• roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats why you should alway fill your detail on the back of the ticket

Or do it online, and if you win, guessing camelot will contact you
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame we have to waste tax payers money sending them to prison etc.

500 hours community service over a five year period, tagging & cyrfews & a permenat note in the shop appologising for what they did while they still earn a living and raise the kid.

Beleive me. a few hundred hours of picking up dog muck is a lot harder than a few months playing ion the playstation in jail.
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Chris Hansen and Dateline NBC doing a report on this. Here is one of the clips. There are several more on YouTube.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did the pensioner get his/her money?

Yes, but he's apparently saddened as he was fond of that shop. He's forgiven them though, which is nice of him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I worked in retail, I always used to offer people their ticket back after checking it, just so they knew it really wasn't a winner. I usually got a sarcastic reply, but it prevented any shenanigans like this.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chupchup wrote: »
    Not sure how people think they can get away with sort of theft. Camelot ask you where you bought the ticket, the day etc. Silly people. Feel sorry for the child.
    I often check my tickets weeks after. I can't remember exactly where I bought my tickets as I buy them anywhere, including when I am in another town or city. :o
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    People who stand in front of me in shops asking the person behind the counter to check their lottery tickets annoy the sh*t out of me. I for my part never try to do my shopping in Ladbrokes .
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    I often check my tickets weeks after. I can't remember exactly where I bought my tickets as I buy them anywhere, including when I am in another town or city. :o

Yep me too - I do it when I am sorting out my bank statements once a month and clear all my receipts and stuff out of my purse. Although I could probably name half a dozen places where it would be one of. Not necessarily though.

They must take that into account though - you can claim up to six months after the drawer. They can't expect folks to remember where they shopped six months ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never ask shop staff to check my ticket for this reason...paranoid...maybe? :P
  • franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alt-F4 wrote: »
    it's only 156k, I wouldn't have bothered swindling an old man unless it was at least 500k

Only? Would make a big difference to my life I can tell you...hope it's the same for the pensioner. Glad to hear he got his winnings in the end and good luck to him.