The Good Wife - Season 5 - More4 Pace *No Spoilers*

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Interview with Julianna Margulies here. It doesn't really contain anything new but it is about her rather than about Alicia. No clues about will-she-won't-she!

I never knew she lived in England when she was younger.
    She's obviously another Gillian Anderson. Can turn on the English accent just like that! :)
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Diane writing Vampire Diaries fan-fiction :D:D
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved last nights episode, really good pace and and some funny moments (Judge especially). "Mr Sweeney" always adds value and his girlfriend was excellent.

Alicia's flashbacks are becoming a bit tiresome.
  • janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Good to Sweeny again, the exchange between him and Alicia at the end was great. I am only just watching series 1 on box set and so just watched the episode where he gets away with killing his wife.

Loving the new investigator, she is making Cary more likeable for me. Good to see him tip off Alicia re the new judgment - even if I didn't really understand what it was all about. (must pay more attention).
  • highfidelityhighfidelity Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Dylan Baker is having a ball, isn't he! I love his amoral character that the lawyers love to hate but can't say no to his millions. That exchange at the end about killing his soon-to-be-wife was further evidence of the increased tendency of this series to play it for laughs. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Agree about Alicia and her flashbacks. Please let this not continue into the next series ... but good for Laura Hellinger in getting out of a relationship with Will before she gets hurt. I can't help thinking that Will has not been well served by the writers - he's not well-developed enough for me to care about him. And yes, I'm intrigued that Cary (at the moment) seems to have the most integrity of all of them.
    Forum Member
    Dylan Baker is having a ball, isn't he! I love his amoral character that the lawyers love to hate but can't say no to his millions. That exchange at the end about killing his soon-to-be-wife was further evidence of the increased tendency of this series to play it for laughs. Nothing wrong with that of course.

Agree about Alicia and her flashbacks. Please let this not continue into the next series ... but good for Laura Hellinger in getting out of a relationship with Will before she gets hurt. I can't help thinking that Will has not been well served by the writers - he's not well-developed enough for me to care about him. And yes, I'm intrigued that Cary (at the moment) seems to have the most integrity of all of them.

Presumably the ended the Laura-Will thing so they can continue with the endlessly irritating thing with Alicia.
    Oh, well, I'd get through the episode quicker, fast forwarding through that crap, at least!
    Colin Sweeney is a serious psycho! lol
    Not to mention seriously creepy!

Loved Calinda telling Diane that she'd only tell her as much as she wants to know and any moment she can say stop ... when telling her about her own past! lol The look on Diane's face then was brilliant!
    Definitely playing it more for laughs! Even though the conversation turned serious after that!

Good to see Curt back as well.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Diane writing Vampire Diaries fan-fiction :D:D
    That was good....but all the dirt Kalinda found on/around Diane .:eek:...{wedding Bells}:confused:

Great to see Sweeney back and Isobel...{Morena Baccarin:p}
    "Can he have these";)

Liked Cary & Robyn teaming up too.
    Alicia's new office.:cool:

But no Eli this week...:(
  • Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    This week's episode, I had to watch twice, the moment when Morena Baccarin replied with “Anal" when asked “What were you doing there?” because her reply completely distracted me and filled my mind with all sorts of wrong thoughts for the rest of the first viewing.

I'm scared to look ahead for fear of spoilers, but do we see more of Matthew Perry this season?

Peter punching him last week was one of the highlights of this season.
  • hickenhicken Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eagle9a wrote: »

Alicia's flashbacks are becoming a bit tiresome.

They make me laugh. Her memories always seem to be of how lovely she looks in her underwear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes Alicia's dreams are becoming tiresome and so is the Will/Alicia situation. I liked the Carey/Robyn stuff and the boasting lawyer was also quite funny. Loved Sweeney and Isobel and I keep wondering how she manages to play Brody's wife on Homeland when she pulls off a character like Isobel so well. It was a good episode after last weeks filler but I am just still wondering what the finale is going to be?
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always love Dylan Baker's appearances as the amoral millionaire wife killer but loveable Sweeney. Anal indeed. Fed up with Alicia's dream stuff, bang Will soon or I'm going to go mad. Really like Robyn the new investigator, very funny this week!
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alixfowler wrote: »
    Oh yes Alicia's dreams are becoming tiresome and so is the Will/Alicia situation. I liked the Carey/Robyn stuff and the boasting lawyer was also quite funny. Loved Sweeney and Isobel and I keep wondering how she manages to play Brody's wife on Homeland when she pulls off a character like Isobel so well. It was a good episode after last weeks filler but I am just still wondering what the finale is going to be?

