Food Picture Thread

Comments

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Impressive. I've seen them made and it doesn't look easy.
    This one was much easier than the traditional method! I looked it up and there's no way I could do it. So, I used a Jamie O recipe:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/amazing-indian-dosa
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    This one was much easier than the traditional method! I looked it up and there's no way I could do it. So, I used a Jamie O recipe:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/amazing-indian-dosa
    Some funny comments there :D
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still hanker for South Indian food after my holiday last month…I recreated 'masala dosa' (crispy pancake with spicy potato). Served with cucumber raitha and lime wedges. Not quite as good as back there, but tasted nice anyway:

dosa yummy

inside

potato mixture

I will keep this thread alive singlehandedly if I have to!

Beautiful food and photos.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Beautiful food and photos.
    Thanks Epi.
    I was studying some YouTube videos of South Indian recipes yesterday. I'm keen to recreate the famous 'chicken 65', a dry-ish spicy chicken snack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is my first attempt at cooking Chicken Manchurian, a spicy Indo-Chinese popular in South India, where I enjoyed it immensely. This is hardly available in London, so I thought I'd recreate it yesterday.

And here it is, delicious!

I used this recipe. It was complex but worth it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx2Ddex2u5M

I think Youtube is a really fantastic way to learn cooking.

The only thing I left out was the fresh green chillis, yet the dish was still hot!
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last nights cheese, ham, spinach and tomato omelette.

21mem8m.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i wouldn't post your home baking pictures in here, as you get nasty comments being made
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i wouldn't post your home baking pictures in here, as you get nasty comments being made

As long as your food is alright, ignore people who moan about your pictures. Those pasties look pretty good to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made some chicken tikka yesterday so thought I'd have it in a wrap.

vy5xsk.jpg
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last nights cheese, ham, spinach and tomato omelette.

21mem8m.jpg
    Wow! They look like pizzas :p
    How many eggs?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow! They look like pizzas :p
    How many eggs?

3 in each. These were for the wife & MIL, I prefer a just set one folded over but they like theirs like Frisbees. Peasants!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

Do you really? I am surprised and disappointed about that. This has always seemed like the most friendly placcid part of the forums. Even pets gets wild. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is on the "Squirrel" thread but it's a meal I once had served to me in Ecuador.
    Guinea Pig.
    Only the intestines missing.
    EcuadorNov08062800x600.jpg
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is on the "Squirrel" thread but it's a meal I once had served to me in Ecuador.
    Guinea Pig.
    Only the intestines missing.
    EcuadorNov08062800x600.jpg

Bleugh ! Thanks for that, Toby. I feel ill now ! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fillet steaks I got reduced to £6.50 (for two), cooked to perfection! (med-rare). Served with spinach, potato (with cheese triangle) and gravy with black pepper:

2zjlvdd.jpg

29dftyd.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the cheese triangle, Victoria?
    Is that a baked potato with cheese topping?
    Questions, questions......:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the cheese triangle, Victoria?
    Is that a baked potato with cheese topping?
    Questions, questions......:)
    The triangle is on the potato!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last nights Cottage Pie. Tasted far better than it looked!
    2mph5qc.jpg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2mph5qc.jpg
    Anything with a golden, crunchy, cheesy topping straight out the oven is bound to be delicious, so I can half imagine how good it tasted. Yummyville.

After my New York trip and my newly-acquired taste for buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup, strawbs and whipped cream, I decided to re create it today: 30myer8.jpg

It was delicious, but as a newbie to this style of pancake, I ignored the internet's advice not to over mix the batter, and they were not quite as soft as I would have liked them, but still yummyville all the same, and I will learn for next time.

I spent £6 on the small bottle of maple syrup but it was nowhere near as good as I had in New York.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Fillet steaks I got reduced to £6.50 (for two), cooked to perfection! (med-rare). Served with spinach, potato (with cheese triangle) and gravy with black pepper:

2zjlvdd.jpg

29dftyd.jpg
    Looks perfectly cooked!
    Anything with a golden, crunchy, cheesy topping straight out the oven is bound to be delicious, so I can half imagine how good it tasted. Yummyville.

After my New York trip and my newly-acquired taste for buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup, strawbs and whipped cream, I decided to re create it today: 30myer8.jpg

It was delicious, but as a newbie to this style of pancake, I ignored the internet's advice not to over mix the batter, and they were not quite as soft as I would have liked them, but still yummyville all the same, and I will learn for next time.

I spent £6 on the small bottle of maple syrup but it was nowhere near as good as I had in New York.
    What brand of syrup? Most does tend to be authentic Canadian so shouldn't be too bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks perfectly cooked!

What brand of syrup? Most does tend to be authentic Canadian so shouldn't be too bad.
    It's this one…and on finding this link it seems that this one was specifically made for the UK market, why didn't they just give us the good stuff?! lol

http://www.thedieline.com/blog/2012/10/23/buckwud-canadian-maple-syrup.html
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some funny comments there :D

TBH, though the technique may be similar it really will taste quite different.
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2mph5qc.jpg

nope, looked home cooked and delicious,.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Do you really? I am surprised and disappointed about that. This has always seemed like the most friendly placcid part of the forums. Even pets gets wild. :D

nah, it was just one poster called jazzyjazzy or someone, being a bit rude..I posted a thread about home made pasties and she commented on them saying one is ok, other is out of focus and one is blurred ..I think she was either eating a Gregg's pasty at the time or doesn't have a camera lol :D

its nice on this forum :)

Mmm will have top make some more pasties again soon :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a simple lunch today, as I'm having pie later.

Baguette with ham, tomato, mayo, Frenchies American mustard, light mayo and flat leaf parsely:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/160781/E902CF38-3AC5-42C6-9E25-2D8CBD1F19AA_zpszcsjdywk.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/160781/CBCD90BF-1F36-4F2D-8105-65FD7FD2BFFE_zpshy9fu06r.jpg

It was yummy!