Options

How much are you happy paying per hour?

SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was thinking about it earlier and I came to the conclusion that the maximum I am happy paying for a game is £1 per hour played.
So if the game is 15 hours long I don't really want to pay more than 15 to buy it.

How much would you say you are happy paying for games per hour?

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depends on the quality of game.

Journey on PS3 cost £10 and lasted about 2 hours, but that time was so amazing that I didn't feel cheated at all. Well worth the money for the experience.

On the other hand, a game could be 80 hours long, but if they are 80 monotonous, boring hours then any amount of money would be a waste.
  • Options
    xmodz10xmodz10 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people playing multiplayer games might put over a 100 hours in.
    dont see them paying £100 for game.

for me it depends on the quality of the game.

if i had to chose a figure it would be 10p a hour
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most games (single player campaigns) can be completed within 10 hours so I'm paying £4.00 per hour ATM! :)
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy to pay about £5 an hour if it's very good
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say its not as simple as a £ per hour figure, for me its about quality and length

Uncharted for example is a quality game but only last about 15-20 hours, on the other hand Fallout is a quality game that lasts a 100-1000 hours

If i paid the same for both i wouldn't feel sort changed

If i had to say a length though, i'd say for 39.99 i want the game ro last at least 2-3 days and have some replay value, whether that be different difficulties with a good reason to replay them, or side quests etc, that would push the total play to at least a week or two
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how much I would pay. For example, I've got Madden 25 and each game I play nearly takes an hour and I've played more than 20 games on it (not including all mini games and online head to head games). It's worth more than £20 though imo.
    xmodz10 wrote: »
    people playing multiplayer games might put over a 100 hours in.
    dont see them paying £100 for game.

But people pay (in the case of the PS4 & X1) for Plus and Live to play online. Which does bump it up towards the £100 mark.
  • Options
    Simon1984Simon1984 Posts: 5,792
    Forum Member
    £1 per hour for single player mode, 10p per hour for online.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First 20 hours say, £1-2 per hour, then that drops to maybe 10p per hour, I think that's the fairest way for pay-per-hour games to work.

A flat rate of £1 wouldn't work, that would just encourage devs to use filler to get more money, a flat rate of 10p would see devs going bust, it has to be a fair balance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A game like last of us lasted me about 12 hours and cost £40 but for me it was value for money, as was the expansion which only lasted 2.5 hours and cost £12.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, only thinking of myself and not the developers etc etc. New games should be 30 quid. That the price I'm generally Ok with buying at. However another option is loyalty. Take fifa. I think someone should be able to take back the previous Years version and get the new one for 25. The old one gets taken out of circulation back to publisher for destroying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    For me, only thinking of myself and not the developers etc etc. New games should be 30 quid. That the price I'm generally Ok with buying at. However another option is loyalty. Take fifa. I think someone should be able to take back the previous Years version and get the new one for 25. The old one gets taken out of circulation back to publisher for destroying.

I think EA really overcharge for sports games on versions where there are no changes except roster updates.

Take the Vita version of Fifa for example. Fifa Football, Fifa 13 and Fifa 14 are all the same with the exception of the roster updates.

Even now Fifa Football is £9 on Amazon while FiFa 14 is £20, I know which one I would buy.
  • Options
    Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £1 per hour seems reasonable but if you buy a game like Call of Duty and are not a fan of the multiplayer mode then you're not likely to get value for money. Usually takes less than 5 hours to clear the campaign mode.

I've easily played over 30 hours of PES 2014 and paid less than £30 for it so that is a game that has been really good value for money.