Options

SCD 2013 - week 4 - 19th October - Show Discussion thread

Comments

• Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He thanked everybody who voted at home for him. That would be nobody. :D:D:D

Great post:D

Sure he has some designer friends, probably rather less now
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisy_M wrote: »
    I wouldn't save her based on difficulty. Pasha should have choreographed it to suit her ability (or lack thereof).

Even though I don't like Julien, I don't think Rachel is any better than him.

She is miles better. I've had MFI wardrobes that danced better than him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of not being irritating with a voice like a foghorn, she is miles better.
    It seems to be alternate at the moment. Bloke-Woman-Bloke.
    Does that mean Fiona and Rachel in the dance off next week ?

lol Definitely!!

Fiona will be doing the Quickstep, which should be good. I guess a lot will depend on the dances.
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueabu wrote: »
    I thought it was Jeanette who is artem's previous/usual partner?

Could be, I was asking cos I had no idea.
  • Options
    WombledonWombledon Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I wonder if that was the reality check Rachel needed to make her work harder.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great post:D

Sure he has some designer friends, probably rather less now

I wonder if this will have a negative effect on his business. His famous friends might distance themselves from him now.
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Ask Len where he got his marking from last night. He gave Patrick a 9 and Nat 8 pathetic Man imo.

Patrick was fun, Natalie is dull. If Patrick is more interesting than you, there's something seriously wrong. Even Rachel Stevens had more personality.

Angela off the voice is an embarrassment, and proof the BBC suck at singing shows. Someone take her out back and bolt her out of her misery.
  • Options
    nymbusangelnymbusangel Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't it Karen with artem? she was his partner last year and the hair looked different to Janettes
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member
    blueabu wrote: »
    I thought it was Jeanette who is artem's previous/usual partner?

She was very good. She didn't wear shoes, kept on the balls of her feet to make it look like she was wearing footwear.

They dance so well together, and is the right height for Artem, unlike Natalie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasn't it Karen with artem? she was his partner last year and the hair looked different to Janettes

Janette is dancing with Artem in the pro dances. I guess Karen is dancing with Kevin.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the problem. I can't tell the difference between Anya & Janette when they are not with their celebs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the problem. I can't tell the difference between Anya & Janette when they are not with their celebs

True. I definitely wouldn't pick them out in a lineup. :D
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Aliona goes they'll probably force an awful red dye job on one of them to help.
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    If Aliona goes they'll probably force an awful red dye job on one of them to help.

:D I always though Iveta looked better as a redhead. It surprised me that she was blonde when the series started.
  • Options
    janetcomelatelyjanetcomelately Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I wonder if this will have a negative effect on his business. His famous friends might distance themselves from him now.

I would imagine being a bit 'out there' is a bonus in his job. He was just the same on Next Top Model when he was a judge - most people thought he was drunk but he is just naturally (overly) exuberant. Either that or he is Sharon Osbourne's separated twin.
  • Options
    kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs F wrote: »
    Janette deserves another year, calming Julien down must have been a difficult task

Yes it's a shame because she seemed lovely, but unfortunately for her she was partnered with someone who was never going to be popular with viewers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine being a bit 'out there' is a bonus in his job. He was just the same on Next Top Model when he was a judge - most people thought he was drunk but he is just naturally (overly) exuberant. Either that or he is Sharon Osbourne's separated twin.

Maybe so but he was cringeworthy on this show.
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL - this has to be a joke right?

Just because Julien wasn't liked by the DS brigade, his very successful fashion business will somehow be damaged?

Hilarious :D:D
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again, well done to both Ola and to Brendan who always publicly say thank you to those that voted for them.:)

I really do prefer Claudia's "please show your support for ...." to Tess's "please give it up for ...".:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL - this has to be a joke right?

Just because Julien wasn't liked by the DS brigade, his very successful fashion business will somehow be damaged?

Hilarious :D:D

He wasn't liked by viewers either hence the reason why he was in the danceoff every week. And he was an embarrassment. Something 'cool' celebs and fashionistas would want to distance themselves from.
  • Options
    sambadansambadan Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I am basing it on dancing then neither Rachel or Julien should have been in the dance off imo.
    I thought Fiona and Mark were much poorer. In Fiona's case too many deficiencies in technique and execution were exposed. In the case of Mark there was pitifully little Cha cha in the dance and it was danced poorly.
    Julien and Rachel lost out, I suspect due to personality.
    Julien because of his cringeworthy antics and over exuberant reaction to almost everything.
    Rachel due to not showing much personality at all and being a bit dull.
    Rachel seriously needs to up her level and engage the audience and the voters a lot more imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »

Anton's pretty mahogany when he stands in the sunlight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As far as I can work out, the partnerships are:

Aliona & Brendan
    Janette & Artem
    Karen & Kevin
    Ola & James
    Kristina & Robin
    Anya & Pasha
    Iveta & Anton/Aljaz depending on the dance
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't liked by viewers either hence the reason why he was in the danceoff every week. And he was an embarrassment. Something 'cool' celebs and fashionistas would want to distance themselves from.

Rubbish. I'm pretty sure his clientele and fellow fashionistas are used to his personality.

And he wasn't an embarrassment, he had improved, albeit marginally. If he had gone in the first week, that might have been embarrassing, but he didn't.

As much as I like Dave and Mark as celebs, they are abysmal - Julien was better than them last night.
  • Options
    KaeresteKaereste Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth was Claudia wearing for the results show? Not sure what size it was made for - definitely not hers. O_o