Options

Revolution (UK PACE) - Fridays 9pm Sky1 HD

Comments

• Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    There were a hell of a lot of dead rats...so who knows what the little pesky nanites are up to.

But then......there is a hell of a lot of Aaron (which he seems to have maintained awfully well, over the last sixteen or seventeen years).
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first 3 episodes have been pretty good I hope it keeps up its good form :)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    The first 3 episodes have been pretty good I hope it keeps up its good form :)
    ....for Revolution - yes.;)

But Charlie & Monroe teaming up....:eek:

I'm hoping {wanted} Rachel doesn't survive.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    ....for Revolution - yes.;)

But Charlie & Monroe teaming up....:eek:

I'm hoping {wanted} Rachel doesn't survive.:D

Why?

• Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Why?

Never liked Elizabeth Mitchell in Lost, hate her in this.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Never liked Elizabeth Mitchell in Lost, hate her in this.:D

But that doesn't explain why.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, so here's the thing ;)

I've seen every episode of Revolution UK pace up to the first episode of Series 2. We lost our Sky signal for a couple of weeks and only had it back on Friday.

How can I catch up, and if I can't, can someone fill me in? Thanks. :)
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    hmmm are they trying to go with a "Nazi" style theme for the bad guys now

with people being hoarded onto trains and then myles starting to talk about occupations and a resistance

there was also a bit of a dan brown moment with the symbol on the note which iirc is linked to the masonic movement

and not to forget the weird element with aaron and the shiny things saving myles when he was "dreaming"
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd been away for a few weeks, and had a huge backlog when I came back, and have only just caught up with this. I watched 4 episodes last night. And I enjoyed it: it's far from top of my list, but I found it more watchable than, eg, Under The Dome.

I'm even liking Charlie now. About 20 minutes into the first season, I'd wanted something bad to happen to her, but now she's OK. It helps that the show is a bit darker and (it seems to me) has a bit more sex. It had always seemed to me that a young, attractive woman like Charlie in a lawless place would be in almost constant danger of getting raped, and it seemed weird that the show didn't address that, but now it is seeming to, and also showing brothels and other stuff that I'd expect to see. It doesn't need to be titillating, just a bit more real than it was.

Interesting that they are making Americans be the bad guys. Legally, even if they are manipulative and have done bad things, I think they are still the original government rightfully in control.

Munroe is a bit more interesting now he's been stripped of his power. I'm not quite sure what he's about: he seemed to be drifting until he met Charlie and the bounty hunter. Now we are seeing that he can be an effective character, much as Miles is. If Miles doesn't get his hand fixed, he too has lost some of his power.

Nanotech has a lot of potential so it's nice to see them exploring it, albeit in a rather "science = magic" way.
  • Options
    LondonKiwiLondonKiwi Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's becoming Hairy Potter!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Yes, it does appear that the nanites are now alive and have an interest in human affairs. May be they consider Aaron to be their creator and might even want to merge with him turning him into a God-like character. You could end up with a very different show!!

I reckon i've caught up now (missed episodes 2 and 3) and yes there's defenitely some sort of conscious going on with those nanites. Does it only ever come to light when Aaron is asleep and it plays out through his dreams?
  • Options
    SsddSsdd Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rats... Did the nanites kill the rats because Aaron freaked out when he saw that rat in the room?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point, but I wouldn't be so sure.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bobby Singer from Supernatural as the leader of the Texas Rangers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right this season has been great and all... But Aaron. Aaron is so boring. The sooner they kill him off the better!
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he's immortal :p
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron is basically the tower of this season, the weapon everyone will want. Predictions?

He'll gain actual control of the nanites, by seasons end his new girl will be dead and he will realise he "has to control everything for the greater good", and thus go evil and become the next megalomaniac villain of the series.

There'll then be a time skip of a few years between season 2-3. Cue the evil Aaron empire, with AE and the Patriots doing battle with everyone else stuck in the middle as collateral. He'll be helping the nanites further evolve to take over for him after he's gone.

By THAT season's end, Aaron will realise he can't control everything and realise his mistakes and go good...just in time for the artificial intelligence nanites to finish evolving, assume human form and become the new megalomaniacal villain of the series. The nanites will more than likely (100% guaranteed) assume the form of a dead member of the main cast from an earlier season.
  • Options
    deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    So - watched Sunday's episode last night and at the end
    when Monroe was given that lethal injection and supposedly died, I thought to myself right there and then, there was no way he was going to be killed off that easily!!!

Low and behold, the end scene was Rachel, digging up the 'grave' where Monroe was buried!!:rolleyes:

....he's still alive!!!!
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    So - watched Sunday's episode last night and at the end
    when Monroe was given that lethal injection and supposedly died, I thought to myself right there and then, there was no way he was going to be killed off that easily!!!

Low and behold, the end scene was Rachel, digging up the 'grave' where Monroe was buried!!:rolleyes:

....he's still alive!!!!

Agreed, it was pretty obvious what Rachel was going to do after Charlie gave her a roasting over her actions...

and Rachels's dad !!! :eek: :eek: what a basta*d!!!
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really buying the "anyone could be a Patriot" thing. Rachel and Aaron should have told more people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron is basically the tower of this season, the weapon everyone will want. Predictions?

He'll gain actual control of the nanites, by seasons end his new girl will be dead and he will realise he "has to control everything for the greater good", and thus go evil and become the next megalomaniac villain of the series.

There'll then be a time skip of a few years between season 2-3. Cue the evil Aaron empire, with AE and the Patriots doing battle with everyone else stuck in the middle as collateral. He'll be helping the nanites further evolve to take over for him after he's gone.

By THAT season's end, Aaron will realise he can't control everything and realise his mistakes and go good...just in time for the artificial intelligence nanites to finish evolving, assume human form and become the new megalomaniacal villain of the series. The nanites will more than likely (100% guaranteed) assume the form of a dead member of the main cast from an earlier season.

I'm guessing Ben. :D Or that Australian bird. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing Ben. :D Or that Australian bird. ;)

You mean Nora or the English one?

I knew Monroe wasn't going to die. Would of been an excellent shock for him to actually be killed.
  • Options
    sazuburnssazuburns Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    Vintage06 wrote: »
    You mean Nora or the English one?

The 'English' one (who was definitely an Aussie if her accent was anything to go by).
  • Options
    SsddSsdd Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason was fascinating to watch!

A bit like monroe's camp.

I actually felt sorry for Bas this time. He never mean to go so far. And grandpa :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So...

Did I miss something at the very end of the episode when Rachel broke down?

I know she took it hard when she found out her father was in league with the Patriots, but I the way she reacted at the end I thought Zelko Ivanek's character had made good on his threat to kill him. :s

Or not... I can be quite thick :blush: