TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crap bands, crap songs. Great television....:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no plans on watching kerry bloody katona I dispise the woman. Guess ill just sit out this episode and wait for the next one.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Crap bands, crap songs. Great television....:D

It could be interesting to see how comparatively well they've worn, or not and how well they conduct themselves, in this "five minutes of fame" after...err.. their previous; "fifteen minutes."
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange that they missed out 'Song for lovers' that was their last song to get any real airplay or sucess...and I thought it was a shocker that marked the beginning of the end for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67iMEizMzHQ

they followed that up with a poor cover of Shalamar's 'night to remember'

Didn't they say they hadn't tried a ballad before :confused:

What about

Holding On For You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ik7R-8TXIQ

It was the only song of theirs I really liked. Got to No 5 in 2002 and was a ballad!
  • Options
    SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved watching 5ive in the episode last week. Great TV! Nice to hear what it was really like, even better now that they're older and wiser so they can be more honest about it. Like others have said wish it could have been a little longer.

I do hope this reunion thing is just a one-off. Totally wouldn't fit in with today's music scene. Plus, Jay was the one who pretty much fuelled the majority/if not all of the testosterone into this lads-band so if he's not in it then...what have we got left to see?!

I liked 5ive as a kid but wasn't a fanatic, definitely enjoyed listening to their music and watching them on kid's TV during the 90s though.

Interesting to hear Sean's story. Everything makes so much sense now, I always thought he was quite odd and rather mysterious, he never looked as excited as the rest of them and I couldn't understand why.

Shame Jay wasn't there to give his side of the story. Seems like we're not even going to hear anything from him in the press seeing as he doesn't want to be a celebrity anymore. Sounds like some sort of mid-life crisis.

I'll be watching the next episode even though I never really liked Atomic Kitten. Used to love 911's 'Bodyshakin' but didn't really care about the band to be honest. Should be a good watch though! :)
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I have no plans on watching kerry bloody katona I dispise the woman. Guess ill just sit out this episode and wait for the next one.

I don't like her either but in the clips they showed, the reaction of the other 2 when they saw looked priceless! Could be a very entertaining programme. :D That said, I'm all about week 3 - bring on the B*witched story!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Five, I remember going to see them at the SECC and they were great to dance to when I was a student! Wasn't a fan of any of the others but I'll still be watching for the gossip. :D
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know why Naima's not in the Honeyz line up??
  • Options
    SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aries_123 wrote: »
    loved the programme, itv need to give Abs his own show...its always funny when a 30yr old talks lyk dey live in da ghetto wen dey dnt

They should have Abz and Bradley from S Club 7 co-hosting a show! Paha! Both try too hard! Lol!
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Didn't they say they hadn't tried a ballad before :confused:

What about
    Holding On For You

yeah i felt quite a bit was left out!..and I loved HOFY. It is a shame we can't get FULL stories - having 2 bands in one hour to go over their FULL career with loads of fillers etc makes it a bit less interesting
    still enjoying it though
  • Options
    MajorkeyMajorkey Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Kymberly wrote: »
    . Does anyone else remember VH1 Bands Reunited from a few years back that was a great show.:D

It was fantastic even if they had one or two false dawns (e.g. Squeeze even though Squeeze toured over the last year albeit without Jools or Gilson).

Apparently the music rights were a bit of a nightmare and prevented them from doing new episodes despite popular demand.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So at what age do you think that people should stop talking like abs?

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watching :D
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Yikes, what the hell happened to Natasha Hamilton? :eek:

I used to fancy her as a yoof :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee's bags :eek:
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing interesting about 911, Five were more enjoable last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    Nothing interesting about 911, Five were more enjoable last week.

I can't even remember 911 :p
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting bored now. Enough 911.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    Didn't realise Atomic Kitten supported 911 on tour, makes sense why they've paired them together for the episode. I always thought Atomic Kitten were famous a lot later than 911.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff so far
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    I can remember them, but I can't remember them be so popular. They didn't even cause an itch of interest for me in those days - be it in looks or music.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they gonna have to reeeeeally drag out AK's first few singles and album, just to give Katona something to talk about for the whole hour.
  • Options
    bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kerry was so fit back then. Shows you what a life on coke does to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    I can remember them, but I can't remember them be so popular. They didn't even cause an itch of interest for me in those days - be it in looks or music.

Nor me, but then I am more of a metal fan :p
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »

You must be well old, not as good as 'Let loose' though.:p:o