nasty character imo. Glad she is leaving.

One can do something wrong,but needs lots of guts to admit it and come clean. From that point of view,I think Janine is far far better character than Stacey ever.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Gold_Fish wrote: »
    Yeah. I mean, people are using Stacey's bipolar to excuse her behaviour while ignoring Janine's obvious mental disorder just because it hasn't been explored/diagnosed.

I love Janine - I find her entertaining to watch. But there's only so much panto-villain stuff I can take, lol. I'd love it if the writers had Pat persuade her to seek professional help and then for a few episodes we see Janine talking about the root cause of her problems (her mum, her dad, lack of trust in men, etc) with Pat by her side and see how that works. I can imagine there'd be some powerful scenes as Pat's always blamed herself for how Janine turned out and Janine's never really spoken about all that stuff.

I don't know if I'd want her to all of a sudden turn good, but taking Janine down this road would be different for the character and perhaps make her less one dimensional in some viewers' eyes.

I agree, but it's unrealistic for Pat to keep supporting her without expecting some kind of change and improvement. It would be interesting to see Pat really push for Janine to really confront her issues and get some professional help. And she shouldn't change overnight, but it would be good if we could see her gain some perspective and remorse for her past actions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, but it's unrealistic for Pat to keep supporting her without expecting some kind of change and improvement. It would be interesting to see Pat really push for Janine to really confront her issues and get some professional help. And she shouldn't change overnight, but it would be good if we could see her gain some perspective and remorse for her past actions.

I agree with that. I see why Pat feels guilty and wants to be there for her now, but she does need to try & get Janine to realise she's not all there upstairs. I think Charlie Brooks & Pam St. Clement have amazing chemistry and so the more serious scenes between them would work really well.

The writers have a real oppurtunity here, IMO. Which means they probably won't take it, lol. But potentially there could be some pretty amazing scenes here.
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for her to leave.. horrible character. Very disappointed we will have to endure her leaving story Christmas day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can be at times but Janine has been consistently infuriating since the 1990s. The latest thing is trying to kill someone for being sexually immoral when she's shagged how many married people and pissed all over the idea of marriage (marrying Barry for money, same with old Jewish guy). Honestly, she comes back every few years and starts a new evil plan. It's all become a bit panto. Can we see something new?

I'm not saying Stacey should go for good but the character needs a break. I'd be happy to see her back in a few years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    Why do people still think he didn't rape her? I

cos she is mental, and breaks up marriages. and rape victims are usually to blame anyway, cos they do not dress modestly enough. did you not know all this? it's the tone in most Stacey posts, more or less.

reading the EE forum makes you wonder if this is the 21st or rather the 18th century.
  • Options
    Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anirose26 wrote: »
    Atleast Janine admitted that she tried to kill Ryan. Stacey?:rolleyes: Very nasty character imo. Glad she is leaving.

One can do something wrong,but needs lots of guts to admit it and come clean. From that point of view,I think Janine is far far better character than Stacey ever.

Admitting to murder or attempted murder counts for nothing if you've got it in you to do it again, which janine has.

"oh well done janine you've admitted to poisoning Ryan, you might do it again in 2 years but as long as you confess then I can't fault you"
  • Options
    angelbabyxangelbabyx Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate stacey's character, probably cos of the affair she had with max, she seems heartless, never happy. Quite a nasty character, nothing on Janine obviously. I like watching janine though. I don't like watching stacey anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    I find Stacey very annoying. Cant wait till she has left.
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cleo petra wrote: »
    Can't wait for her to leave.. horrible character. Very disappointed we will have to endure her leaving story Christmas day.

I'm not. Take down of Stacey, about time her actions were not overlooked and shrugged off.
  • Options
    silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Cannot wait till slapper Stacey leaves....hopefully in the back of a police car. She makes professional victim Little Mo look like an amateur. And i cant stand that fat Kat sticking up for her. It sounds absolutely terrible but after the way shes been goading Stacey into an affair with Ryan I cant wait until Ronnie pulls the switch on her...thatll wipe the smile off her face. I know that sounds awful.
  • Options
    silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Further to what ive said...i dont mean anything awful regarding anyone whos been through what is going to happen between Kat/Alfie and Jack/Ronnie at New Years.
    No offence intended to anyone whos experienced that trauma. I only meant that Kat needs bringing down a peg or two after sticking up for Stacey. Just wanted to clarify that.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    Yes glad she is going. Just annoying character and even more so with Kat shoving her head up her backside all the time mouthing off at everyone. Can't she stand up for herself anymore and so needs her "fairy chavmother" Kat to shout for her? And having yet another affair? and making out she's the poor little victim? what rubbish, she knows what she's doing and she deserves a proper slap or ten and then just leave. Take Kat as well. And maybe Jane and Lauren...

The return of Kat Slater is the reason why I am not so much into Eastenders at the moment, she has become a caricature or a cliche since her last appearances in the show.
  • Options
    JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad she's going