• Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reg Cox in the first episode.
  • Options
    Knives326Knives326 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I have vague recollections seeing Den and Angie in the pub, Dot, Ethel and Willy in the 80s but I didn't take much notice of it then so nothing specific comes to mind. The first storylines I can remember seeing were some family being the victim of racial abuse (late 80s/early 90s?) and Dot having Nick locked up in his room on cold turkey.

I first watched properly about 94 but dipped in and out. The first episodes I remember really getting my attention was when that psycho army mate of Grant's took him, Sharon and Michelle hostage and Michelle was shot and Sharongate not longer after.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Episode 1 - February 85 - den kicking the door in. I was 6 weeks off ny 15th birthday. Seem pretty mcuh episode since and have a good memory so I think I should be able to speak with some authority on the hustory of the show an characters.
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My earliest episode a whole episode of just Dot and Ethel talking
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat, Roy, Frank, Peggy, Terry and Irene abroad, 2000.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    IWasBored wrote: »
    My earliest episode a whole episode of just Dot and Ethel talking

That was about 87 or 88 - I think. The 2nd two hander (first was Den and Angie in Sept 86 and third Michelle and Sharon in 89) where Dot revealed she'd aborted her first baby and talked about how she abused Nick (keeping his tea from him until he accepted the Lkord).
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    That was about 87 or 88 - I think. The 2nd two hander (first was Den and Angie in Sept 86 and third Michelle and Sharon in 89) where Dot revealed she'd aborted her first baby and talked about how she abused Nick (keeping his tea from him until he accepted the Lkord).

Cheers. I would have been 5 or 6 then
  • Options
    mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    Born December 87, my earliest memory is Frank returning on Christmas Day
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The trailers starting in late 1984
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I cant remember exactly but if i look back at huge past storylines it looks as if it was 1998 i started watching. I wad a kid so its a blur but i know i was defintley watching when Tiffany got run over the end of that year.
  • Options
    johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    When the first episode was broadcast I was in room 1002 of the Karelia hotel in Leningrad, USSR.

I started watching it six weeks later. In the first episode I watched, Ethel was babysitting for baby Annie while Mary the punk was out.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching in late 2010 so my earliest memory is of Janine poisoning Ryan with some illegal drug.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den and Angie in the pub.
  • Options
    BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy and Honey getting married and Jay's dad dieing
  • Options
    iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    2006 Ruby and Sean talking. I remember I saw a few episodes around that time of the Ruby/Sean/Stacey stuff
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having a school girl crush on Sanjay.
  • Options
    Dan_1983Dan_1983 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grant beating up Eddie Royle.
  • Options
    CamzarellaCamzarella Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    I remember the Tiffany, Tony, Simon and Bianca trip to Blackpool where Tony realised he was gay.

Also remember Sam coming back and having an affair with Ricky. Tiffany took Bianca to where she had overheard they were planning to meet and tensions grew on the bus journey there because B didn't believe Tiff. The doof doof line was B shouting 'TO PROVE THAT YOU'RE A LIAR!' Me and my late brother always used that line after that.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricky's affair with Natalie (the first time) - which must have been 1994/5. But I was very young.

I also vaguely recall Sharon and Michelle living together in 1995-ish, but I can vividly recall Michelle and Vicky leaving the Square in October 95.
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle telling her gran she was pregnant was my first memory
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Den kicking Reg Cox's door down with Arthur and Ali.
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    All the trailers and then watching the very first episode back in 1985.

Dirty Den, Ali and Arthur breaking into Reg Cox's and Den exclaiming 'stinks in ere'!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »
    Billy and Honey getting married and Jay's dad dieing

Still find Jay's dad's death upsetting - shame Jay is so under-used cos this s/l allowed him to show a lot of promise, horrible as it was.