Options

Is this Zainab/Yusef storyline making Anyone else..

SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
Forum Member
✭✭✭
..Just want to bash their heads against walls in utter frustration? Seriously, I know this is soapland, but who wants to marry someone after they find out they've tried to kill them? Really?

REALLY, Kirkwood?

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes are we really meant to believe zainab of all people will juts forgive someone who admitted burning her alive just because she wants to move on. cant wait till its over and i hope massod doesnt go back with zainab did you see when denise ask what was wrong when she locked herself in the store room she blame massood
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    yes are we really meant to believe zainab of all people will juts forgive someone who admitted burning her alive just because she wants to move on. cant wait till its over and i hope massod doesnt go back with zainab did you see when denise ask what was wrong when she locked herself in the store room she blame massood

Probably because it was the easiest excuse rather than tell the truth to Denise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because it was the easiest excuse rather than tell the truth to Denise.

true cause she knows Denise will tell massood
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    true cause she knows Denise will tell massood

just thinking about it, its annoying they've got the Denise Masood connection because if anyone would understand what Zainab went through it's Denise (not from the religious shame point of view but certainly from the murderous spouse point of veiw)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smiirky wrote: »
    ..Just want to bash their heads against walls in utter frustration? Seriously, I know this is soapland, but who wants to marry someone after they find out they've tried to kill them? Really?

REALLY, Kirkwood?

:rolleyes:

It's SO annoying! I thought it was all going to blow up in Yusef's face when they all found out about his lies with the DNA results, but no. They've all conveniently forgotten about that. Grrrr!
  • Options
    muslimandproudmuslimandproud Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly, its beyond stupid
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I thought the idea was that Yusef has manipulated and abused her so much she will just accept it, her had just ground her down so much she has no confidence anymore.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..Just want to bash their heads against walls in utter frustration? Seriously, I know this is soapland, but who wants to marry someone after they find out they've tried to kill them?

Have you forgotten Max and Tanya?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it just seems weird that she is soo nice to yusef forgiving him over the DNA test and fire but when it comes to massod she just shouts at him (like when she found out about him and jane) which i thought was hypocritical she has been living with yusef/ running away to paksitan with him before the divorce papers came through
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    it just seems weird that she is soo nice to yusef forgiving him over the DNA test and fire but when it comes to massod she just shouts at him (like when she found out about him and jane) which i thought was hypocritical she has been living with yusef/ running away to paksitan with him before the divorce papers came through

I think she shouts at Masood because she's angry but she darn't shout at Yusef. There are hints of the old Zainab there but she's too scared to stand up to Yusuf
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Masood hasn't been mentally abusing her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Have you forgotten Max and Tanya?:confused:

At least they gave Max/Tanya a bit of a break, This was the reveal AND marriage in the same EPISODE! It's incredible. Incredibly stupid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    just thinking about it, its annoying they've got the Denise Masood connection because if anyone would understand what Zainab went through it's Denise (not from the religious shame point of view but certainly from the murderous spouse point of veiw)

Exactly what I was thinking when watching that scene, but maybe she was just afraid that Denise would be a bit smug that things had gone wrong with Yusef? After all Zainab didn't approve of their relationship and she does appear to be incredibly averse to any gossip or controversy pointed at her.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, no.

You think this storyline is plausible? Seriously? Is that you, Brian?
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    You think this storyline is plausible? Seriously? Is that you, Brian?

You'll never convince some of these posters anything other than this show is perfect in every way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    You'll never convince some of these posters anything other than this show is perfect in every way.

How true. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was 16 I went to see a trial. It was a case of the son who had tried to kill his mother with the help of his girlfriend.
    The girlfriend was completely under the control of her violent boyfriend. One of the schrink who assessed her explained that her boyfriend had branded her with a hot iron. Even the judge was :eek: and asked 'like livestock?'.

Everyday women forgive violent abusive partners who beat them and/or their kids, rape them and/or their kids. Sometimes they are even killed by their partner. It's difficult to understand why they don't leave these dangerous and abusive men but that's the reality.

I don't think Zainab staying with Yusef is completely unrealistic however how he managed to get control of her when she had a husband and family is a completely far-fetched.
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the storyline is just plain stupid cant wait for him to go
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the point of the storyline now is that Zainab is put in a difficult situation where she wanted her husband but her husband decided to divorce her, thinking it was for the best. So she is now trying to get comfort somewhere else, there is Yusef saying the right things most of the time. When he doesn't, she tries to get help from Masood since they were there for each other for so long and love/d each other. She initally remembers that Masood basically rejected her via divorce and now frolicking with Jane so her brain basically thinks, better to stay put if you want someone to rely on just like how Masood has Jane.

Even though logically you wouldn't stay and get abused just for the overall security but your brain can make you see things weirdly especially when someone like Yusef is dripping poison in like an evil leaking faucet.
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Yusef is getting a bit hammy now. he's even making tea in a evil way. Still, better than the film-noir machinations of janine and Michael.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yusef is getting a bit hammy now. he's even making tea in a evil way. Still, better than the film-noir machinations of janine and Michael.

How true! I can't stand Michael. Or any of the Moons, actually.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    I thought the idea was that Yusef has manipulated and abused her so much she will just accept it, her had just ground her down so much she has no confidence anymore.

This. She is a broken woman these days, not herself at all. I'm sure she will eventually come to her senses.
  • Options
    WiganUser1WiganUser1 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Supercell wrote: »

I agree with that. Yusef's a very clever character the way he can play and manipulate people. Plus with Tam being with Afia Zainab probs wanted to 'believe' he wouldn't have tried to kill her which broke down the initial barrier!

She seems like a broken woman, lacking confidence (as supercell said), and seems almost scared to be alone. If she did actually love Yusef like she says/think shes does then she wouldnt have broken down in the way she did when her divorce to Mas came through.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to him going up in smoke on Xmas day like all good panto villains lol