Options

GoggleBox- Ch4

Comments

• Options
    clara28clara28 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT Effect wrote: »
    Chris (or was it Stephen?) gave me and my OH the biggest laugh of the week when they pretended to be that dummy from the nursing programme.

Me too, that made me howl with laughter! :D
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clara28 wrote: »
    I assumed he was about 60, apparently he's only 48! Holy moly.

Wow, I assumed he was well into his 50s :o

All that booze has raddled him somewhat ;-)
  • Options
    CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The left AND the right should be represented in the families. It's just a shame that people on the right are attacked by the left for being on the right. Don't see it AS much towards people on the left for some reason. Considering left is more for personal freedoms and rights its odd!
  • Options
    opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leon and June are great and at least they have properly thought out views which demonstrate compassion for others. The majority of the rest seem like a right old bunch of unevolved thinkers.

And btw what is that weird little thing perched on the corner chair who appears to live with the Secretary of Nigel Farrago's fan club?
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the programme would be better off without a bigot like Leon Bericoff. He supports all that is wrong with our country and is very rude with his comments. Smug doesn't even come close!

I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know he's riled someone so much they signed up to DS just to post a single comment about him :D
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure he'd be thrilled to know he's riled someone so much they signed up to DS just to post a single comment about him :D

I bet he'd be tickled pink :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He wouldn't be all that thrilled that they got his name wrong - it's Bernicoff
    [B-E-R-N-I-C-O-double F for Foxtrot]
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vidalia wrote: »
    He wouldn't be all that thrilled that they got his name wrong - it's Bernicoff
    [B-E-R-N-I-C-O-double F for Foxtrot]

People throwing their toys out of the pram tend not to check their facts, in my experience of DS ;-)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    opal88 wrote: »
    Leon and June are great and at least they have properly thought out views which demonstrate compassion for others. The majority of the rest seem like a right old bunch of unevolved thinkers.

And btw what is that weird little thing perched on the corner chair who appears to live with the Secretary of Nigel Farrago's fan club?

Are you talking about Mr Michaels, aka: Davros from Doctor Who.
  • Options
    opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you talking about Mr Michaels, aka: Davros from Doctor Who.

That's him! Davros - the evil Dalek mastermind! :D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    I'm not enjoying listening to/seeing two of the new additions to the Goggleboxers - the husband & wife with daughter from the North East, and the lady Vicar and husband.

The daughter never shuts up, and gets on my nerves.
    Ditto with the Vicar.

They both seem to love the sound of their own voices.

We have enough of that with Amy Tapper thank you. >:(

Leon is like an evil little Gnome with his cackling laugh and requests for a cracker.
    He makes me giggle.

LOVE the p*ssed posh couple to bits.
    And also LOVE Sandy and Sandra.

Did anyone find out why Sandra drinks from a Pot Noodle carton????

And I find the father and sons from Derby really endearing.
    Love them.

And will silent Jay ever speak??????
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    I like the Vicar and husband. They have a greyhound. I'll forgive anybody anything if they have a greyhound. I don't know what her opinions are on anything really. Too busy looking at the greyhound making itself at home on the couch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »
    I like the Vicar and husband. They have a greyhound. I'll forgive anybody anything if they have a greyhound. I don't know what her opinions are on anything really. Too busy looking at the greyhound making itself at home on the couch.

To my shame, I haven't even noticed they have a dog!! :blush:
    I'm too busy being annoyed at her taking up all the oxygen.

I've spotted the Posh couple's Dachsie, but missed their greyhound.
    Will pay closer attention next episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    I bet he'd be tickled pink :D

He might have written it himself as a joke. :D
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT Effect wrote: »
    Welsh Lad I love you - you're fast becoming my favourite Welsh lad after Aneurin Barnard :D

I may not agree with everything some of the Goggleboxers may say, but it'd be a far poorer programme if they all felt they had to self-edit before they ever opened their mouths, lest they offended someone

BIB I agree. The differing opinions make it a lot more interesting to watch. Just like the real world, I'd prefer if they were themselves instead of worrying how they're going to be perceived bar the Michael mother's nurse comment.

I really enjoyed last week's show, a good mix of shows and opinion. It's certainly sparked interesting debate on here. I've finally warmed to the vicar but I don't like the other new family. What happened to the pair who watched tv in bed?

