Which shows would it actually be worth bringing back

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Some comebacks work some don,t

But which shows do you think it would actually be worth bringing back providing they do it right

I think Whose Line is It Anyway might be worth a shot at bringing back in the UK as long as it,s done with a few nods and winks to the original era while trying to modernise it

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    They did. It was called Fast and Loose.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maid marien and her merry men
  • Z StardustZ Stardust Posts: 430
    Forum Member
    Kick Start!
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Catweazle.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    classic Dr Who.
  • greygrey Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    They think it's all over
    The vicar of dibley
    Murder in Suburbia
    Scott and Bailey

So many more are so much better than the stuff that's being shown at poresent
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Showstoppers.... Anyone?
  • Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Metal Mickey really does deserve a reboot.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bootsie and snudge.

There won't be many remember that one.
    Not not never not no how.

They were two characters from The Army Game
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought the reality show Survivor should be given another shot, especially in these times where almost everyone watches some form of reality TV show or another. The two series that aired were great fun, and pulled in, if I remember correctly, at least 5 million viewers. Unfortunately ITV thought this wasn't enough and axed it. It's still going strong in the USA, and I genuinely think given another chance it could shine.

More info about the show on Wikipedia, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(UK_TV_series)
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosaliee wrote: »
    I always thought the reality show Survivor should be given another shot, especially in these times where almost everyone watches some form of reality TV show or another. The two series that aired were great fun, and pulled in, if I remember correctly, at least 5 million viewers. Unfortunately ITV thought this wasn't enough and axed it. It's still going strong in the USA, and I genuinely think given another chance it could shine.

More info about the show on Wikipedia, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(UK_TV_series)

I suspect its more to do with the fact that itv replaced it with 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here', a format that they own, a similar thing happened with Pop Idol and X Factor.
  • REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Department S with a male and female Interpol detectives and Jonathan Creek as the outsider who assists.
  • James_MonnellyJames_Monnelly Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    knightmare
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodnight, Sweetheart.
    Upstairs Downstairs.
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Goodnight, Sweetheart.
    Upstairs Downstairs.

Upstairs Downstairs was brought back but cancelled again.

Now Goodnight Sweetheart. I would have a present day character going back in time to 1960 which is the year that Gary Sparrow would be in now.

I've worked this out by assuming that the show ended in 1999 and Gary was trapped in 1945. Forward 15 years and he's in 1960.

The plot could revolve around Gary learning about the 21st Century world events like 9/11 and the 2012 London Games. He could be placed in a dilemma as to whether or not to start his time travelling shenanigans again.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Break for BBC One Saturday nights with original format then a discussion show afterwards on BBC Two or BBC Three.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    Upstairs Downstairs was brought back but cancelled again.

Now Goodnight Sweetheart. I would have a present day character going back in time to 1960 which is the year that Gary Sparrow would be in now.

I've worked this out by assuming that the show ended in 1999 and Gary was trapped in 1945. Forward 15 years and he's in 1960.

The plot could revolve around Gary learning about the 21st Century world events like 9/11 and the 2012 London Games. He could be placed in a dilemma as to whether or not to start his time travelling shenanigans again.

I know; sorry, I meant the sequel should be brought back. It ended just at the outbreak of WWII and the second series was brilliant (although still not a patch on the 70s original series, which could only be brought back as a remake, which I don't advocate).

I'd love to see GS brought back, but I'd worry the charm of the 40s would obviously be missing with a 1960 setting. I'd just like to see how Gary coped being trapped in the past (when some of "his" songs started being released :D) - and how Yvonne and Ron moved on in the present.
  • shadforthshadforth Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afterlife with Lesley Sharp
    Pipkins!
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see Treasure Hunt brought back but I haven't thought about who could jump out of the helicopter like Anneka Rice used to do!
    Forum Member
    Bootsie and snudge.

There won't be many remember that one.
    Not not never not no how.

They were two characters from The Army Game

Yes I remember Bootsie
    Alfie Bass wasn't he
    He was called "excuse boots" at first. Something wrong with his feet
    Forum Member
    I would love to see Treasure Hunt brought back but I haven't thought about who could jump out of the helicopter like Anneka Rice used to do!

What a good idea!
    Anneka would take some beating. The girl (can't remember her name) who followed her was ok but nowhere near as good
    Perhaps one of the athletes from 2012 olympics could do the job
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grey wrote: »
    What a good idea!
    Anneka would take some beating. The girl (can't remember her name) who followed her was ok but nowhere near as good
    Perhaps one of the athletes from 2012 olympics could do the job

Annabel Croft (ex tennis player) was the skyrunner for the final year on channel 4, and Suzi Perry in the BBC revival.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grey wrote: »
    Yes I remember Bootsie
    Alfie Bass wasn't he
    He was called "excuse boots" at first. Something wrong with his feet

I don't really remember it much. I was quite young.

Bernard Bresslaw was in it, and Johnny Briggs (Mike Baldwin)

Alfie Bass was also the guy in hospital with Michael Caine in Alfie
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    classic Dr Who.

In the sense of repeats?
  • Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knight Rider, but actually done properly, where its one man and one car concept..