Re watching Lost

I started this last week just started series 2 now and i am noticing a lot more this time around like the numbers they are literally everywhere like the gate number 23 at the departure lounge at the airport anyone else started re watching:)

Comments

• billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    WOW on series 2 episode 1 at 36:16 behind Locke in the hatch i have noticed a woman and it does not look like kate:eek::confused:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't watch it ever again after that Deus Ex of an ending.

I feel so cheated.
  • billlythekidbilllythekid Posts: 5,080
    Forum Member
    I can't watch it ever again after that Deus Ex of an ending.

I feel so cheated.

Yh the ending sucked however the story up until Season 6 is great:)
  • Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    I never had a problem with the ending, in fact I liked it a lot. Nice way to see all the charactetrs :)

I just wish some of the answers were explicilty stated in the show such as the death of pregnant woman etc. Although you can figure out why I would have liked some character to explicitly spell it out for confirmation.

Love Lost, my favourite tv show of all time. Such fantastic writing and utterly brilliant characters :)
    Hoping to get S6 for Christmas to complete my collection.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    lost makes me sad because the last season was so very poor, a million ways they could have expanded that story and they literally pulled the plug on the island and didnt explain what it was or anything.

Up until then it was brilliant but frustrating

I re-watched a few seasons and I think season 1 has Locke and Walt playing the game with the black and white pieces - very clever once we see how that relates to Jacob and Man-In-Black!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Lost at the time, but the thought of re-watching it all makes me feel tired. I would like the big box set with all the seasons, but cant see myself owning / watching it for a long time.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    id rather wait a good two years then rewatch it

its too fresh in my mind right now
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    id rather wait a good two years then rewatch it

its too fresh in my mind right now

I agree, I will wait for the complete box set to come down in price, maybe when the complete blu ray box set is under £100 I will consider it, until then, I can wait

Also, I too felt cheated by the end:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes the ending was pretty poor, I may watch it again but would wait many years before doing so.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    What did you all want from the ending? Please don't say answers, as we had plenty of those. I'm happy knowing the smoke was created from the light in the pool.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did you all want from the ending? Please don't say answers, as we had plenty of those. I'm happy knowing the smoke was created from the light in the pool.

So much was left open to interpretation, why didn't Richard age, where did the light come from, why were Jacob and MIB special, and what was MIB name...

What was the light, why could the island move..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    So much was left open to interpretation, why didn't Richard age, where did the light come from, why were Jacob and MIB special, and what was MIB name...

What was the light, why could the island move..

We know why richard did not age, same reason as Jacob as jacob gave him the drink in the richard centered episode. But I think once Jacob died richard started to age.

But your right, many questions unanswered
    Forum Member
    We know why richard did not age, same reason as Jacob as jacob gave him the drink in the richard centered episode.

But your right, many questions unanswered

IMO if every question is answered then it's almost like the audience are being spoon fed. Losties are still discussing what certain things represented and the main character stories were resolved. Michael Emerson who played Ben says it's like the end of a good book and I agree.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    What was the light,
    A small amount of the same energy that the after life is made from. A gateway to the afterlife.
    why could the island move..
    The light was in the heart of the island. The laws of time & space did not apply to the after life/the light, and by extension, the light's immediate surroundings, i.e. the islands.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you all want from the ending? Please don't say answers, as we had plenty of those.

We may have had plenty answers as you put it but so many questions didn't get answered.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started this last week just started series 2 now and i am noticing a lot more this time around like the numbers they are literally everywhere like the gate number 23 at the departure lounge at the airport anyone else started re watching:)

I have been re watching them for the last few weeks.
    Am also on season two and watched episode 9 last night which was an Mr. Eko episode.
    Forum Member
    We may have had plenty answers as you put it but so many questions didn't get answered.

See my comment about being spoon fed. Thanks
  • JonPaulWildJonPaulWild Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite like the ending of Lost, but I just didn't like the way they handled the smoke monster. I thought it was killed off too early in the finale and that we got a poor answer in Across the Sea.

