The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Off to the dentist for a check-up shortly - will also have a small shopping expedition.

Georgy, I know exactly how you feel. Washer/dryer still not fixed although repairman was here for over 2 hours!!!! Everything goes wrong at once. Guess that is what happens. Also think it is difficult to realize children are grown up. A friend says it didn't really hit her until her son got married - and now she has to strike a balance as to when to see and call him as she doesn't want to be seen as an intefering mother-in-law. Very difficult!

We have had a very hectic weekend and a hectic week ahead so need to relax when I can. Roll on weekend. Didn't have time to even read the weekend papers properly and my mountain of ironing is at Everest levels so will have to tackle it when I get back today.

Have a lovely time everyone.
    Forum Member
    i think i might give it a go to
    but it needs to grab me in the first few weeks

I am giving BB a miss. As I said I can't bear Rylan. Will only watch if there is nothing remotely interesting on. One of my resolutions this year was to cut down on the amount of TV I watch. Haven't been that successful yet but better than last year.

Celebrity MasterChef is starting soon and that might be interesting.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    evening all....so what has been happening?

I have been busy all weekend and now feel as if I have missed all sorts of interesting things. !!!!
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all, hope you're all well, sorry not been around - life's a bit hectic what with Mum being ill, Dad being Dad and Laura being Laura :D

I shall be watching BB as usual, of course. It may be a different show, but it's still something I enjoy - especially as football matches are the only alternative this time around!
  • georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all

Off to the dentist for a check-up shortly - will also have a small shopping expedition.

Georgy, I know exactly how you feel. Washer/dryer still not fixed although repairman was here for over 2 hours!!!! Everything goes wrong at once. Guess that is what happens. Also think it is difficult to realize children are grown up. A friend says it didn't really hit her until her son got married - and now she has to strike a balance as to when to see and call him as she doesn't want to be seen as an intefering mother-in-law. Very difficult!

We have had a very hectic weekend and a hectic week ahead so need to relax when I can. Roll on weekend. Didn't have time to even read the weekend papers properly and my mountain of ironing is at Everest levels so will have to tackle it when I get back today.

Have a lovely time everyone.

Morning :D
    Hope the dentist went well
    and you got your ironing done :D

re son it was a strange feeling looking on
    as he explained the contracts very carefully to his nan
    sort of when did that happen, was i not looking, when did he become a man
    weird feeling and i can understand how your friend feels
    very hard not to crowd them

not doing much today
    well a little cleaning
    and a pop to the shops

have a good day
    will check back in later :D
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    evening all....so what has been happening?

I have been busy all weekend and now feel as if I have missed all sorts of interesting things. !!!!

Well lot of things in the house broke
    a couple of pumps, that sort of thing

and my son grew up when i wasn't looking

how about you :D
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Hi all, hope you're all well, sorry not been around - life's a bit hectic what with Mum being ill, Dad being Dad and Laura being Laura :D

I shall be watching BB as usual, of course. It may be a different show, but it's still something I enjoy - especially as football matches are the only alternative this time around!

Thats ok, but its always lovely to see ya

sounds like you have your hands full, sending your family
    all the best xxx

i knew you would be watching, never in doubt
    as i said, i,m going to give it a try
    but i will also be watching the footie, cricket and the rugby
    might manage to squeeze in some tennis to

pop in and let us know, how your doing with bb
    always like to hear about your favs :D
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Great to see you muggins - hope things get easier for you and that you will pop in to see us more regularly.

Raining here and neighbours next door were watering their lawn - don't people look at the weather reports? Watering lawns is a complete waste of time as it makes roots weaker (heard this on Gardener's Question Time). Rant over for the day.

Have a lovely day all.
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Great to see you muggins - hope things get easier for you and that you will pop in to see us more regularly.

Raining here and neighbours next door were watering their lawn - don't people look at the weather reports? Watering lawns is a complete waste of time as it makes roots weaker (heard this on Gardener's Question Time). Rant over for the day.

Have a lovely day all.

Pouring down here also :(
    just about to do a college run

you to xxxx
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well lot of things in the house broke
    a couple of pumps, that sort of thing

and my son grew up when i wasn't looking

how about you :D

That is tad funny lol.

Just dropping by to say hello to the JJAT:)
    Forum Member
    Good to see you ucra - hope all is well with you. Your children must be growing up fast too.

Yup! Time goes by so quickly - children are now adults and we who were youthful and fit look like old hags (thank goodness for hair colour) and think it an achievement to walk around the supermarkets....;-);-)
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see you ucra - hope all is well with you. Your children must be growing up fast too.

