Options

TED - it looks cut from advert!

cudzndripscudzndrips Posts: 384
Forum Member
Just seen an ad for Ted on tv and in the interview scene Ted says: I'll tell ya what I got, I got ur wifes panties on my floor! This better not be in the cinema version!:mad:

Comments

• Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cudzndrips wrote: »
    This better not be in the cinema version!:mad:

Why :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote: »
    Why :confused:

coz he's supposed to say:

I'll tell ya wot I got, I got your wifes pussy on my breath!
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cudzndrips wrote: »
    coz he's supposed to say:

I'll tell ya wot I got, I got your wifes pussy on my breath!

Yeah like that's going to feature in an advert on TV. I think you can safely assume the film won't be re-dubbed.
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    The panties one is funnier IMO.
  • Options
    Rata1Rata1 Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    I could be wrong but I think the Op has missed the point of that clip. From what I got he is pissed that that the guy's wife's panties are on his floor. I doubt he would be complaining if he had just intentionally been drinking from the furry cup whosever it was. But as I said I'm fairly new to movies so please correct me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope u are right in that it's just a tv dub just like the Die Hard Yippi ki a kimba sarmbi. After Ted says this line the interviewer says " no-ones ever talked to me like that" and then Ted says "that's coz they're busy with their mouths around yer wifes box" - so funny.

If there's any inclin of a dub I will be walking out of the cinema!
  • Options
    Rata1Rata1 Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    Explains it. I heard it on the radio..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    They leave the original in the cinema version. I don't know about the rest as I walked out after half an hour. The film was awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The theatrical trailer received an 18 (presumably due to several uses of the f word and drug use), the film itself is only a 15. A slightly cut version (4 second reduction) achieved a 15, I assume that removed the scene in which Ted calls John a mother....

Perhaps Universal wanted a more adult trailer that they could use, but wouldn't achieve an 18 (and wasn't too offensive for broadcast)...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Papoo wrote: »
    They leave the original in the cinema version. I don't know about the rest as I walked out after half an hour. The film was awful.

it's a seth mcfarlane film for god's sake. why go see a film you know you won't like!

or you could be lying, which i suspect, because the film is getting unilateral praise in every review i have read.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wiseguy100 wrote: »
    it's a seth mcfarlane film for god's sake. why go see a film you know you won't like!

or you could be lying, which i suspect, because the film is getting unilateral praise in every review i have read.

Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes suggest mixed reviews leaning slightly towards positive. It's in the kind of same numbers (Metascore and RT% wise) as Pineapple Express and Hot Tub Time Machine, slightly higher than Paul, so I expect to thoroughly enjoy it.
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did I miss something here, how do you know that person wasn't going to like the film before seeing the film?

I am not sure about this film and might leave it 'til Sky get it but if there is nothing on Cinema for the next couple of weeks I might give it a go.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Papoo never said anything about knowing before hand that they wouldn't like it.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Just got back from seeing it at the O2...sorry "North Greenwich Arena" :rolleyes:

Two soldiers, in uniform, behind me in the cinema laughed their army caps off throughout. Surprisingly good movie with decent performances from Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis. Very funny, acceptable storyline and excellent graphics - virtually impossible to work out if you're watching CGI or an animated soft toy.
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Did I miss something here, how do you know that person wasn't going to like the film before seeing the film?

I am not sure about this film and might leave it 'til Sky get it but if there is nothing on Cinema for the next couple of weeks I might give it a go.

If you do then don't watch it with your Mum or Nan :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think it was very funny at all. Nowhere near as good as I'd hoped. There wasn't a lot of laughter in the rest of the cinema either.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    I really liked it. Laughed a fair bit. I absolutely loved the Airplane joke, big fan of that film!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    heiker wrote: »
    If you do then don't watch it with your Mum or Nan :D

Went to see Ted yesterday, with my 70 yr old mother. We both loved it and laughed our guts out. One of the standouts for me was Patrick Stewarts narration - classic!

And when I got home I only did one thing:

I WATCHED FLASH GORDON!:D
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The theatrical trailer received an 18 (presumably due to several uses of the f word and drug use), the film itself is only a 15. A slightly cut version (4 second reduction) achieved a 15, I assume that removed the scene in which Ted calls John a mother....

Perhaps Universal wanted a more adult trailer that they could use, but wouldn't achieve an 18 (and wasn't too offensive for broadcast)...

The online and video trailers are rated 18. The 4 seconds shorter trailer is for theatrical use only. The film itself is uncut at 15.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    The online and video trailers are rated 18. The 4 seconds shorter trailer is for theatrical use only. The film itself is uncut at 15.

I knew the film was a 15, but how'd it get an 18 trailer, given no offensive new material is present?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I knew the film was a 15, but how'd it get an 18 trailer, given no offensive new material is present?

If the trailer featured a quick-fire tirade of sex references/strong language in a short 2 minute sequence then the frequency of this "offending content" will have gained it a higher certificate. In the actual film these moments will have been spread out and therefore deemed less offensive (to the BBFC...). I can remember the same thing happening with the Tenacious D movie where the trailer was rated 18 but the film was an uncut 15.
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a huge fan of Family Guy myself or Mcfarlane's other shows, but Ted was decent enough. Lots of crude / puerile humour abound, so not one for the kiddies despite the lure of watching a walking, talking teddy bear.

Mark Wahlberg is always a hard watch for me (sends me to sleep with his mono-syllabic delivery) but guess he suited this slacker role (how he could have bagged the gorgeous Klunis is beyond me..). Flash Gordon fans are in for a treat and indeed, use of soundtrack, appearances by the man himself and re-done snippets of the 80s classic were some of the highlights.

There's lots of typical Family Guy scatterg-shot gags, some amusing, some only hitting the target if you're from the USA and can understand the references. Pretty much every faith / creed also gets insulted along the way, with 911 'gags' featuring fairly often. By far the stand-out piece, which had the audience in stitches was the fight sequence; it's physical, violent and hilarious. The rom-com aspects are standard fare and Klunis can do this stuff in her sleep. There's some added (supposed) peril with the the obsessive Giovanni Ribisi character, but I'd have happily seen this stuff excised and spent a bit more time on Ted's formative years and acceptance (of a LIVE teddy bear!) by the world. But hey, it's a fantasy tale I guess.

Overall, if you're a Family Guy fan, this is a must see. For others, the low-brow humour and body fluid gags are old hat and tried my patience at least... but it should keep the giggly teens amused for a bit. Ted is just really another buddy-comedy and the wise-cracking stoner could just have easily been played by someone like Jonah Hill or Seth Rogen.

My rating - 6/10. Oh, and the Fx for Ted are flawless.
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hugely disappointed in this, it was so average i thought. all the pop culture 'jokes' katy perry / sinead o'connor were lame in the extreme, and once you get over the fact it's a teddy bear being so gross (roughly 2 mins into the film) it stops being funny. packed cinema last night and very few people laughing.
  • Options
    MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some genuine laugh out loud moments........some genuine rolling of the eyes flat moments. Enjoyed the pop-culture stuff, Flash Gordon was awesome. A few US gags that were lost on the audience. The Ted-napping subplot felt unnecessary and rushed.
    There are definitely some lines I'll be using.
    Mark Wahlberg was very likeable, as was Mila Kunis - a good pairing.
    And in contradiction to the above post the packed audience never stopped laughing!!!!