After watching the commentary Damon and Carlton do hint that
    1) Mother was smoke monster, which means is she was both black smoke and protector of the island. It was only till her final few days that she gave power to Jacob and then Jacob killed his brother.

2) The chamber with the cork in was built after Jacob sent his brother into that chamber of light. Which then begs another question, why was the cork chamber built in the first place? Damon and Carlton made comments about how the light was dammed up and looked less bright than it did when we saw the cave in Across the Sea. So what the hell was down in that chamber when MIB went down it and got transformed? Easy to say there's a pool of light, but was there? All the stuff was built after he was send down there as hinted by Darlton on season 6 commentary.

Now, if that's true then that means there is no cork when Mother dies. When Flocke 'dies' the cork is out of place. Are we to assume that Flocke isn't actually dead. Well his body his perhaps just like mother, but the smoke itself could still exists and then why didn't it take over Jack when he was in the pool of light before he put the cork back into place.

I also noticed that viewing today, when Jack and Flocke are lowering Desmond down that Flocke's hands are bleeding - which shouldn't happen till the cork is opened and then his 'powers' are gone.

I do feel a bit cheated with Dharma. They were this dominant group on the island, but they seemed to be forgotten once season 5 ended. Would of been nice to give them more of a purpose till the finale.

Also, what's up with young Jacob appearing to Flocke with blood on his hands and then appearing to Hurley towards the end of the season.

Also, what the hell happened to Christian and Yemi's body? Nothing happened to Locke's body once smokey transformed him to look like him.

Also somethign that bugged me is how easy everyone was with Flocke taking over Locke's body and following him. They knew he was the black smoke, but after everything that black smoke has done (killing Pilot, Eko etc) I would of thought they would be cautious.

I loved the ending of Sundown and Flocke stare down with Kate. I hated how in following episodes there was nothing and she was in camp Flocke. They just seemed to follow this guy so easily.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See my comment about being spoon fed. Thanks

I did see your comment but i didn't agree with it hence why i posted what i did.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    A bit early for me to re watch Lost yet. I do think that with Lost though they probably did about a season and a half too many. I do think that season two didn't really have that much of a point to it, apart from setting up Ben's situation.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    A bit early for me to re watch Lost yet. I do think that with Lost though they probably did about a season and a half too many. I do think that season two didn't really have that much of a point to it, apart from setting up Ben's situation.

The trouble with Season 2 is they had to make changes with certain characters because the actors had to/ wanted to leave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gradually buying up the seasons at the lowest possible price for a future watch. I had no problem with the way it ended, preferred season 6 to season 5.

Play.com are selling seasons 3 & 4 for £5.99 each and season 5 for £9.99 today only if anyone is thinking of taking the plunge!
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    The trouble with Season 2 is they had to make changes with certain characters because the actors had to/ wanted to leave.

Yeah that was one of the problems with Walt and co. Plus getting the characters arrive as well!
  • rowens08rowens08 Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the complete boxset for christmas and couldn't wait to watch the first episode again, its very similar to the ending scene with Jack waking up in the black suit & the ending with him closing his eyes in the suit .....think I will wait now for a few months to watch the rest of the seasons....
    I loved the ending & was very happy & satisfied with it. Lost will be my all time favourite show....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I have also just rewatched lost. saw a lot of foreshadowing. especially for hte flash sideways.. anyway alot of answers are made clear in the official lost encyclopedia.
    as for some of the answers to questions on the shiw, they were there, they just didn't answer howd you expect.

1) Richard didn't age because he didn't want to age. (so jacob made him that way) it was only when he realised he wantd to age did he find tht grey hair.

2) Why did the island move? Was it one of jacobs rules???

some questions people want answered are really irrevelent biut i have some key ones like what the hell was jacobs cabin? i always though it was a gateway to him!11