Anyone feel a bit sorry for Kara?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Hells_ChickenHells_Chicken Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    EssexLady wrote: »
    I thought she looked fantastic - oh, to have a body like that....:rolleyes:

I know what you mean, If i had a body like hers, I wear that charlston outfit to Tesco!

I agree with pretty much everything posted. I thought Kara's charlston was brilliant, I didn't hear the music as I had the sound off (momma chicken on the phone and sky+ being a pain in the bum) so I cant comment on that but her technique was better than some of the pro's!

If I remember correctly, I think the judges were quite hard on Aliesha in the beginning. Lets hope they ease up on their comments as the series continues.
  • Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The music used for Kara and Artem's Charleston was "Put a lid on it" by the Squirrel Nut Zippers version. It was originally used in a 1930s Looney tunes cartoon called "Bosko and Honey". It certainly fits the era of the Charleston but certainly not a well known tune and a slow beat.
  • Options
    Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I say that I was impressed by how technically good Kara was, but I was left totally cold by it. Isn't the Charleston supposed to be fun?
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the judges may well be holding back deliberately with Kara to try and avoid them getting a favourite/pet tag. I have no problem with this - she's an attractive young female, she's talented and she's had a little past experience so she's an obvious target for a voting backlash for no real reason. Any tactics that will divert that possiblity are fine imo.

However, I think this practice has been tried before with Rachel Stevens. I felt at the time and still do that the judges held back on her scores early on for precisely the reason mentioned above. It may have worked early on but it didn't last. I don't know why this was. Maybe the popstar/performing tag is too difficult to throw off. Maybe Rachel was deemed too quiet/reserved/automatic to gain enough popularity. Maybe a fabulous woman still has an impossible task when facing a good man with an engaging personality. Whichever, I can only hope that should Kara realise her dancing potential, she can still get the support of the public.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I say that I was impressed by how technically good Kara was, but I was left totally cold by it. Isn't the Charleston supposed to be fun?

Same. I thought she danced really well, but it wasn't as vibrant as Matt & Aliona's. But I don't think that was as much her fault as Artem's music choice.
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I really don't know what the judges have against Kara she certainly is the best female dancer. I do wonder if the judges want an older woman and another Jordan win.

I don't think the judges care which professional dancer wins. They may all get on with the pros, but they judge the celebrities more - I don't think you could claim they wanted Brendan to win series 6, yet they vastly overmarked Lisa and she was clearly their favourite.

I don't think Pamela has been overmarked apart from last night, when I think she should have had 32, but one instance of overmarking doesn't make you the judges' favourite - Ann was overmarked last night too! If anyone's getting consistent overmarking in my opinion it's Scott - last night was the first time I felt he deserved the mark he got. Kara should have had a couple of 9s for her technical precision, but she wasn't woefully undermarked, and I think it will work to her advantage in the long run as she can creep up from behind and 'surprise'. And of course it is possible to win without ever topping the leaderboard, don't forget that.