Scott's accent

emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I hadn't really thought about it before tonight but does he put that voice on?

Comments

• Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emzi27 wrote: »
    I hadn't really thought about it before tonight but does he put that voice on?

I think so ...It's all an act with him...he IS a drama queen
  • dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i suspect hes been doing it so long hes convinced himself that IS his voice..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you'd have noticed by now, that's quite an act to put on 24/7. Maybe he's just, y'know....eloquent?
  • xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    I dont think he fully puts it on, jusr exaggerated.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Surely he must be finding it difficult to keep it up for extended amounts of time a day?

(Said the director of Benedict....)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends how long he has been doing it, I suspect it comes naturally now.
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds just like Andrew Lloyd Webber
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    it's not been put on for big brother because being nosey I read his twitter feed and he has been "darling this and that for years"
  • Romola_Des_LoupRomola_Des_Loup Posts: 3,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His accent does change. He was uber posh in his VT and it was far more toned down once he was in the house, almost to estuary. When drunk, he sounds a lot more camp. Most people do this, tbh, depending on the company and situation. It's not necessarily 'fake', we just adapt without realising it. Speak to someone who's lived away from their home town for a while and has lost their accent. Then listen to them on the phone to their family - the accent comes back.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    I found this recording of a WW2 prisoner of war from Macclesfield. Although accents evolve over time, I don't think it is that far away from Scott's

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/audio/2009/nov/09/firstworldwar
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely he must be finding it difficult to keep it up for extended amounts of time a day?

(Said the director of Benedict....)

He's adopted a persona

( said Johnny Cockfill )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His accent does change. He was uber posh in his VT and it was far more toned down once he was in the house, almost to estuary. When drunk, he sounds a lot more camp. Most people do this, tbh, depending on the company and situation. It's not necessarily 'fake', we just adapt without realising it. Speak to someone who's lived away from their home town for a while and has lost their accent. Then listen to them on the phone to their family - the accent comes back.

Absolutely this. I was a student in Plymouth for 3 years, I don't really have an accent usually but now whenever I'm drunk I start talking like a right Janner. 'Ere!
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    It may be just me but there's a hint of Neil Tennant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member

My friends daughter three accents local accent,for hanging out with old friends, posh accent (public school) and a hindi accent for family and she just switches all sound 100% real she doesn't even realise she is doing it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found this recording of a WW2 prisoner of war from Macclesfield. Although accents evolve over time, I don't think it is that far away from Scott's

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/audio/2009/nov/09/firstworldwar

Hmm.. I dont think it sounds at all like him.. !
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    The suggestion though was that Scott had created this 'persona' because he's not naturally from that kind of background which seems a little strange.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »

Yes it does i agree but a tad camper ..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's as if he imitating Tim Curry with looks, facial expressions and his accent.
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's as if he imitating Tim Curry with looks, facial expressions and his accent.

That is EXACTLY who he reminds me of!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    The suggestion though was that Scott had created this 'persona' because he's not naturally from that kind of background which seems a little strange.
    That's what I find a bit odd. Benedict said something about asking Scott if he'd gone to private school but Scott said no, he'd picked the accent up watching Pride & Prejudice? I do agree with Benedict when he says Scott has created a caricature.
    Thank you, that's who he reminds me of, it was driving me mad trying to think who it was! :D
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    dwiseman wrote: »
    Hmm.. I dont think it sounds at all like him.. !
    Try Mr Methane man from Macclesfield ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Fo1zHJIQc&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Tim Curry is also from Cheshire, so i think we can assume that Scott is using his own accent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i would concur theres definitely more than a hint of Curry about him..
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »

And Tennant's not your typical sounding Geordie.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did come across in his VT that he wanted to be posh, but his background wasn't posh. He also has admitted this regarding his family, so he's made himself posh, though not really sure why.
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is not a normal cheshire accent! Possibly one used by the pretentious alderly edge set mind you.