[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Did anyone get update today ??
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    stonerday wrote: »
    Did anyone get update today ??

Got up earlier and my box was on standby which it never is, but no update >:(
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Got up earlier and my box was on standby which it never is, but no update >:(

Something dodgy is going on.

Defending silence since sky said it would be on the download stream and they soon changed that and have said nothing since .

Something is wrong with the new EPG, Sky can't fix it properly yet and some of the new features are extremely buggy and delays are inevitable.

Rumours are that all the releases of the new EPG will be rolled back and we won't see it return until the summer.

Sky do believe in better but rarely deliver better.
    Boxes are not stable and on demand is at breaking point.
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

Defending silence since sky said it would be on the download stream and they soon changed that and have said nothing since .

Something is wrong with the new EPG, Sky can't fix it properly yet and some of the new features are extremely buggy and delays are inevitable.

Rumours are that all the releases of the new EPG will be rolled back and we won't see it return until the summer.

nice little episode of jackanory there!
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Something is wrong with the new EPG, Sky can't fix it properly yet and some of the new features are extremely buggy and delays are inevitable.

What bugs though? There's noone reporting anything untoward on here, and I'd expect it to be all over here very quickly.

Ditto with your mysterious rumours- they usually appear here very quickly- or are you trying to start one?
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Greebo wrote: »
    What bugs though? There's noone reporting anything untoward on here, and I'd expect it to be all over here very quickly.

Ditto with your mysterious rumours- they usually appear here very quickly- or are you trying to start one?

Best just ignore him. Seems he's a bit bitter as he hasn't got the EPG yet.
  • Options
    muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And yet its working perfectly well on my box and has been since before Christmas. :o
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet its working perfectly well on my box and has been since before Christmas. :o

If you are talking about R9 software, then arent you breaking some kind of none disclosure agreement, by posting in public that you have had it longer than the public roll-out?
  • Options
    muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    If you are talking about R9 software, then arent you breaking some kind of none disclosure agreement, by posting in public that you have had it longer than the public roll-out?

No I'm not but thanks for the concern.
  • Options
    David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone's posted on sky's forum that R009 will be on the download stream on the 11th of April. going by the sky's forum it was jest postponed

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-SkyHD-Sky-3D/New-Sky-EPG-2014/m-p/1903180#M57244
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Why was my post removed?
    :confused:
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone's posted on sky's forum that R009 will be on the download stream on the 11th of April. going by the sky's forum it was jest postponed

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD-SkyHD-Sky-3D/New-Sky-EPG-2014/m-p/1903180#M57244

There's a difference between "could" and "will be".

Also did you see his later posts which I believe were removed that said his manager is known for BS ing.
  • Options
    simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey some right fuss pots on here moaning about a TV guide. Wow it looks a bit different but there isn't anything major that you can't do now so just wait until your box updates automatically. The complaint culture of the UK is a complete joke. And this dansky bloke makes me wet myself at his constant crying about a blimen EPG.
  • Options
    KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Although it may be true... the post actually says "could by on the DR stream as early as the 11th April", it doesn't say that it will be. And the poster also doesn't appear to work at Sky, but is actually a Sky installer, therefore has no link to the software roll out.

Also, quite a few of that users posts have been removed by Sky in another thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Why was my post removed too ?
  • Options
    Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Blimey some right fuss pots on here moaning about a TV guide. Wow it looks a bit different but there isn't anything major that you can't do now so just wait until your box updates automatically. The complaint culture of the UK is a complete joke. And this dansky bloke makes me wet myself at his constant crying about a blimen EPG.

Will u say nice things 2 me if I give u gravy

I am not bothered about whether or not I have the EPG or not.... No really !!!!!

You closed minded people have no idea.

Some people are shepherds some are sheep.

You lot say baaaaa

I am a sheperd in comparison
  • Options
    Lee MorrisLee Morris Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can not wait also until the new look EPG is on my box and in the past I have got updates on my box before the one in the lounge, but I know that I will get it when I do so it could be next week or the week after but I will get it.

It is a case of you might not be able to wait or you might be excited but you will get it sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    Why was my post removed?
    :confused:
    stonerday wrote: »
    Why was my post removed too ?

Dunno, what did they say?

:)
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it true that when you use a hill at their backs, that they push back harder ?
  • Options
    GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You lot say baaaaa

Channeling your inner Eric Cantona? :)
  • Options
    steve wsteve w Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    I've had this new EPG since last week and the main problem I've noticed is with Lip Sync being out on all channels varying from just noticeable to 'badly dubbed film' effect :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    steve w wrote: »
    I've had this new EPG since last week and the main problem I've noticed is with Lip Sync being out on all channels varying from just noticeable to 'badly dubbed film' effect :o

I've noticed this too. but I don't have the new EPG
  • Options
    simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will u say nice things 2 me if I give u gravy

I am not bothered about whether or not I have the EPG or not.... No really !!!!!

You closed minded people have no idea.

You lot say baaaaa

Pmsl. Are you obsessed with sheep?
  • Options
    TomM44TomM44 Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    One thing I forgot to mention is that when accessing customer services and finding out the price for a film it uses the internet and doesn't phone up.
  • Options
    KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomM44 wrote: »
    One thing I forgot to mention is that when accessing customer services and finding out the price for a film it uses the internet and doesn't phone up.

Yes, the sky active services now use the Internet rather than phone line, much faster. This is the case on the latest R008 software version also.