Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall order now, really soft goal too. This was ours for the taking.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good night champions league.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted us like a fish there. Oh well, we all knew it was a huge ask...
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody thrown it away.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Januzaj on twenty minutes too late.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should have thrown Januzaj and Hernandez on immediately, not piss about for 5 mins.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was all going well...then we scored :(:(:confused:
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as we won't win it, I hope Athletico win it now
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were there for the taking.

Absolutely gutted, but not surprised.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »
    They were there for the taking.

Absolutely gutted, but not surprised.

Can't add anymore to that.
  • Options
    Steven88Steven88 Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooney was clearly not over his injury, his shooting was woeful tonight especially when he could have put us 2-1 up.
    The worst thing we did tonight was scoring, it woke Bayern up and our defensivee game went to shit. Overall i'm proud our performances in these two matches considering I was expecting to comprehensively beaten in both legs. It's disappointing to go out though because I think Bayern were there for the taking.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the hammering a small few were expecting, but it was a big ask on Bayern's patch

Credit to them though they went out fighting and can be proud of their efforts to get this far under their new manager :)
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bayern's second goal annoyed me the most. Evra didn't go to Robben and gave him the time to put in that cross.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not going to win many matches with long ball tactics to Welbeck. He might have had alittle joy vs Martinez but Dante had it covered all night long.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Heartbreaking.

Not a great deal between the two over the two legs up until we scored that Evra goal. The game just erupted at that stage and never settled down and a game like that was always going to suit Bayern. Had a good amount of chances over the two legs and you can't afford to not take more of them against an absolute quality side like Bayern.

It's bloody gutting on one hand but nothing what so ever to be ashamed about losing to the reigning champion's. We'll be back stronger.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bayern seemed to wake up when Utd scored but if Utd could of went 10 mins leading then who knows.

To concede so quickly after scoring was criminal.
  • Options
    Auld ReekieAuld Reekie Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Bayern seemed to wake up when Utd scored but if Utd could of went 10 mins leading then who knows.

To concede so quickly after scoring was criminal.
    I feel your pain.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was typical United panic after we went 1:0 up I'm afraid, and their third goal was disgraceful defending.

We played okay, but the lack of concentration killed us.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Seeing as we won't win it, I hope Athletico win it now

I hope they win it too, apparently it is 40 years since they have been in the European Cup/Champions League Semi Finals whilst all the other teams have won it in the last 5 to 10 years so let them have a go.

As for United we lost it by a lack of concentration after Evra's goal if we could of kept them out for 10 to 15 minutes they would of started to panic and it could of been a different story, until then we were performing really well and defending superbly so it is such a shame that we let ourselves down at the crucial point. I just hope it isn't too long until we are back in the Champions League, hopefully it is just a one season thing.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^^ More or less ditto the comments above me.

I mentioned before I was worried about playing a not-fully fit Rooney...

Moyes wasn't the reason for our lapses that caused the first two goals, but jeez, he left the substitutions late.

In amid all the doom and gloom, it was good to see Shinji Kagawa have probably his best game in a United shirt.

I hope we can at least bounce back from this and continue our recent league run. Not just for the lift but also to show prospective transfer targets we are worth signing for even without CL football.

Hope Atlectico do it now. Would be good to see a new name win.
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, serious question, do you guys think that is that for Moyes? Or do you think he will be in charge come the new season? Has he shown enough over the last few games to warrant being given more time?
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    So, serious question, do you guys think that is that for Moyes? Or do you think he will be in charge come the new season? Has he shown enough over the last few games to warrant being given more time?

He will still be there next season, don't worry about that

He'll have plenty of time as he has to fill a pair of legendary shoes, it was never going to be easy whoever took over from Sir Alex even if Moyesie hadn't taken over

He just needs time, that's the key word
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member

This tie was going to change nothing, could of lose 7-0 and it wouldn't of changed the outcome. He'll be here next season no matter what. He'll have plenty to spend in the summer. The true test begins on the first day of next season, he's got to be up there challenging for the title, anything less and he has to go.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think he will given until xmas next season, if things are still crap, he will be shown the door.
  • Options
    happymonkeyhappymonkey Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst I've felt as a Manchester United fan! Mainly as it's obvious we need a change & are too proud to do it! (Hope I'm wrong)

Luckily the beers are on the random Bayern fans I met in Munich this morning!

They are being a**holes but sadly entitled to do so!
This discussion has been closed.