Don't just boycott Cris Brown, boycott Rhianna too

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really hard to understand how brainwashed she is after only being with this guy reportedly for a year....think about it. I have seen domestic violence victims who have been with their batterer for 5 years or 10 years and have kids with them...but she is really weak minded to be so sucked in after a year....not to mention....she has a huge career....has enough money to live on the rest of her life and never work again and she's only 21 and has security and lots of men undoubtedly will chase her....something is just wrong here....something even beyond her being a domestic abuse victim...she's forgiving him too easily and letting him back in and she is jeopardizing endorsements like Covergirl....
  • StrawberryheartStrawberryheart Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be buying Rihanna's next album and I am boycotting her music, I have got to the point where I am sick of her :mad:, I never felt sorry for her to begin with, although no woman deserves to get hit by a man, she has moved on, so why can't we?? :yawn:

It's her life, her business.
    If her heart wants Chris Brown, good luck to her, it's her choice.
    I wouldn't personally take a man back if he hit me but everyone is different, some people forgive and are able to move on, nothing wrong with that, just depends on the situation
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    I hope this scumbag goes to jail for what he did to Rihanna :(
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know anything at all about Rhianna but maybe she comes from a background where this kind of thing was normal?:confused:

She is showing the classic behaviour of a battered woman, getting back with him after he no doubt begged for forgiveness, promising it will never happen again, is 'wooing' her and like many before her, she believes him. They're currently in the lovebird/honeymoon phase. Until it happens again, which is almost guaranteed.

Of course it could also be that they have a very volatile Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne kind of relationship where whacking each other is the norm and it just got a bit out of hand this time:confused: Note: Sharon and Ozzy no longer knock seven bells out of each other since she gave up drink and him the drugs!

Either way something has to give as someone, probably Rhianna being the woman, will suffer badly. Or she could snap and do him serious damage.

Whether Rhianna likes it or not she is a role model for young girls/women and IMO has a duty towards them. The right thing to do would have been to dump him from a great height and set and example to others who are being abused by their partner. They take the fame/adoration/financial benefits which go with superstardom but don't seem to like the part which says they should be setting an example to their vulnerable fans. Her actions have condoned an act of violence, she's basically saying it's OK to be knocked about by your partner. It's no wonder people are getting angry and starting threads talking about boycotting him AND her.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't boycott them because that would presume that I normally buy their records in the first place.
    Some of us haven't bought a record by either of them in our lives and don't need a boycott to prevent us from doing so.
    You don't need to boycott them, you just need to exercise good taste and the issue of not buying their records takes care of itself.
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SWW (SWW) wrote: »
    Not too mention that we have no idea what type of pressure the record companies and agents have been putting on them to sweep all this under the carpet.. because of the bad PR and what it could do to Chris' career...

That is what I have been thinking as the record companies would lose out a lot if Chris Brown's career ended.

I really don't like that style of music and to be honest I hate a lot of the video's and how they treat women.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read this report....if it is true....this girl doesn't need to be boycotted...she needs to be locked up for some serious mental health help...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/05/rihanna-chris-beatings-kept-getting-worse/
  • Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Of course, the fact that shes got back with him...

"He only hits me cause he loves me..." blargh... Shes a stupid little girl, and a bad role model.

Good lord:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should we boycott her?? Its her life - her decision..not yours. Ok he beat her up and it was terrible but you dont know all the background info.
  • PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a ********!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what average DV victims do everyday. Are they idoits too or is that place only resevsred for Rihanna?
    Peope always forgert the pschcological effects of DV.
    She's a grown woman may I add 21. Again you do not the pschcological effects of DV, so judge her regrading this choice. She obviously has very little self esstem, and confidence. Also, celebrties aren't role models so stop looking to them as role models.
    SWW (SWW) wrote: »
    Nope.. she's a victim of physical abuse and behaving like many people have in a similar position.

Not too mention that we have no idea what type of pressure the record companies and agents have been putting on them to sweep all this under the carpet.. because of the bad PR and what it could do to Chris' career...

I find it hard to understand people verbally attacking her because she is in a destructivbe relationship and not able to get out of it at present!

Well said.

Never underestimate DV :(
    Forum Member
    Mojorisin' wrote: »
    Read this report....if it is true....this girl doesn't need to be boycotted...she needs to be locked up for some serious mental health help...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/05/rihanna-chris-beatings-kept-getting-worse/

Why does she need to be locked up????

Rihanna is the VICTIM in this.

