Riley Costello - Hollyoaks 17?!!!

emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I read somewhere today that Riley is supposed to be 17?! What? Are they serious? I can usually suspend reality to a point but that is ridiculous! He looks mid-late 20s to me! I guess they do it to give characters longevity, so they don't get too old quickly but COME ON!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read that too, but I think it's wrong. He is at least 20. His parents must be late 30s anyway... :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    I've read that too, but I think it's wrong. He is at least 20. His parents must be late 30s anyway... :confused:

Nope, he is definately meant to be 17.

It's hilarious, I don't know what they were thinking when they cast him!
  • Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think that's bad... Amber is meant to be 12.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toby4000 wrote: »
    Nope, he is definately meant to be 17.

It's hilarious, I don't know what they were thinking when they cast him!

All of the new teenagers look way older than they are. Taylor, Bart, Seth, Jasmine, Sinead are all 15, but look like they should be 17/18. Then there's Amber :D :eek:

They should have made Riley 18 or 19 at least. It's more believable..
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and Jasmine/Jason is meant to be 15, but looks far too old (I know the actress is 23 or so, but come on:D)
  • soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    toby4000 wrote: »
    I don't know what they were thinking when they cast him!
    He's kinda hot :D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Riley...I'm right in saying Riley has the dark hair, yeah? He doesn't look 17 at all!?!!

Am I the only one who thinks that Jasmine & Seth genuinely look like twins...
  • Donna2010Donna2010 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks has a habbit of casting people in their 20's to play teenages but I didn't realise Riley was supposed to be this young! I thought he was about 24 even though the actor looks about 27.
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    He's probably 17 nearly 18 seeing as he doesn't go to hollyoaks high.

Some teenagae boys grow up really quickly some don't there is only two years between Justin Beiber and Taylor Lautner yet one looks about 12 and the other in his early 20's.

TBH I'd rather have good actor who look older than their supposed to then a bad one who doesn't.