Your 20s

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm 22 (23 next month) and I probably seem like an immature git but I'm happy being that way. I don't want to become boring and serious. I'm still at university so I guess that helps :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I will feel like a 'proper adult' until I have a career, rather than just something to pay the rent. And until I own my own home. One can dream I suppose :rolleyes:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I turn 21 on Wednesday.

It feels weird- I had pretty fun teenage years, and they've just continued into my 20's!

I look at other people my age and they seem so much older and mature. I couldn't look after a plant let alone a baby at my age.
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    What doesn't help me is looking like a member of one direction at the age of 25

Still I guess I'll be greateful for the young baby faced looks later in life
    Forum Member
    I turn 21 on Wednesday.

It feels weird- I had pretty fun teenage years, and they've just continued into my 20's!

I look at other people my age and they seem so much older and mature. I couldn't look after a plant let alone a baby at my age.

I've got two sides, I have my mature working and keeping a home going side then my young single And carefree side
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mintbro wrote: »
    What doesn't help me is looking like a member of one direction at the age of 25

Still I guess I'll be greateful for the young baby faced looks later in life

Yes you definitely will. :D
  • darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I'm 19, and with all this ahead of me I don't really know. As kids we're all in such a hurry to grow up but even now I'm older there's still a part of me that just wants to be taken seriously. The amount I get patronised and treated like a kid is ridiculous!
    Forum Member
    darakinss wrote: »
    As I'm 19, and with all this ahead of me I don't really know. As kids we're all in such a hurry to grow up but even now I'm older there's still a part of me that just wants to be taken seriously. The amount I get patronised and treated like a kid is ridiculous!

The thing is those in their 20s look a lot younger then they did say 20 years ago.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being 15 literally feels like 2 months ago even though it was 5 years ago!. I'm 20 I need a job, I need to settle down, I need to think about moving out. But I still feel like a kid?? Bahhhh.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    The thing is those in their 20s look a lot younger then they did say 20 years ago.

How does a 20 year old look younger than they did when they were baby ;)
    Forum Member
    How does a 20 year old look younger than they did when they were baby ;)

I meant those that were in their 20s in the past
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My mum is 59 and today I heard Nan tell her to "make sure you put a coat on, it's cold outside"... In the case of parents, you will always be a kid but I think that whilst your body ages, you don't mentally, you just learn stuff along the way. My sister is 44 and goes out clubbing at raves or trance parties until 6am... I 'm 28 and that kind of activity would kill me! lol.
    My mum still feels like a kid at times and whilst I am still young, I can still on many occasions feel like a teen again. I don't think that ever changes... I mean, I actually went to the Lego shop yesterday with my boyfriend and we bout the R2D2 model and spent 5 hours building it like big kids before having friends over for alcohol and board games. lol
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep definitely feel like this. I do hear from friends in their 30s/40s it doesn't go aware though.

Heck, even my parents say they feel like they are in their 20s sometimes (They're nearly 60).

Friends are starting to get married/buy houses/have second and third children and I'm thinking "Woah, that's so young!" Then I realise that at 23/24 it's not, really.

Luckily I am going to university for the first time in September so get to put off maturity and full responsibility for at least another 3 years ;)
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing is anybody who turns 19 to 20 soon feels old. In your 20's you feel old but maybe when you look back when you are older it feels young.

Also 20's is about finding your way in life and not everybody does it at the same pace.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 20. And I feel no different to when I was 17 really, just a bit more mature, but I reckon when I hit 25, I can stop being such a child.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I'm 20. And I feel no different to when I was 17 really, just a bit more mature, but I reckon when I hit 25, I can stop being such a child.

I'm 25 now, thats not how it works trust me ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in my late twenties and I don't particularly feel young. There has been a lot going on in my life over the last ten years (mental illness, travelling, death of several people very close to me) that I suppose made me mature fairly fast. I still have fun, can relax, have a joke, etc - but I haven't felt like a teenager for a long time.

However, I look young and still get ID'd regularly. People seem to think I'm around 20-21. I don't really mind, I just hope I keep looking young as I grow older :D

It does, however, mean that people talk to me as if I am younger than I am. They talk to me as if I am lacking in life experience and have just walked out of school. Don't get me wrong, I know I AM young and DO lack life experience compared to those older than me. But sometimes people talk to me as if I'm an irresponsible eighteen year old - which I am not. Then if they find out my age later on, they are usually pretty surprised. Tbh, I don't really mind. It can be amusing when they find out a bit more about me.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    I'm 25 now, thats not how it works trust me ;)

Fair enough ;)
    I mean, I would like to think I have a full time job and would have graduated from uni. Well, I should graduate next year anyway... I hope.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    20s are hard. Thirties are brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wombat18 wrote: »
    I'm in my late twenties and I don't particularly feel young. There has been a lot going on in my life over the last ten years (mental illness, travelling, death of several people very close to me) that I suppose made me mature fairly fast. I still have fun, can relax, have a joke, etc - but I haven't felt like a teenager for a long time.

However, I look young and still get ID'd regularly. People seem to think I'm around 20-21. I don't really mind, I just hope I keep looking young as I grow older :D

It does, however, mean that people talk to me as if I am younger than I am. They talk to me as if I am lacking in life experience and have just walked out of school. Don't get me wrong, I know I AM young and DO lack life experience compared to those older than me. But sometimes people talk to me as if I'm an irresponsible eighteen year old - which I am not. Then if they find out my age later on, they are usually pretty surprised. Tbh, I don't really mind. It can be amusing when they find out a bit more about me.

The funny thing is that to most people over thirty, the twenties are just one age. The difference between 22 and 29 is negligible.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one to feel like its a weird age group to be in. Sometimes it feels like your grown up but then there's also the times you still feel like a teenager
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Your 30s will be no different! ;)

As i'm just about to enter them in a couple of years i hope they are different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i was in my 20s it was pubs,clubs and women and lads holidays but now at 54 health problems and surgery twice have surfaced ,enjoy your 20s i am glad i did now!
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    Me too I still have that child in me:o...

Oh gee that sounds a bit wrong
  • thapthapthapthap Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I spent most of my 20's on my GF who eventually cleared off when I was 31 :(
    It was doomed I guess as she was a major sex addict and I wasnt really :S

I have been single since and although a bit lonely at times I have had far more fun and had the freedom to be far more silly since then.
    I would recommend being silly a few times a week at least :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But do you not got taken more seriously?

I did.

In my 20s I was more concerned about my image and being cool.

Cometh my 30s and I stopped being ashamed of my interests and geeky hobbies and put a lot of time into them and have since being recognised for my work.

My 20s was a time where I would do anything to fit in, my 30s are "take me for what I am or sod off"