Options

Kenny Everett BBC4 Wednesday 3rd

cliveb2005cliveb2005 Posts: 665
Forum Member
✭✭
A splurge of Kenny this Wednesday built around the biopic 'Best Possible Taste'. Hope we've all got our sofas booked, recorders set etc !!! :D

Comments

• Options
    Paully_CPaully_C Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    cliveb2005 wrote: »
    A splurge of Kenny this Wednesday built around the biopic 'Best Possible Taste'. Hope we've all got our sofas booked, recorders set etc !!! :D

One of the finest comedians/broadcasters this country's ever produced. I can't wait for next Wednesday!

Keeping my fingers crossed that some of my favourite sketches make it into the two clips shows they're putting on either side of the biopic. In particular, "The Great Escapo" - the escapaologist who gets ground up in a meat mincer and food mixer before being drunk by his assistant... and then trying to escape!
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Paully_C wrote: »
    One of the finest comedians/broadcasters this country's ever produced. I can't wait for next Wednesday!

Keeping my fingers crossed that some of my favourite sketches make it into the two clips shows they're putting on either side of the biopic. In particular, "The Great Escapo" - the escapaologist who gets ground up in a meat mincer and food mixer before being drunk by his assistant... and then trying to escape!
    That's one of my favourite sketches too :)

There's also some KE programmes on BBC Radio 4 Extra this week. One is today at 3pm (on iPlayer already), then there's episodes of Captain Kremmen at 8:25am daily from Monday.
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Biggest Hits on the Radio !
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paully_C wrote: »

Yes I always enjoyed that sketch too, "My assistant will then put the liquid me into a glass...from which I will escape!" :D
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Spiderman being caught short?
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cliveb2005 wrote: »

Didn't know about these. Just set the Sky+
    Thanks
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Just in case it's omitted then - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7z4CIHL6AE
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's also a big shame ITV and the BBC don't repeat his shows.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the clips the actor does a good job in the voice and the looks of Kenny.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder who plays Cleo Rocos.
  • Options
    StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »

Carol Vorderman would be a good choice !

Or Christina Hendricks
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »

Someone who does 'justice' to her, if you know what I mean!
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An 84 year old friend told me about the show next week. Was surprised when she said she was a big fan of Kenny as she's so incredibly straight laced! How wrong did I get her?

Will be interesting viewing of a very interesting character.
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I trust the Broadcasting Under Manager approves?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Someone who does 'justice' to her, if you know what I mean!

A dominatrix perhaps as she was quite keen to put on leather and crack a whip. ( Actually she did this once on a BBC show and it led to hundreds of complaints).
  • Options
    IRITALIAIRITALIA Posts: 6,508
    Forum Member
    Thank God I found this as I thought I had missed the show.
    Humax set now! :)
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging by the clips the actor does a good job in the voice and the looks of Kenny.

That's the problem with programmes like this one, the actors are never quite like the person they represent so you spend the whole programme noticing the difference.

Michael Sheen seems to have made a career out of it but ever time I see him I just think it is the actor who does not quite look like BLiar, whoever he is playing!
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wednesday evening is definitely fully booked!

Pity BBC4 didn't try-bother-weren't able (delete as applicable) to get some of the Thames Video Show to show.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    I trust the Broadcasting Under Manager approves?

If the Broadcasting Under Manager does not approve may be Mary Hinge would approve
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC 4 are again wonderful this week. kenny Everett and a ELO/Jeff Lynne night on Friday night. Best channel on the Telly
  • Options
    JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done BBC. It'll be better viewing than those ITV arseholes will be offering.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoLuc wrote: »
    Well done BBC. It'll be better viewing than those ITV arseholes will be offering.

I still want to see the Jimmy Savile documentary, but I would rather throw up than watch clapped out tripe like Corrie( it even has to have a nickname now).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Bumpity bump. Should be an excellent watch tonight but I do agree with mike65 that it's a pity that none of the Thames stuff is likely to be shown.
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope it's all done in the best possible taste.......
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done BBC4 :)