WTF is urinal cake when it's at home?

I'm guessing you're not male?

Edit: See you've edited your OP.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    I'm 15 mins into this one and it's bucked up no end on the others.

Probably got a few writers in.

Look at the credits. It's all Stewart, no other writers. How dare you. >:(

Seriously, another very entertaining half hour for me there. Very enjoyable, and nice to see him interacting a bit more with the audience this time. Of course I await condemnation from the 'Scotch' viewers regarding the Urine Cake bit. Because of course he really meant it and they're right to take offence. He'll be suggesting they live purely on shortbread and Heroin nex.....ah.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a RIDICULOUS thing to say about us scotch ..... it's a CAKE analogy, as in we don't eat ANYTHING that's called CAKE .....

that would be silly

but if you DO have some cake, please post it to my mouth
    :D
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No mention of Hillsborough this week,he must be slipping. Nice to see a throwback to Lee & Herring days with the punchline "28 years old he is" :D

Very funny show.A bit perturbed about the gerbil getting "shot" looked a bit gruesome. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    what a RIDICULOUS thing to say about us scotch ..... it's a CAKE analogy, as in we don't eat ANYTHING that's called CAKE .....

that would be silly

but if you DO have some cake, please post it to my mouth

There we go. Didn't take long, did it. Well I guess that's the end of Stewart Lee in Edinburgh, then. He's going to run out of places to gig at this rate. Bit OT, Still can't believe Richard Herrings nerve at continuing to gig in Wales after his suggestion at a show that we're all stupid, Lava Bread munching inbreeding idiots. The Scotch deserve all they get, frankly, but that was going too far.
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another good episode. First half was better than the second half, but did find the only guy who new about Animal Park leaving for a wee funny.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There we go. Didn't take long, did it. Well I guess that's the end of Stewart Lee in Edinburgh, then. He's going to run out of places to gig at this rate. Bit OT, Still can't believe Richard Herrings nerve at continuing to gig in Wales after his suggestion at a show that we're all stupid, Lava Bread munching inbreeding idiots. The Scotch deserve all they get, frankly, but that was going too far.

we're not called SCOTCH by the way :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    we're not called SCOTCH by the way :D

In the Stand Up Comedian DVD he released, Stewart refers to himself as Scotch in front of a Glasgow audience...it's very funny. I was channeling that, honestly! :)
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm actually an expert on what is funny and am a remarkably witty guy.

You are taking the piss, aren't you Jefferson, tell the truth, otherwise i will have take the view internet trolls have a sense of humour...in the words of Victor Meldew "I don't believe it" :eek:
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Scotch deserve all they get, frankly.
    Oh please do explain why.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please do explain why.

Wasn't being remotely serious. Nor was Stewart Lee with all the 'Scotch' bit in his routine. That part of my post doesn't look good quoted like that mind. No offence intended at all.

Edit: And am also really looking forward to seeing Mr Herring live very soon. He can slag us Welshos off as much as he likes. And he will. :)
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    No mention of Hillsborough this week,he must be slipping. Nice to see a throwback to Lee & Herring days with the punchline "28 years old he is" :D

Very funny show.A bit perturbed about the gerbil getting "shot" looked a bit gruesome. :(

The "he's 28 years old" joke has always been a much used one.
  • Options
    afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,163
    Forum Member
    28 years old...I thought he was about 4, or something! My expectations were confounded, and from thence the humour arose!
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

That did make me laugh :D I almost guessed that one was coming :)
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "he's 28 years old" joke has always been a much used one.

Yes, he knows. That was the joke.
    As another poster mentioned it harks back to to the days of Fist of Fun where he and Richard Herring make a routine out of the "28 years old" gag which was old and overused even back then.
  • Options
    Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted someone to shout out "HE SAID EGG!" when he was doing the dragon bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wanted someone to shout out "HE SAID EGG!" when he was doing the dragon bit.

I thought it. Of course we now know that Stewart's sublime performance as a thick, egg obsessed bird was not just silliness, but SATIRE.
  • Options
    bokononbokonon Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed to take a steep dive after 15mins, but I was slightly distracted on the net.

I am disappointed that nobody has commented on the fact that Jefferson is now quoting himself to agree with himself.

Possible explanations:

1. His original post was so good that he felt compelled to agree with himself.
    2. He forgot who he was.
    3. He has two accounts and forgot which one he was logged in under.

I rather suspect that his favourite bit might have been the Ed Miliband joke. Was that at 15 minutes? Any way I suspect the Miliband gag may have actually been inserted by BBC executives in order to appease the likes of Mr. Jefferson.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it. Of course we now know that Stewart's sublime performance as a thick, egg obsessed bird was not just silliness, but SATIRE.

As the crow flies.... :D
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much funnier than last week.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't being remotely serious. Nor was Stewart Lee with all the 'Scotch' bit in his routine. That part of my post doesn't look good quoted like that mind. No offence intended at all.

Edit: And am also really looking forward to seeing Mr Herring live very soon. He can slag us Welshos off as much as he likes. And he will. :)
    Ok, thanks.
  • Options
    ffa1ffa1 Posts: 2,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's definitely improving with each episode. I thought episode 1 was really weak, but two was decent and three even better.
  • Options
    DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paul nutalls of the ukips
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As the crow flies.... :D

Pliny would love your username. :)
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    paul nutalls of the ukips

Er, yes? he was in the Comedy Vehicle episode before last-but what about him? You need a predicate not just a subject for a sentence, unless you're just answering a question. Seems a tad incomplete as it stands. Just saying.