Yup! Time goes by so quickly - children are now adults and we who were youthful and fit look like old hags (thank goodness for hair colour) and think it an achievement to walk around the supermarkets....;-);-)

I am fine nyannie.It is hard to know where time goes with children.My daughter is now a working woman who finished school.She was 17 yrs when I joined DS.
  • Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Hi all :)

Have had a read through, very enjoyable. Good to see you ucra and muggins, and hope to see you back again soon :)

Georgy, I know what you mean about kids 'growing up while you're not looking', it's amazing, isn't it? I can hardly believe that my younger daughter manages a day nursery with 60 children and 20 staff! When did that happen?!? ;-)

Have been very busy trying to re-establish some form of normality after the house move fell through, and seeing mum most days.

Have managed a couple of outings though :D Really enjoyed an overnight stay in Birmingham last week. We went to the art gallery and museum, went to a concert in the symphony hall and had a great Indian meal. I almost felt young! :cool:

Tonight went to the cinema to see a documentary / 'private view' of the Matisse exhibition at the Tate. Most enjoyable :)

Am looking forward to lots of sport this summer, well, mainly football and tennis. Well done Andy Murray btw at Roland Garros and hope he gets through the quarter finals....

Will try to report in a bit more over the next few weeks ...

Wishing you all a good night's sleep and a good day tomorrow :)

Lindy xx
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »
    I am fine nyannie.It is hard to know where time goes with children.My daughter is now a working woman who finished school.She was 17 yrs when I joined DS.

Glad to hear you are OK. Time really does fly! Cannot believe your daughter is working - seems like yesterday she was in school. Boy, I really am feeling my age.
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Heavyish rain here today.

Hope everyone is taking precautions to make their computer secure with this awful virus. Wonder what DS is doing to protect us.

Finally found a builder who will fix our roof - hope he sends in a quote!!!!

Off to a special dinner in London tonight. Going to be a very late night and we are splashing out - having a taxi pick us up so we don't have to travel on the late-night trains.

Have a good day everyone.
    Forum Member
    Enjoy your special dinner nyannie :) Look forward to hearing about it :D

Lindy x
    Forum Member
    evening all....so we are back into lovely summer weather.........rain rain and even more rain.

Did anyone else see Game of thrones on Monday night....I am only just getting over the shock. Programmes do not need this kind of gratuitious violence. :-(

Looks like things are looking up around here...could it all be related to Big Brother next week?

Football or Big Brother? it is going to be a very interesting choice...what shall I watch?
    Forum Member
    Georgy, I know just what you mean about your son growing up without you noticing.

My youngest is finishing uni this month. And She is so grown up, and talking of living and working in London. I should have expected it....but I wasn't, and although im really happy for her, I was expecting her to come back home again after uni. Which is what her older sister did. Its just hard to get my head around it all. :-(
    Forum Member
    evening all....so we are back into lovely summer weather.........rain rain and even more rain.

Did anyone else see Game of thrones on Monday night....I am only just getting over the shock. Programmes do not need this kind of gratuitious violence. :-(

Looks like things are looking up around here...could it all be related to Big Brother next week?

Football or Big Brother? it is going to be a very interesting choice...what shall I watch?

Hmmm - you could watch Nashville, The Good Wife, BBC4 - or turn the TV off. I have discovered some interesting radio programs and can do something else while listening.

Bit tired - didn't get home until almost 1 am - so glad we bit the bullet and took a taxi home, the thought of a train journey late at night fills me with horror!

Back to bed for me.
    Forum Member
    I am watching The Good Wife and loving it....its so well written, And I am also watching 24. for the first time ever, and loving this series, even though I do recognise elements of the plot from recent books..!!

Just had my car cleaned at Tesco.....they do such a brilliant job of it, and it makes my little car feel so luxurious!!

Does BB really start tomorrow?
    Forum Member
    I am watching The Good Wife and loving it....its so well written, And I am also watching 24. for the first time ever, and loving this series, even though I do recognise elements of the plot from recent books..!!

Just had my car cleaned at Tesco.....they do such a brilliant job of it, and it makes my little car feel so luxurious!!

Does BB really start tomorrow?

I too love the Good Wife. The woman who plays Alicia (having a senior moment and can't remember her name) comes from a village close to where I lived in the US. She was wonderful on ER too. You should give Nashville a try although you may need to buy the first series.

Hope all of you have a lovely day and a good weekend - we have the repairman for our washer/dryer coming again! Third time lucky?
  • CrazyChickCrazyChick Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John James @uk_JohnJames_oz · 5m

Note to ALL new house mates- 1st thing , make sure you are aware of the location of all the Fire exits :-)
    Forum Member
    CrazyChick wrote: »

Note to ALL new house mates- 1st thing , make sure you are aware of the location of all the Fire exits :-)

I see John hasn't lost his acerbic wit, then! :cool:

Thanks CrazyChick for copying this over. Interesting that John is still aware of BB starting in the UK :)

Maybe he'll actually put in an appearance somewhere? :D xx
    Forum Member
    it is an interesting tweet.......

so are we ready for the storms this weekend
    Forum Member
    CrazyChick wrote: »

Thanks Crazy Chick. Very much appreciated.

John still remembers his experience in BB then. Good advice too!

Just hope he is happy and healthy.