Battered women who stay with an abusive man are not mentally deranged or something, they are brainwashed and mentally beaten down so they feel like they have no other choice but to stay.

And i'll tell you this, when i managed to get out of my abusive relationship, i felt the world lift off my shoulders, i no longer felt anger, guilt, upset, it was like i was floating about because the change within myself was just incredible.

It's not Rihanna's mental state that is the problem, it is her relationship with this thug. And once she manages to break free, she will feel so much better than she had before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    Why does she need to be locked up????

Rihanna is the VICTIM in this.

Battered women who stay with an abusive man are not mentally deranged or something, they are brainwashed and mentally beaten down so they feel like they have no other choice but to stay.

And i'll tell you this, when i managed to get out of my abusive relationship, i felt the world lift off my shoulders, i no longer felt anger, guilt, upset, it was like i was floating about because the change within myself was just incredible.

It's not Rihanna's mental state that is the problem, it is her relationship with this thug. And once she manages to break free, she will feel so much better than she had before.

OMG! I'm so sorry you were in an absuive relationship!:cry::(
    Forum Member
    OMG! I'm so sorry you were in an absuive relationship!:cry::(

its ok, i was only 15 at the time and when you're that age, you don't realise what is normal and what isnt.

But you know, most people ive spoken to who have been through it all say the same thing : I am so much stronger now than ever before :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That won't be hard for me to do, never liked any of them anyway. Only good song she has is the one with TI and I don't really pay any attention to Chris Brown's music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I have no sympathy for a woman who is willing to stay in a relationship when she has all the time and money in the world to be able to get out of it.

Sure, if theres kids (there aren't), money problems (there aren't), and household issues (there aren't) then I understand it... but if shes willing to go back to a violent thug, then people should make a stand and say "No Rhianna it isn't OK that you want to be back with him, and if we have to boycott your music to prove that point, we should..."

I wholeheartedly agree with this post!

She's a massive role model to a LOT of young girls out there and what the hell is she doing condoning domestic violence.

She's completely sending out the wrong message. Maybe she should record "Stand by your Man" as her next single...

:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kissimmee wrote: »

She's a massive role model to a LOT of young girls out there and what the hell is she doing condoning domestic violence.

She's completely sending out the wrong message. Maybe she should record "Stand by your Man" as her next single...

Dearest sympathy for JG, and she was racist:rolleyes: yet, I hate RiRi. Maybe you are he OP should research on DV.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why does she have to be a role model to young girls? Those girls parents should be their role models, not Rhianna or any other celebrity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    its ok, i was only 15 at the time and when you're that age, you don't realise what is normal and what isnt.

But you know, most people ive spoken to who have been through it all say the same thing : I am so much stronger now than ever before :)

:)Good for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Oh right, so you don't suppose a lot of young, impressionable girls don't aspire to be singers, actors or even good old reality celebs???

Get real! I work in a college full of girls 16+ and you can bet your life they look up to Rihanna!

If she's willing to go back to somebody who has beaten her up, what sort of message does that send out???

Re the following from Princessperfect...

Maybe you are he OP should research on DV ???????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, so you don't suppose a lot of young, impressionable girls don't aspire to be singers, actors or even good old reality celebs???

Get real! I work in a college full of girls 16+ and you can bet your life they look up to Rihanna!

If she's willing to go back to somebody who has beaten her up, what sort of message does that send out???

Re the following from Princessperfect...

Maybe you are he OP should research on DV ???????

Yes, but popstars aren't supposed to be role models. If the girls you work with, chose to follow Rihanna and not use there brains then I question them.
  • spankyplugsspankyplugs Posts: 14,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Real life isn't as simple as people make it out to be?

People should make their own decisions based on their own circumstances?

Someone should do whatever they feel is best?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/article2296440.ece
    CHRIS BROWN will appear in an LA courtroom today over allegations he attacked pop star girlfriend RIHANNA.

The RnB star is in court even though prosecutors have yet to file charges against him.

Brown is free on a £35,000 bail but as part of the conditions of his release, he has to return to court.

According to reports, the District Attorney has declined to comment whether or not Brown will be charged.

The Sun reported yesterday that Rihanna was unlikely to press charges against Brown, having resolved her differences with the singer during a break in Miami.

According to US website TMZ, Brown's attorney, MARK GERAGOS, is negotiating a possible plea deal with the DA in the hope to keep his client out of jail.

Meanwhile, a US magazine is reporting the couple got married in Miami.

I hope they didnt get married, for Rihanna's sake!:eek: