Which countries did you visit this year and what are your plans for next year.

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    widbear wrote: »
    This year I visited Georgia, Armenia and Denmark. I happen to love medieval churches and Georgia and Armenia have loads of old churches full of candlelight and atmosphere.

Next year I aim to visit Romania and Ukraine for similar reasons.

Have visited 40 countries in my 41 years and would like to see lots more.

I would LOVE to visit Georgia and Armenia - also Azerbaijian. Did you go by yourself or on a tour?
  • mark_bmark_b Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This year I've only been to Morocco. Marrakesh was amazing! Like nothing I've ever seen before, especially the Djemaa el Fna and the souks. I also went to Essaouira which is a lovely, though crumbling, seaside town.

I've just been made redundant from my job (I was expecting it) and since I have savings and no mortgage, children or any other responsibilities, I've got myself a visa for India and I'm just sorting out a few other things, then I'm just going to take off and see where I end up :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olhao on the Algarve in March, Scotland in April, St. Wolfgang in Austria in June, Kirchberg in Tirol in September and Ullswater in October.

Next year so far.....Bad Ragaz in Switzerland for a week in March, then possibly somewhere in Austria in May/June, possibly Slovenia in September and Scotland or Snowdonia in October....

Just currently planning a long spa weekend somwehere for end of January.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I went to the UK for a friend's wedding last year, so I guess that counts. I take trips us to Canada fairly regularly as Vancouver is only a few hours away and am going skiing in Whistler (also fairly close) for a long weekend with my girlfriends. I suppose if you consider each state is pretty much like a different country then weekends in Vegas and San Francisco could count, I go there a fair bit too as they're quite short and cheap flights.
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The travel highlight for me this year was a trip to China,which included Beijing,Shanghai and Xian.The best bit for me,being a transport nerd was a trip on the Maglev train in Shanghai,fifteen miles in just over five minutes.
    Regards
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,667
    Forum Member
    I've actually never been abroad! I think it will always be my great regret, that I never get to see the likes of the pyramids, Ayres rock, other amazing places, in person. I've never been out of this country.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been to Darjeeling India, Moshi and Mosquito River area of Tanzania and Egypt this year.

Next year, I'm not sure yet, I fancy going back to Africa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    This year;

Skied in Bulgaria

Holiday in Las Vegas

Carribean Cruise, touching Haiti, Puerto Rico, St Maarten, St Kitts and Antigua

2012:

Skiing in Slovenia

holiday to Florida and Vegas

a.n. other
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only went to Tunisia this year, and probably Tunisia next year.
  • sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to go to NYC next year.