Which countries did you visit this year and what are your plans for next year.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,228
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This year I went Cairo twice, Athens, Istanbul, Syria, Lebanon, Togo and am currently in Mali.

I'm not sure where I would like to go next year but I'm thinking Mexico or South Africa.

What did you do this year? Which places did you like? and which weren't so good

Comments

• londonitelondonite Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive always wanted to go to italy and for my 30th im going there in feb :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds super :). Enjoy your 30th
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i went to Iceland in September and it was stunning

Not sure where I am going in 2012 as I live on the basis that you only have 1 life and you have to see as much of the world as possible and try and go somewhere new each year.

I am over 30 countries now:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This year: France and Ireland.
    Next year: Ireland and France.

Yeah, variety is the spice of life. :o Although next time, for a change, it's southern Ireland.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year: Belgium, France, Germany, Croatia, Bosnia, Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Thailand, India, Burma, China, Tibet, USA.

Next year: Germany, France, USA, China, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, India, Sri Lanka.

I like to travel...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Greek coast.
  • Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Philippines. Hoping to go back in Feb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was watching Michael Palin that got me wanting to travel.

If I ever feel bored or fed up I always watch around the world in 80 days
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2011: Not a great year for travel. Only managed to get to Paris and Amsterdam.

2012: Plans so far to go to Lisbon, Las Vegas and Munich.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    It was watching Michael Palin that got me wanting to travel.

If I ever feel bored or fed up I always watch around the world in 80 days

That's exactly what did it for me, too.

Remember watching it when I was 12 and just being amazed by the places he visited.

22 years and 86 countries later, I'm still going...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to Cuba this year, I'm not sure if we'll be going out of the country in 2012, depends on the financial situation, possibly a last minute package deal in the Costa Del something, if we're lucky.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to Grenada, in the Caribbean. We'll see where I can afford to go this year!
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been to Venice and Barbados this year. Hope to go to Rome and Barbados next year.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slough...

I had hoped to go to Iceland again but my agoraphobia got bad again. Maybe next year. I could happily go to Iceland every year. I like geysers, okay?
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    I lived in Gran Canaria for the first three months of the year, although it doesn't really count as 'visiting' when you work there. That was it. :(

I can't afford to travel much to be honest but I'd like to go back to France or try Croatia or Scandinavia next year. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Slough...

I had hoped to go to Iceland again but my agoraphobia got bad again. Maybe next year. I could happily go to Iceland every year. I like geysers, okay?

What's going on with this agoraphobia thing?
  • mangomoonmangomoon Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This year I went to Italy, Spain, France and USA. Next year I will be going to the USA again and hopefully Canada.
  • 86lphillips86lphillips Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have some people got an endless supply of money?
  • Pablo DiabloPablo Diablo Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and the Czech Republic :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find "travelling" boring. Just to travel somewhere and go "wow" and then come back again.

If there is one thing that outlines consumerism gone mad it is the tourist industry.

I have everything I want right here. I travelled almost everywhere in my job and found the tourist destinations ugly creations for a western delusion. While the real world is the nightmare of what makes the west the west. Distance gives enchantment to the view - and all that because the closer you are to reality you'll realise how ugly the world is because the west made it that way.

If you want to see any tourist destination, use your imagination and go to any part of the uk - save yourself time and money because the reality of the world is not for the consumerist mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's surprising what you can do with a semi decent wage, no children and no major commitments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    None! Furthest I went this year was London, which was lots of fun but hopefully will get out of the UK next year for a week in the sun!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kablamo wrote: »
    I find "travelling" boring. Just to travel somewhere and go "wow" and then come back again.

If there is one thing that outlines consumerism gone mad it is the tourist industry.

I have everything I want right here. I travelled almost everywhere in my job and found the tourist destinations ugly creations for a western delusion. While the real world is the nightmare of what makes the west the west. Distance gives enchantment to the view - and all that because the closer you are to reality you'll realise how ugly the world is because the west made it that way.

If you want to see any tourist destination, use your imagination and go to any part of the uk - save yourself time and money because the reality of the world is not for the consumerist mind.

I don't disagree there are some wonderful places to visit all over the UK.

Cornwall, North West Wales, Scottish Highlands and Islands etc
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We live in the society divided more into the "haves" and the "have-nots" than just about anywhere else in Europe.

So whilst millions struggle to scrape together the money for their weekly season ticket ........