Paul Dickenson

2»

Comments

• Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who ? I didn't know FIBT did athletics.

Martin Haven, who does bob and skeleton on the World Cup would have been an immensely better choice of commentator than Paul Dickinson, in that his brain works, he does not suffer from numerical dyslexia, and he knows a lot (or indeed, something) about the sport and the characters involved.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobbyd wrote: »
    I agree too. I don't mind him calling suggested shots - after all it's what we're all doing at home too :p Is it 23 matches they've commentated on now ? It's a marathon.

I'd miss Dickenson's voice on the commentary but the mistakes are too abundant now. I agree with an earlier poster - more Andrew Cotter please.

I don't mind Cotter on golf, certainly better than Steve Rider.
    Affected a knowledge of the game, but is a high handicapper.

I remember him once on one live TV broadcast, walking part of a fairway with Ken Brown.
    Trying to give the impression that he knew what he was talking about, he turned to Ken and said; "Ken, for the benefit of club members, would you explain to them the best way of getting a ball up out of a divot on a fairway?"

Ken gave him an old-fashioned look and said. "Well, I find the best way is to nudge it with your foot."

Priceless!
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin Haven, who does bob and skeleton on the World Cup would have been an immensely better choice of commentator than Paul Dickinson, in that his brain works, he does not suffer from numerical dyslexia, and he knows a lot (or indeed, something) about the sport and the characters involved.

We were talking about Andrew Cotter replacing Paul Dickenson on athletics