Options

Anybody being forced or tagged to wear make up?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I've seen some of the girls in my news feed in real life without make-up. So, I was laughing away to myself when looking at their pictures earlier, as most of them are either wearing that 'bare' makeup stuff, or they have heavily photo-shopped their photos lol I agree.... it's just the usual attention seeking facebook rubbish.

I too have contemplated deleting my account, as my newsfeed is constantly full of crap like this! However, I mainly use facebook to keep in touch with people, and share photos privately, and for that, it is a very useful tool. I just don't bother scrolling down the news feed much.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Facebook seems to be turning into a intriguing social experiment, where seemingly intelligent people will do the most idiotic things just to fit in with their peers.

It's almost like being back at school. Only instead of playing tennis or pogs to fit in, people are drinking cocktails of piss and methylated spirits.
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    I never understand these things what good does posting a photo do
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Correction, I've seen one person do it now. Someone I vaguely remember from school. But she does point out that she's donated some cash and gives the number and stuff.
  • Options
    SubrosaSubrosa Posts: 3,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone tags me I'm just going to donate money instead of doing a picture...actually, I could just donate anyway. I'm aware of cancer already, thanks.

It's starting to smack of bullying a bit, I've seen people going 'it shows who's vain and doesn't want to raise awareness of a good cause!'. Having been bullied for my appearance, I don't think it's vain to not want to put a bad picture of myself online for other people's judgement!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the side of Facebook I absolutely hate. What sort of vapid moron must you have to be to take part in such nonsense? If this is what passes for raising awareness or activism these days, I'm going to cry.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    It's supposed to be about awareness of breast cancer - yet they're posting photos of their bare faces. Disappointingly inappropriate.
  • Options
    alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Although my initial thought were along the same line as the majority of the posters here, Cancer Research UK has reported that over the last two days they have had a surge in donations which they attribute to this "campaign" so its not all pointless.

http://news.uk.msn.com/selfie-windfall-for-cancer-charity#tscptmt
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah and posting pics of the confirmation text saying you've donated doesn't scream 'look at how worthy I am' at all.
  • Options
    ShowaddywaddyShowaddywaddy Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Hey! Rock 'n' Rollers.
    Spare a thought for poor old Kony.
    No one gives a **** about him anymore,
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Now we're getting "sock on a cock" for testicular cancer. I didn't mind seeing girls with no makeup on (as I mentioned previously). This I can do without seeing. :p

People are such sheep.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen a few people doing this. Seems to be popular among the youngsters. There's been a few people on my friend list moaning about it, saying people should give money instead of taking a picture - but I think some have donated as well as post a picture so some good has come of it I guess. I keep seeing "sock on a cock" mentioned now, supposedly to raise awareness of testicular cancer - men are expected to post a picture of themselves naked but wearing a sock...

Edit: TheMunch beat me to it :D
  • Options
    superbass88superbass88 Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Yes, thanks for that dear, until I saw that selfie of you looking really ropey on Facebook I had no idea what cancer was! Is it new?

As I said in the other thread the aim of the campaign is to say that in the time it takes you to put on your make up you can check your breasts for signs of cancer. I try to check mine when I remember but I haven't done it for a whole, I did it this morning and I'd say there's hundreds of others like me out there that also did, if anyone does find signs of cancer early due to this viral campaign isn't it worth it?

There that and the donations that have been made, of course there's ones who just post these pics for the likes but from people on my news feed who have done it most have shown a screen shot of their donation too.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the side of Facebook I absolutely hate. What sort of vapid moron must you have to be to take part in such nonsense? If this is what passes for raising awareness or activism these days, I'm going to cry.

Yes or those apps or even photos people get tagged in a large group. Sadly Facebook doesn't really allow you to be untagged or hidden they want you to share everything. Too much hype and trends on Facebook.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    As I said in the other thread the aim of the campaign is to say that in the time it takes you to put on your make up you can check your breasts for signs of cancer. I try to check mine when I remember but I haven't done it for a whole, I did it this morning and I'd say there's hundreds of others like me out there that also did, if anyone does find signs of cancer early due to this viral campaign isn't it worth it?

