Options

anyone got any plans over the easter weekend

Comments

• Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We went to Hampstead today and it was freaking freezing.

Thankfully I had Wednesday and Thursday off so did manage to enjoy some of the nice weather.

No real plans this weekend. Seeing my family tomorrow, OH and I leaving the child with granny for a few hours tomorrow evening so we can go out for a drink. Sunday is a day of rest (with a full on Sunday roast) and Monday I am meeting friends for lunch.

Nothing major but lots of lovely little things.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allotment this morning, followed by Garden Centres and a late lunch/early dinner carvery.

Over to my see my mum tomorrow, in laws on Sunday. Monday/Tuesday bit of gardening probably.

Living the dream!

If you had told me twenty years ago this is how I would be spending a bank holiday weekend I wouldn't believe you. How times change!
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had an impulse BBQ today which ended up indoors as we left it a bit late really to stay in the garden.
    Tomorrow is a gardening and housework day.
    Sunday ..dunno yet.
    Monday is a family all around to ours day for sit down lamb dinner.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taken a week off work because I'm knackered, but I have no money so there won't be anything TOO exciting going on. So I plan to have a crack at sorting out my flat, get on with some writing, and watch a LOT of movies and play a LOT of video games. And hopefully the weather will be nice enough that I can spend a lot of time out walking the dog.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going flying on Sunday. Not because it's Easter though, it's just a coincidence that a mate's over here at this time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Going flying on Sunday. Not because it's Easter though, it's just a coincidence that a mate's over here at this time.

What type of flying?
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    19Nick68 wrote: »
    Allotment this morning, followed by Garden Centres and a late lunch/early dinner carvery.

Over to my see my mum tomorrow, in laws on Sunday. Monday/Tuesday bit of gardening probably.

Living the dream!

If you had told me twenty years ago this is how I would be spending a bank holiday weekend I wouldn't believe you. How times change!

I am very envious..firstly because I miss having my balcony, I had a potted heaven, and huge trays to make the floor into a faux garden, had lilies, lavender, mint, heather, strawberries in hanging baskets, was fab, and planted gardenias out in the backcourt, fabulous plant, did too well lol, but over took the huge dandelion stems so bit of variety there.

To answer the thread, meh the kids are off to the bi monthly now visit to my ex hub, their dad, so tomorrow, hope to get to do 50 laps at swimming pool, early, come home do 3 clothes washes, do my 5 other job applications, reorganise the kids room, pack my daughters case for her school trip again, get the bigger case from my mum for a loan..hopefully dust the living room, visit my mum and give her the tulips for easter in case they take a turn, lol. Maybe spend an hour playing my ps2 games, then sunday kids are back at 10.30 in the morning so Easter fun!
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Make sure he doesn't die at the controls.;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Not going anywhere or doing anything..popping to sister's tomorrow as its nephews 21st birthday, drop pressie/card off ( which is literally down the road lol)..then come back here and chill out all Easter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Taken a week off work because I'm knackered, but I have no money so there won't be anything TOO exciting going on. So I plan to have a crack at sorting out my flat, get on with some writing, and watch a LOT of movies and play a LOT of video games. And hopefully the weather will be nice enough that I can spend a lot of time out walking the dog.

Not a bad way to spend the weekend.As long as there's lashings and lashings of Ginger Beer.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What type of flying?

Helichopper, weather depending it'll be a quick VFR across to Belgium.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    No it will just be a normal weekend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    I am very envious..firstly because I miss having my balcony, I had a potted heaven, and huge trays to make the floor into a faux garden, had lilies, lavender, mint, heather, strawberries in hanging baskets, was fab, and planted gardenias out in the backcourt, fabulous plant, did too well lol, but over took the huge dandelion stems so bit of variety there.

To answer the thread, meh the kids are off to the bi monthly now visit to my ex hub, their dad, so tomorrow, hope to get to do 50 laps at swimming pool, early, come home do 3 clothes washes, do my 5 other job applications, reorganise the kids room, pack my daughters case for her school trip again, get the bigger case from my mum for a loan..hopefully dust the living room, visit my mum and give her the tulips for easter in case they take a turn, lol. Maybe spend an hour playing my ps2 games, then sunday kids are back at 10.30 in the morning so Easter fun!

Dandelions were once considered a garden flower.Until they were classified as weeds.
    My garden is a lovely shade of yellow.The neighbours hate me when they go to the end stage and start to fly off over the fences.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Wish I could play a LOT of video games...meh...I will probably just end up playing Kingdom Hearts and trying to get the Ultimate!!!!