The Voice edit is a bit biased IMO. For the X-Factor, they showed Sam Bailey every week who was undoubtedly the best yet for the Voice they focus on the poorer performances.

Still love the show though. Silent Jay must make some of the easiest money on tv. :D
  • Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone find out why Sandra drinks from a Pot Noodle carton????

I think it's an actual mug. Or she might just be a really hardcore recycler :D
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Yes I can make a good guess about it as I judged her body language and the tone of her voice suggested she was saying it more for her opinion which I believe is genuine to be heard, I have also based my opinion on reading on her twitter her views on sexuality. As I am actually interested in why she feels like she does and made an attempt to find out.

June was smart enough to be so cut off from homophobia she wouldn't even accept a second of it so that's why I am highlighting her, you seem to suggest I am criticizing her when I have said repeatedly how wonderful she was for her actions - but she's only behaving like that because of people generally defending homophobia in the media otherwise it wouldn't have been necessary.

I believe that if a couple are getting married & people on Gogglebox took that moment, turned away from it and made out it's somehow deeply disturbing then that goes out on TV to millions of people & those 2 men who haven't hurt anyone with a kiss, will see it - then that is rude & disrespectful to them on their wedding day & to other viewers of Gogglebox.

All this in the week gay marriage was legal. Surely they heard of that news already and have gay friends, work mates or even family members. It was rude.

This is a little precious, I find. The whole point of the show is that it is real people's reactions, in real time. I'd rather they be honest than conceal it under a contrived tolerance that is completely insincere.
    If you live in a world where you think people *don't* find gay people kissing unfamiliar and beyond their experience, then you need to walk a week in my shoes.

And people may well know of someone in their family or workplace who is gay but that's not the same as being familiar with those people being intimate with their partners.

The sooner such things become normalized (as they are to someone of Amy Tapper's generation) the better, but in the meantime, I shall continue being patient with those (often older) people whose instincts haven't quite caught up with their cerebral understanding and acceptance of gay love and equal marriage.
    It is a mature and goodwilled approach that often wins hearts and minds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pie-eyed wrote: »

I like the Rev Kate too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    I like the Rev Kate too :)

what about the greyhound? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what about the greyhound? :D

Yes him too! Am a big fan of greyhounds and whippets.

He's so sweet lying there on his back.... probably thinking "Tickle my belly... pleeeeease"
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I over heard a conversation at the hairdressers the other day about this program and downloaded an episode......brilliant! Just loved each and every family and couple. I found it quite refreshing to see that there was quite a discussion about TV programs. I'm hooked.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read that this programme has been nominated for two BAFTAS this year... One is good, but two is brilliant.. Channel 4 have finally seen the light as well and are giving it a prime time viewing time...
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the ultimate aim for this show is to go beyond the boundaries of "Season 1" "Season 2", etc., and be on every week of the year.

It's very good for catching up on the past week of TV shows and general worldwide issues.
  • Options
    Entropy_NebulaEntropy_Nebula Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught up with it for the first time this series, a few new faces for me to get to know! :-)

I have had a feeling though brewing for the past few episodes........I don't like the posh couple, there I said it!! I find them too contrived and 'aware' the whole time they're being filmed, it's too put on for me now.

I only caught the end of the last episode so will reserve judgment on the newbies.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    dullagj2 wrote: »
    BIB I agree. The differing opinions make it a lot more interesting to watch. Just like the real world, I'd prefer if they were themselves instead of worrying how they're going to be perceived bar the Michael mother's nurse comment.

I really enjoyed last week's show, a good mix of shows and opinion. It's certainly sparked interesting debate on here. I've finally warmed to the vicar but I don't like the other new family. What happened to the pair who watched tv in bed?

The Voice edit is a bit biased IMO. For the X-Factor, they showed Sam Bailey every week who was undoubtedly the best yet for the Voice they focus on the poorer performances.

Still love the show though. Silent Jay must make some of the easiest money on tv. :D

I've been avoiding the thread due to some of the stupid comments on here this series.
    I'd much prefer if none of them were on twitter or the like, then feeling the need to apologise for comments they've made on the program.

Yet again with the X factor, The Voice and 'bias', this program is about the Goggleboxers reactions, not the programs.
    It's not a review of the best/worst acts or whatever.
    If you can cut between 4 or more households all reacting to one clip, picking up the same points, then that's what's going to make the edit.
This discussion has been closed.