There that and the donations that have been made, of course there's ones who just post these pics for the likes but from people on my news feed who have done it most have shown a screen shot of their donation too.

hey everyone! Look how amazing I am see exactly how much my donation is!

cant they just give without the 'tada!'

it takes me 20 minutes to put make up on - i thought it took 2 minutes to check your boobs?

also why always breast cancer? there are other cancers...
  • Options
    superbass88superbass88 Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    hey everyone! Look how amazing I am see exactly how much my donation is!

cant they just give without the 'tada!'

it takes me 20 minutes to put make up on - i thought it took 2 minutes to check your boobs?

also why always breast cancer? there are other cancers...

Its probably more because of people like all the ones on this thread saying 'most people are putting up selfies without donating', look at those posers, doing no good for no one....

Breast cancer is the second biggest killer after lung cancer, lung cancer is being well advertised at the minute, as is cervical, testicular and bowel from what i have seen anyway. Breast cancer can be detected by people themselves, if the morality rates of those with breast cancer is still so high then obviously not enough people are checking themselves probably to detect the early stages.
  • Options
    Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    "Anybody being forced or tagged to wear make up?"

Is this available in English? Forced by whom, what, where?
    Tagged??? Some new mindless teen word that you think everyone knows?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Yes. A crack team of several FSB officers kicked down my door and abseiled through my windows at 03:00 to put a bag over my head, bundle me into a waiting van, take me to a large warehouse about an hours' drive away, handcuffed me to a chair, took the bag off my head causing me to be dazzled by a very bright light in my face before then forcing me—at gunpoint—to put make-up on for a cancer I'm already firmly aware exists.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would achieve a lot more if the lovely ladies opened their purses instead and donated
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Yes. A crack team of several FSB officers kicked down my door and abseiled through my windows at 03:00 to put a bag over my head, bundle me into a waiting van, take me to a large warehouse about an hours' drive away, handcuffed me to a chair, took the bag off my head causing me to be dazzled by a very bright light in my face before then forcing me—at gunpoint—to put make-up on for a cancer I'm already firmly aware exists.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    I don't see the point of the pictures to be honest. :confused: What they are writing alongside the pictures that I've seen are "I've been nominated to do a barefaced selfie for cancer awareness! I nominate................ You have 24 hours!" First off, what the hell does not wearing make up have to do with cancer? It's hardly a known association? :confused:

Secondly, "you have 24 hours!" or else what? A group of teenage girls will hunt us down and force a picture of you without make up? Charity starts at home, you can't force people into it. I personally don't choose to donate to big charities where you don't know where it's going. A Cancer UK rep came to my door once and told me that a percentage of each donation goes to the government, so I'm not interested in lining their pockets. I'd rather give money to donation funded organisations like PDSA or hospices where you know it's going towards helping those who need it.
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't wear make-up if I am relaxing at home anyway.
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should call it sheepbook instead of Facebook. Yet another pathetic trend from sheople who can't think for themselves. The donation thing simply gives validation to post yet another selfie so they can receive yet more compliments from their friends.

This whole selfie business just shows how self absorbed sheople have become. Total and utter ******* who are no better than those insecure steroid abusers who flex their muscles in the mirrors of the gym every day.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been tagged to do it but I have no intention of doing so. As others have said, it's all about being told how wonderful you look without make up. These lemmings who are doing it seem to get pretty angry if you question what it has to do with cancer awareness, I've seen people getting torn to shreds for saying it's pointless. I'm hoping it'll soon be yesterday's chip paper.

That is why I am keeping quiet, not worth the hassle. it will go away soon.

I suppose it shows that people are aware of cancer, otherwise they would not do it. I only hope they give money to a cancer charity as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, people on my friends feed are doing this. They aren't usually such sheep. This is one of the most pathetic things - maybe THE most pathetic ever - I have ever seen in the name of raising awareness. It's also obviously not really about cancer at all.

I fear for the human race.