Will probably save up for a high falutin' PS4 and a bit when they come out next year..the Wee Wii after 6 years of service may be all played out, meh wii motes £40, buggir aff...my ps2 is doing grand...! That must be past 11 year old now....

Meh no I ain't paying more than £150 for a console, so scratch, unless I get a good job...
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spring cleaning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Not a bad way to spend the weekend.As long as there's lashings and lashings of Ginger Beer.:)

Take off the "-ger Beer" part there and you're about right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helichopper, weather depending it'll be a quick VFR across to Belgium.

Oh excellent.
    Have a good one :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish I could play a LOT of video games...meh...I will probably just end up playing Kingdom Hearts and trying to get the Ultimate!!!!

Will probably save up for a high falutin' PS4 and a bit when they come out next year..the Wee Wii after 6 years of service may be all played out, meh wii motes £40, buggir aff...my ps2 is doing grand...! That must be past 11 year old now....

Meh no I ain't paying more than £150 for a console, so scratch, unless I get a good job...

I mostly play on the PC... time off when I'm skint is the perfect time to crack on with stuff I bought in last summer's Steam sale and never really got round to...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take off the "-ger Beer" part there and you're about right.

Or, just add vodka and lime juice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    Dandelions were once considered a garden flower.Until they were classified as weeds.
    My garden is a lovely shade of yellow.The neighbours hate me when they go to the end stage and start to fly off over the fences.:D

I do like them, the gardenia broke the wall of yellow a bit, hehe I used to take them up and put them in salads, my ex thought I was poisoning him, hehe (Pee the beds, Pis en Lit) He could not abide salads anyway...ahem..

Dandelions to my ex father in law were his bug bear, but he never helped his neighbours control them, he went all out and re turfed his back garden (they backed onto woods anyway...uhh) to get the perfect grass...looks worse now than it did...they are just 2k lighter....

I like nature, if I had a good patch of garden, I would love the daisies and dandelions, and cut my grass not too short that it was baldy! They kids could play with bubbles and paddling pool and not have a care in the world, I could sit out without feeling strange and dry my washing in the wind..:).:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I had a garden on sunny days. Mind you, I'm notoriously lazy, so I suspect my poor dog wouldn't get as much exercise as she does now. Now if she needs the toilet it means she gets an extra walk, which seems to suit us both just fine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I mostly play on the PC... time off when I'm skint is the perfect time to crack on with stuff I bought in last summer's Steam sale and never really got round to...

Oof been a long time since I played 'proper games' on the PC, think it was Diabolo, Quake and Dungeon Keeper times! Well if I am going to spend x amount on a console, I might just get my mum (yeah my nealy 60 yo mum is a computer guy) to help me build a gaming PC, not going to wast a few grand on that, I would still have to fer my job crap and office..I have three good spec monitors..(I don't so the speak, I know the res etc. blah it bores me, can play hd buggerlugs on them..)

Upshot better than a console! PC games are cheaper too, obviously...

XP..forgot about that...meh where there is a will there is a way...always something with microshaft..

*runs away to Pontins 'cause the excitement is too much, it was the reminiscence that what did it gov...*
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes i do have plans this weekend
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taking the kids too this open farm place tomorrow morning as my sons been going on about going as you can feed the baby lambs and goats. Sunday likely in as its going to be raining and Monday; whatever takes our fancy.
  • Options
    19Nick6819Nick68 Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like them, the gardenia broke the wall of yellow a bit, hehe I used to take them up and put them in salads, my ex thought I was poisoning him, hehe (Pee the beds, Pis en Lit) He could not abide salads anyway...ahem..

Dandelions to my ex father in law were his bug bear, but he never helped his neighbours control them, he went all out and re turfed his back garden (they backed onto woods anyway...uhh) to get the perfect grass...looks worse now than it did...they are just 2k lighter....

I like nature, if I had a good patch of garden, I would love the daisies and dandelions, and cut my grass not too short that it was baldy! They kids could play with bubbles and paddling pool and not have a care in the world, I could sit out without feeling strange and dry my washing in the wind..:).:(

Our rear 'Patio' has dandelions popping up all over the place. Can't use weedkiller because of our cats. Twice a year I end up on my knees with a patio knife making it look presentable. Thinking of getting a weed wand/burner to make sure I finish the job off this year and hopefully keep it under control.

Thinking of collecting some leaves for our guinea pigs.