Options

BBC 1 From there to here

Comments

• Options
    curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    was phill glenister only in the first episode then? or more likely he wasn't inside

He's in all the episodes.
  • Options
    kazzieconkazziecon Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    I quite enjoyed it! 😊😊
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    I havn't heard, but it should be on BBC I player soon.

That's true. I forgot about that. Cheers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's true. I forgot about that. Cheers.

It's up on I player now :)
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume the brothers contrived bet on England to win the euros was England to qualify through each round, they didn't beat Spain in 90 minutes of course
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curmy wrote: »
    It's up on I player now :)

Nice one :)
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    My mum/dad (God bless him) were in the area that day, somewhere think, and heard it go off, they lived in New mills, Mum still does, she said the people of Manchester were very bitter at the governments lack of help. And it got bigger news headlines in Russia, and chezch as it was before a game at old Trafford in which it happened, with the. Media all camped. Out at Wembley, they had to pull some out to send to Manchester, there was a very strong article the MEN, saying if it had happened in their beloved London (there words not Mine) would help have been slow, even today some are still Blitter over help from central government
    Strong words indeed
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nw0307 wrote: »
    I'm half expecting a few "Mad for it" cliches at the moment. Nice to see Glenister and Liz White back together on screen though

Yeah Great to see Phil Glenister and Liz White on the screen together !..not since Life on Mars ....love Liz Whites Yorkshire accent ... just like Annie Cartwright again ! :)
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could have made it a little more accurate.. he said she lived in Flixton.. but her house was in Rochdale.. and Sandbrook Park (on that road sign) wasn`t built in 1996
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed that...can't wait to see how this pans out :)
  • Options
    james_W85james_W85 Posts: 4,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Yeah Great to see Phil Glenister and Liz White on the screen together !..not since Life on Mars ....love Liz Whites Yorkshire accent ... just like Annie Cartwright again ! :)

and a lot of life on Mars was filmed around there too
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I take it Steven Mackintosh was cast because John Simm was busy? Nice to see him wearing Sam Tyler's old leather jacket from 'Life on Mars'. :)
  • Options
    Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    They could have made it a little more accurate.. he said she lived in Flixton.. but her house was in Rochdale.. and Sandbrook Park (on that road sign) wasn`t built in 1996

I thought he said Flixton as a lie for taking so long getting back home
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »

According to what the cast & crew said, it wasn't easy to find locations that hadn't changed since 1996.
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    This was a local tragedy, can't get interested in the fact that someone has made a TV drama out of it.

Ah well, never mind. You don't have to watch, do you?
  • Options
    Phoenix04Phoenix04 Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure how he managed to place a 5 game acccumulator during the group stage, which included 3 possible knockout games against unknown opponents. It would have been more realistic for him just to have placed a bet on England winning the tournament.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I could think of whilst watching this was Philip Gleinster certainly gets around a bit, practically every scene he is somewhere else with someone else in the space of moments.....
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    It's far too painful to watch AGAIN. :D

Exactly, remember this so well.

I was in that Marks and Spencer only a week before :o on a rare trip to Manchester.

I liked this show enough to carry on watching next week.
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he said Flixton as a lie for taking so long getting back home

Possibly yes..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james_W85 wrote: »
    and a lot of life on Mars was filmed around there too

Well Phil said he loved coming back to film in Manchester it was like coming home !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it Steven Mackintosh was cast because John Simm was busy? Nice to see him wearing Sam Tyler's old leather jacket from 'Life on Mars'. :)

Shame John Simm wasnt in this one aswell would have been good to see Phil Liz and John work together again !
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed with the slow start. It is only a three part story and for me it only got going after about half an hour, by which time my wife had given up on it.

So pleased to see Liz White with more than just the few lines she had in Line of Duty recently.
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really disappointed by this. Not sure quite what I was expecting, but a bit more than a dithering 50-odd year old man having a mid-life crisis after a near death experience.

I love Philip Glenister and he's a great actor but this has to get better.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this first episode and Steven Mackintosh is brilliant, not sure about the look tho.

Great to see Daniel Rigby as the son as he is wasted in the BT ads.

Looking forward to the 2nd part.
  • Options
    JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    I was really disappointed by this. Not sure quite what I was expecting, but a bit more than a dithering 50-odd year old man having a mid-life crisis after a near death experience.

I love Philip Glenister and he's a great actor but this has to get better.

I agree - I saw the write-up and was very excited, but I thought it was very poor and uninteresting, given the cast. By the end I couldn't care about any of the characters and just started doing the dishes.

I especially hated Steven Mackintosh (who I usually really like) and, sadly, Liz White - I didn't believe her character at all.