Options

[GAME] Battle Of The Seasons 4: Live Show 3

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tonight's show is brought to you by this video clip, not for the faint-hearted. ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzhIC86sf2g

Last week on Battle Of The Seasons, we watched the 12 acts singing songs that relate to the power of love and whilst some were loved by the public and judges, others didn't quite feel the love. But one act was left heartbroken as Poisonous Twin left the competition following a deadlock result. Tonight and with Paul now taking over the 2012 class, get ready to witness a night of Eurovision and as always, you can expect some neighbourhood scoring and other crazy moments that come with Eurovision.

Let's welcome now the panel and your Top 11!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSIolFvLwXQ

pingu58011 & The Class of 2009
Stacey McClean
Jamie Archer
Harmony Hood

Ryan11 & The Class of 2013
Luke Friend
Abi Alton
XYRA

Arran_Dempster & The Class of 2007
Andy Williams
Alisha Bennett
W4

pjh8 & The Class of 2012
Jahmene Douglas
Nicola Marie

So judges, can you please confirm your presence and that we can start.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Here :D
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here :D
    Not all my comments were prepared in advance so some of them may be a bit brief :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, no sign of Ryan or Arran, so I hope they catch up shortly.

Kicking off our Eurovision night will be the 2013 class and with a cover of Belgium's entry from 2010, it's Abi Alton!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpmUkL96cSI
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arran's hosting a show, did he not send comments?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Abi, this is the performance I have been waiting for from you. This really suited you. It had that quirk which I love about you and it actually sounded like something that you had written yourself. Next week though (I know you can't have done it with this theme) please go INDIE. Nice start to the show though so well done!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi that was an okay start to the show but I think your voice is a lot softer than that. The song did sound like something you would sing and there were some similarities between you and the cover artist but overall I think your mentor needs to try harder looking for artists that match your distinctive soft sweet vocal. If you do stay, I'm hoping for a lot better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just realized that Arran is hosting his game but no he hasn't sent in his comments and votes, he'll need to do that as soon as he can.

We start with a turnaround for Abi, is she now heading in the right direction?

Next is the first of the 2012 class and she doesn't want things to be hollow, it's Nicola Marie!
    http://youtu.be/DrBrkgPa5yQ
    Note: This was one of the nominees to represent Sweden this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nicola, I have very mixed feelings about this performance. On one side I think it suited your sort of cabaret/jazzy side but then I thought the chorus and slightly American parts ruined everything. It sounded more like it was made for a girl group and I know this because I was actually saving this for when this theme came up when I had a girl group. I don't know if it'l get you through but good luck!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing ovation*
    Nicola that was absolutely stunning. It matched your deep vocal and the artist really sounded like you. On The X Factor, you were seen as a bit of a novelty act but I'm hoping I get the opportunity to prove you're much more than that on this show. Well done Nicola!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed comments there for Nicola, so only time will tell if she'll be safe.

Up next is the first of the 2009 class and get ready for a mash-up of two songs from Harmony Hood!
    Mas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_IUMxT9eEE (0:00 - 1:04)
    Running: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzfRDZmuFUI (1:51 - end)
    Notes: The first song was one of the nominess to represent Spain this year. Imagine some harmonizes between both genders in both songs but Mas will be dominated by the girls and Running will be dominated by the boys.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Standing Ovation*

This theme wasn't good for you at all guys as there were no songs with female and male RnB singers. However, we completely turned it around in a good way and made an absolutely incredible mashup. Everything just fitted so well. Both songs mentioned running which made them both really gel together. It definitely wasn't your best but how could it be with this theme? So proud of you and I really hope the public vote!!!
  • Options
    Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi
    Last week was DISASTROUS. This week: much better. Maybe too strong but a great performance.

Nicola
    I didn't like that, it wasn't as strong as previous performances if I'm honest but not atrocious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can a song by a female artist suit a group more than a female? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing Ovation*
    Guys - Pingu took a risk and it payed off. I LOVED it! So creatie and suited to you perfectly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    How can a song by a female artist suit a group more than a female? :confused:

Because it had those girly girlgroup vocals at parts and more harmonizes in the chorus. Most groups pick songs by solo artists.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first when I saw ye were doing two songs, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but as soon as I listened to both I loved it! It was different and cool and I think both songs suited ye really well and worked brilliantly together. Each week ye are extremely consistent and in my opinion are one of the early front runners! Well done guys!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a performance there with huge praise all round, but your votes will be needed in order to guarantee their safety.

Now for the 2007 class and with a cover of Austria's entry from this year, it's Andy Williams!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZCA2KJygTc
    Note: please excuse the predictability and focus on vocals
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to say this but I found this really disappointing. It was really predictable picking a song that won the competition a week ago and I don't think it suited you. I know you've done well the first two weeks but I think your mentor could have tried finding a song that worked better for you. I think you could be in trouble after that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andy, you know I have been your biggest fan in this competition.....but I really didn't like this. Firstly, it was extremely predictable using the very recent winner of Eurovision, and secondly, it just felt completely karaoke. I think that there are some great songs for you to choose from but this wasn't great. For the first time, I am worried for you Andy. Good luck in the vote!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a huge drop of praise for Andy, could he suddenly be in trouble tonight?

Back to the 2009 class and with Ireland's entry from this year, it's Stacey McClean!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo8P-5w5fA0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was great, Andy, your tones are really similar. Whilst I pilsner get your electronic vibe - I thought it'd be easier than it was - but I am really confident with this choice! I need the public to vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Standing Ovation*

Stacey, that was absolutely outstanding. Everything about it just suited you to a tea. the vocals, the style, the look. Just everything. It really was beautiful and it let you show off a more upbeat side to you. I really am proud and am pretty speechless right now. For me, that was by far the best performance of the night and everyone has to live up to your standard. Please vote this beauty through!!
  • Options
    Ryan11Ryan11 Posts: 4,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, here now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was good Stacey - you're a force to be reckoned with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being Irish, I didn't think this was the most creative choice as I've heard it so much the last few months. I do really like the song and I think it does suit you well but still think this was a bit of a dis improvement considering the standard of performances you have given in the last two weeks. It was still good just not spectacular.