corrie are we tuning in or cant watch?

Chloe_BeadsChloe_Beads Posts: 197
Forum Member
What will usual and new viewers be doing tonight....

Comments

• owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mrs has her Kleenex looked out for Corrie tonight. I am guessing that there will be plenty tears before bedtime
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall read a book instead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    I'm tuning in, although I'm not looking forward to it :(

I'm just hoping it's played out with some dignity, I should think it will be Roy's reaction to Hayley's passing that will upset me more than Hayley's death itself.

Sounds harsh I know, but I just can't take the way she has acted as a terminal cancer sufferer seriously anymore, too many unrealistic bits for me.
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think i can watch
  • Chloe_BeadsChloe_Beads Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I just hope its not "dramatic" if you understand me.... it needs to be quiet and under played until after her death to claw back some realistic emotions IMO... it will also be very unrealistic if hailey is suddenly much much worse than we have seen her before remembering that Friday she said her death would be tomorrow meaning we start tonight around 12 hours after her trip out to audrys and her evening in the factory with Carla
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be watching....just remember it is fictional !!!!!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently her actual death occurs off screen so I think it will be handled sensitively and not overly dramatic.

Although I don't like the soap cliche method of everyone finding out in Wednesday's episode.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    linc52 wrote: »
    i dont think i can watch

I'm still in the process of deciding. :(
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently out and won't get back until 9pm but then I'll watch it. I'm dredging it though
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Elle Fyar wrote: »
    I'm tuning in, although I'm not looking forward to it :(

I'm just hoping it's played out with some dignity, I should think it will be Roy's reaction to Hayley's passing that will upset me more than Hayley's death itself.

Sounds harsh I know, but I just can't take the way she has acted as a terminal cancer sufferer seriously anymore, too many unrealistic bits for me.

Completely agree with this.

David Neilson has played an absolute blinder in this storyline, Julie - not so much. (IMO)
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I couldn't care at all about Hayley now, thanks Mr Blackburn for ruining her.
  • Chloe_BeadsChloe_Beads Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    If they don't show the announcement until Wednesday that's really stretching time ..... Friday she said I it will be tomorrow (so it's taken 3 days to get to that point) but then to have the street told the night if her death that night that we will see on Wednesday (another 2 days) that 5 days and 4 half hr slots viewers are waiting to see what is just parts of 1 24hr period of time ..... that is dragging it out ...
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    Yeah I couldn't care at all about Hayley now, thanks Mr Blackburn for ruining her.

This for me too.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    I shall tune in....Actually for some reason I have seen more episodes of Corrie in the last Month then the past decade :blush:
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't show the announcement until Wednesday that's really stretching time ..... Friday she said I it will be tomorrow (so it's taken 3 days to get to that point) but then to have the street told the night if her death that night that we will see on Wednesday (another 2 days) that 5 days and 4 half hr slots viewers are waiting to see what is just parts of 1 24hr period of time ..... that is dragging it out ...

Well when there's lots to cover that's what happens. There's plenty of occasions where one day or so has been stretched across several episodes.

I doubt it would have sufficed to condense all of this into 1 or 2 episodes.
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayleys death will be a tear jerker but think the way the character has been portrayed over past few months, she may have lost some of the "sympathy" Thats a shame as the storyline started off so promisingly.

I think that Roys reactions over the next few weeks will be more upsetting, especially tonight and Wednesday episode

David Neilsen has been outstanding during the past few months and must surely win best actor in a soap
  • Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'll be tuning in.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm tuning in, first and I'm watching Corrie this year unless Blackburn leaves - it sounds like a DREADFUL year, but I'm watching it tonight for Hayley and Roy
  • Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    ameredith wrote: »
    This for me too.

I'd go with this too.

Not sure whether I can watch it to be honest - always liked the partnership with Roy and Hayley and hate the fact it is being finished, although I think Corrie have done a fairly good job of it.
  • LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mums gone upstairs - said she can't watch :o
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall not watch this evening's episodes.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching but honestly can't wait for it to be over. I've found the whole story line quite tiresome.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't not watch :blush:

Must admit, I'm rather surprised by the number of people saying they won't watch - is it because you think it will be too upsetting, or do morally disagree with the storyline?
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    We'll be tuning in.

Us too I have a fresh box of tissues ready though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I will be watching like normal. Although as a pregnant woman with baby due imminently I am feeling more emotional than usual so I dread to think how many tissues I'll be sobbing my way through!