It will probably end with the gubertorial race concluding: It's announced that Peter Florrick wins governorship for Illnois just as Will spoils the party and rings Alicia: "Alicia, I love you; I can't be without you and I want to marry you" balh, blah; Alicia stands there with her gob open stunned-like, mobile (or rather cell) phone near her ear 'coz he made her look as good as a lingerie model (see, Peter, that's where you went wrong:sleep:); Kalinda's dead husband's body turns up with Lana sniffing round her again; Cary and Robyn hook up - but Kalinda ruins it 'coz her dead husband's body just won't naff off, dead or alive (That bloody Nick :mad:), and besides it's Kalinda Cray has the hots for (sorry, Robyn:cry: & I like you a lot); and as for Diane, she has to choose between supreme court judge, marrying Kurt and giving/keeping partnership (what fun!:D). Also, Alicia's affair with Will is exposed to the media/press - not so much the 'good' wife after all. Hmmm, if only they had access to Alicia's lingerie fantasies ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    It will probably end with the gubertorial race concluding: It's announced that Peter Florrick wins governorship for Illnois just as Will spoils the party and rings Alicia: "Alicia, I love you; I can't be without you and I want to marry you" balh, blah; Alicia stands there with her gob open stunned-like, mobile (or rather cell) phone near her ear 'coz he made her look as good as a lingerie model (see, Peter, that's where you went wrong:sleep:); Kalinda's dead husband's body turns up with Lana sniffing round her again; Cary and Robyn hook up - but Kalinda ruins it 'coz her dead husband's body just won't naff off, dead or alive (That bloody Nick :mad:), and besides it's Kalinda Cray has the hots for (sorry, Robyn:cry: & I like you a lot); and as for Diane, she has to choose between supreme court judge, marrying Kurt and giving/keeping partnership (what fun!:D). Also, Alicia's affair with Will is exposed to the media/press - not so much the 'good' wife after all. Hmmm, if only they had access to Alicia's lingerie fantasies ...

Actually that sounds pretty close to what might happen, the Diane bit will probably happen and something like that will happen with Will a bit like the end of was it S2 or S3 where Alicia was standing with Peter when he won the election last time? Also yes I totally see Nick turning up again that or Kalinda is arrested for his murder. I think Robyn and Cary would be cute together but I do see some sort of Kalinda realising she loves him etc.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahh

so it WAS morena baccarin!!!

i wasn't sure myself .....
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    ahh

Me too. I thought she was great in V too. She's proved what a good actress she is with roles like this and Homeland.
    Forum Member
    jenzie wrote: »
    ahh

I wasn't sure at first, but she's been on before. I thought it was her younger sister at one point, if she has one.;)
    Forum Member
    alixfowler wrote: »

It's called actors doing different roles. :rolleyes:

it's like saying how does Matthew Perry play someone like Chandler, then play a sleazeball in this show.
    It's called acting!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Not keen on tonights episode.

Guess Diane won't be leaving. Alicia won't join Carey either.
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry NB, have to disagree, I thought it was an absolute cracker in that it set up so many "finale" moments...will Diane go?, will Cary go?, will Alicia move to Springfield, will Will and Alicia get together (OK, I'll give you that one; total yawn)..also highlighted again the insanity of the US legal (and political) system.

Also loved Robyn's chat with Kalinda about reporting lines insinuating that Kalinda was being hypocritical.

I thought the court case was pretty good aswell :)
    Forum Member
    I didn't much care for this episode either. The central court case seemed rather weak - even I know that text messages, emails etc can never be completely deleted and I don't believe that the police would not have found the photo. I did wonder if the twist was going to be that the masked individuals in the courtroom were actually supporting the rapist, by (almost successfully) polluting the evidence so that the case would collapse.Did we ever find out who they actually were, assuming Dylan Stack was telling the truth?

I'm not a supporter of Will, but I wouldn't say he's a 'scoundrel' - he committed a foolish act years before, and as we've seen many times the judges themselves are not above reproach. I wonder if there are more skeletons in his cupboard that we haven't seen yet? Anyway, it looks as if Diane is going to be torn between loyalty to him and her professional aspirations. It would be out of character for her not to be loyal so unless Peter intervenes I guess she's had it. A bit strange though - all the vetting and in the end it was nothing to do with her personally.

I didn't really understand what Kalinda was getting at with Robyn - there have been many times when she herself has been asked to do some investigate work on the quiet. I'm not sure she is principled enough to be criticising Robyn - anyway, she's not entitled to know the details of every phone call Robyn makes. I hope Robyn is here to stay - I like her fresh, uncomplicated approach contrasted with Kalinda's woman of mystery.
    Forum Member
    Eagle9a wrote: »
    Sorry NB, have to disagree, I thought it was an absolute cracker in that it set up so many "finale" moments...will Diane go?, will Cary go?, will Alicia move to Springfield, will Will and Alicia get together (OK, I'll give you that one; total yawn)..also highlighted again the insanity of the US legal (and political) system.

Also loved Robyn's chat with Kalinda about reporting lines insinuating that Kalinda was being hypocritical.

I thought the court case was pretty good aswell :)
    Enjoyed it too.

I like the idea of a new Will & Diane....And Robyn passes her review, with not such a great ringing endorsement from Kalinda.

Liked how the Kids were getting the evidence too.:eek:

Anon
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't much care for this episode either. The central court case seemed rather weak - even I know that text messages, emails etc can never be completely deleted and I don't believe that the police would not have found the photo. I did wonder if the twist was going to be that the masked individuals in the courtroom were actually supporting the rapist, by (almost successfully) polluting the evidence so that the case would collapse.Did we ever find out who they actually were, assuming Dylan Stack was telling the truth?

I'm not a supporter of Will, but I wouldn't say he's a 'scoundrel' - he committed a foolish act years before, and as we've seen many times the judges themselves are not above reproach. I wonder if there are more skeletons in his cupboard that we haven't seen yet? Anyway, it looks as if Diane is going to be torn between loyalty to him and her professional aspirations. It would be out of character for her not to be loyal so unless Peter intervenes I guess she's had it. A bit strange though - all the vetting and in the end it was nothing to do with her personally.

I didn't really understand what Kalinda was getting at with Robyn - there have been many times when she herself has been asked to do some investigate work on the quiet. I'm not sure she is principled enough to be criticising Robyn - anyway, she's not entitled to know the details of every phone call Robyn makes. I hope Robyn is here to stay - I like her fresh, uncomplicated approach contrasted with Kalinda's woman of mystery.

Yes Kalinda telling off Robyn for basically doing her job was slightly bizarre. I'm guessing that either Kalinda or Robyn will be jumping ship with Carey and the 4th years and this was to set up the beginning of some rivalry between them perhaps.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering if Diane will go with Cary now the senior judiciary see Will as toxic and she seems to have her heart set on a judges position.

Interesting article in the DM today (I know sorry) but the writers seem to be touching real life with their stories more and more. Loving this series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337813/Anonymous-hacker-helped-publicize-Steubenville-football-players-social-media-NINE-years-prison-convicted-rapists.html
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I was wondering if Diane will go with Cary now the senior judiciary see Will as toxic and she seems to have her heart set on a judges position.

Interesting article in the DM today (I know sorry) but the writers seem to be touching real life with their stories more and more. Loving this series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337813/Anonymous-hacker-helped-publicize-Steubenville-football-players-social-media-NINE-years-prison-convicted-rapists.html

I noticed that, too (moreso with real life cases as opposed to real life Chicago/US politics, which is flagged heavily in the show).

I knew of that recent case you posted from the Daily Mail. Also Dylan Stack mentioned Adam Swartz, the co-founder of Reddit who committed suicide early this year. A complicated case but he was against a controversial investigation/criminal charges for allegedly hacking into MIT's academic database.
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Interesting idea. I suppose it depends on where Alicia ends up - if she jumps ship then in order to keep the cast together it would make sense if Diane did too. I'd like to see her on the bench.

Interesting episode this week which showed the less attractive side of the legal profession and a difference in attitudes towards unionisation in the US - in the UK I'd be very surprised if the ancillary staff were not already members of a union. Alicia is finding out that management is a poisoned chalice. Disappointed to see her dishing dirt on Kresteva, but if she was going to then she could have pointed out that he used his sick child in his campaign, while she herself has insisted in not allowing Peter's children to be involved. Instead she went after the alcoholism which IFRC was made up by Kresteva at the start of his campaign.

Presumably next week will be the outcome of the gubernatorial (love that word!) campaign, just as the SA was the focus of a previous series (3? 2? They all blend into one after a while).