✭✭✭
    I loved this week's as always. Was gutted it was sooooo short :(
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HollyC wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind, but I fixed your post for you :D

Perfect edit.:D:D

It shouldn't have been cut in length for Alan Carr's programme.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Hills is doing a dvd taping at Hammersmith Apollo on 22nd September.

Oh, I'll give you a wave.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I didn't, I got it, just don't like the segment.
    I don't care about Adele, don't care if she's fat, don't care if Joan Rivers take the piss out of her on US telly. Don't care about Kate. Don't care if she's pregnant. Don't care if she's been papped on a private island.
    I think that if he's having a rant to get elected then there's plenty of other targets who he could call dicks.

Blimey, I thought it was just a bit of fun on a Friday night. I didn't realise this was the official Adam Hills Party manifesto.:confused:
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adam Mills came across as such a 'RIGHT ON' tosser with that Adele rant. Does he know that Joan Rivers has been doing that sort of cutting humour for decades?? Adele isn't going to let you kiss her chunky arse Adam get over it. She's not this innocent ickle flower, did you hear her make a point of not liking musicals when she got her Oscar? I don't like Les Mis either but was that really necessary from her when they had also won awards.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pob-Bundy wrote: »
    Adam Mills came across as such a 'RIGHT ON' tosser with that Adele rant. Does he know that Joan Rivers has been doing that sort of cutting humour for decades?? Adele isn't going to let you kiss her chunky arse Adam get over it. She's not this innocent ickle flower, did you hear her make a point of not liking musicals when she got her Oscar? I don't like Les Mis either but was that really necessary from her when they had also won awards.

Joan Rivers does humour:eek:

Not that I've ever heard.

The point was her massive hypocrisy - and the support it gives to the 'you must look a certain way' types.

The first "Your a Dick" was not a "ahhhh leave the poor little royals alone" but "don't peddle inane, intrusive stuff as news" (ironically, if they did that we'd never see 'royal news').
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    Joan Rivers does humour:eek:

Not that I've ever heard.

The point was her massive hypocrisy - and the support it gives to the 'you must look a certain way' types.

The first "Your a Dick" was not a "ahhhh leave the poor little royals alone" but "don't peddle inane, intrusive stuff as news" (ironically, if they did that we'd never see 'royal news').

But why did he have to get so rattled about it?? Because it was Adele or anyone successful and constantly in the media? If Joan Rivers had said the same about someone like Rosie O Donnell do you honestly think that he would have ranted like that? He wouldn't have cared less. I have this annoying feeling that Adele's going to be a dish out can't take back type, she's not this sweetheart people make her out to be big or not big. I don't usually watch this show but after catching it I'm steering clear, just a horrible bland leech of a presenter.
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #isitok that with each episode I see, my crush on Adam gets bigger and bigger?

:D
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miffed this show has been trimmed back to 30 minutes.

Could not give a single shit about Alan Carr or Paddy's TV Guide.
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »

Shorten the only decent programme on to squeeze in yet more low grade chav crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pob-Bundy wrote: »
    But why did he have to get so rattled about it?? Because it was Adele or anyone successful and constantly in the media? If Joan Rivers had said the same about someone like Rosie O Donnell do you honestly think that he would have ranted like that? He wouldn't have cared less. I have this annoying feeling that Adele's going to be a dish out can't take back type, she's not this sweetheart people make her out to be big or not big. I don't usually watch this show but after catching it I'm steering clear, just a horrible bland leech of a presenter.

Whoosh!!!! (that was the noise of the point flying way over your head)

His point was nothing to do with Adele, and everything to do with Joan Rivers. It's not a matter of Adele being the "dish out can't take back type" - she had no part in what he said.

Joan Rivers has had so much plastic surgery, every time she smiles she pull her knickers up. There's enough skin behind her ears to wrap a Christmas present. She's in no position to be criticising people for the way they look...she looks like a freak but, like most people who go under the knife of the "cosmetic surgeon" doesn't seem to know that they almost always look better before than after
  • ednwirelandednwireland Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    beiber youre a dick :D
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, are you okay? :D

Seriously annoyed that the show has been reduced to make way for the Carr / McGuiness rubbish on afterwards.
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    f_196 wrote: »

Same, i don't understand why Alan Carr has to start at 10 as it could easily start at 10.15 as unlike the last leg it is pre-recorded so can be on at any time tbh. which would give the last leg 45 mins which is better than 30.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, are you okay? :D.

Both the addresses - to Justin Bieber and Kim Jong-un - were spot on!
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm I the only one who thinks that Kim Jong-un looks like someone's up-scaled a baby?
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm I the only one who thinks that Kim Jong-un looks like someone's up-scaled a baby?

Perfect description:D
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    DFI wrote: »
    Whoosh!!!! (that was the noise of the point flying way over your head)

His point was nothing to do with Adele, and everything to do with Joan Rivers. It's not a matter of Adele being the "dish out can't take back type" - she had no part in what he said.

Joan Rivers has had so much plastic surgery, every time she smiles she pull her knickers up. There's enough skin behind her ears to wrap a Christmas present. She's in no position to be criticising people for the way they look...she looks like a freak but, like most people who go under the knife of the "cosmetic surgeon" doesn't seem to know that they almost always look better before than after

Why the 'you're being a dick' still needs explaining, I don't know.
    On the point of Joan looking like a freak, I always thought she was a good looking woman and she's ruined her looks.
    I suspect she's got a plastic surgery addiction or a huge self image problem, probably the latter.

As a fair few of us said when it started, it really does suffer from being too short.
    Duncan didn't get a chance to get into his stride, I know he was there because Dragons Den is coming back, but he's got a dry sense of humour and can be good value given a chance.

We've now got 3 recurring themes.
    Is it, OK?
    Dude are you, OK?
    You're being a Dick.
    If we get to 4, we won't need guests.
  • gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    This show is now way too short channel 4 please sort it out :(
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Channel 4

If you cut down an amusing, popular show that has shown itself to be better in its extended format just to make way for a couple of shows that could easily be put on 15 minutes later (or not at all ;)) -

you're being a dick!
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tweeted asking why it's shorter again and that it just doesn't work as well in 30 minute slot. Seems other have been asking the same too.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Oh the Alex dressed as a Dear and fan finish deserves a mention :)
    I didn't see that set-up and pay-off.
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh the Alex dressed as a Dear and fan finish deserves a mention :)
    I didn't see that set-up and pay-off.
    I liked the deer/table hockey too :p
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4

If you cut down an amusing, popular show that has shown itself to be better in its extended format just to make way for a couple of shows that could easily be put on 15 minutes later (or not at all ;)) -

you're being a dick!

I can see T-shirts with that on becoming popular. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    I've just caught up on Friday's show and love it more every week. It's one of the few shows that really has me laughing out loud. It really deserves a proper 50 minute slot. I agree with previous comments that as a live show it should have more time as pre recorded shows can go out at a later/different slot without much difficulty. The isitok questions are brilliant and it's great to see guys like Adam and Alex answering the questions with humour. If we were all a lot more educated about some of the problems faced we might be a more understanding and inclusive society.

Apart from all that though, bottom line is these guys are just hilarious!!