Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Les Miserables (again!) 10/10 - simply fabulous
    The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug - 7/10. Mainly for the cinematography, special effects and make up, which were excellent. A great cast, working really well together, too, but the film felt a little over long with some scenes shot with an eye to bringing the story into the modern age. Not bad, though.
  • dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug 10/10. Even better than part 1 can't wait for 3, Peter Jackson can't make the films long enough in my eyes and I'm hoping for the special editions as with LOTR trilogy :D
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Quiet Ones - Don't waste your time.

It tried to be different from other films of its ilk, but because it tried too hard not to be like those, it failed spectacularly.
  • AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shes the man
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    The Thing :D

It's still good in this day and age haha
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE CANYONS - 8/10

interesting little drama, showcasing the glitterly lives of twenty-somethings in los angeles ..... but has a deeply brooding and disturbing undercurrent! could also think of it as a throwback to the exploitative eighties movies

has surprising performances from everyone all round, and lindsay lohan :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    World War Z - 2/10 - I thought it was truly awful, and it's got me thinking about when I last saw Brad Pitt in what I thought of as a decent Movie.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grave encounters - much better than I was expecting - 7/10
  • zooropazooropa Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Devils due 4/10 still better than the reviews had given it but still not good lol
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 372,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Aristocats (1970) - 10/10. Such a charming animation :kitty:

Pocahontas (1995) - 10/10. One of my favourite Disney films.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serpico - One of Al Pacino's finest performances.

8/10

The Raid 2: Berandal - I was completely exhausted going into the cinema after a long day so I don't know if I ever was going to enjoy it. But I had one of the worst cinema experience ever. A couple next to me wouldn't shut up throughout the film and were giggling at every opportunity annoying me to death. By the final hour I wished the film would quickly wrap up. I don't know how much I could've taken from the film. The premise wasn't as good as the first Raid which was a concise high concept movie. This however was more baggy with the crime thriller elements, despite the more OTT action scenes. I don't know, maybe my surroundings and my tiredness clouded my judgement and its really a masterpiece. I'll probably see it again when it comes out on Blu-ray/Netflix.

4/10

Toy Story - Even after all these years and two sequels later, the first Toy Story is still my favourite of the trilogy :)

9/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Carter 7/10 - It's a bit cheesy and did drag a little towards the end. But overall, it was entertaining enough. (Netflix)

It did remind me of Flash Gordon but without the funky and cheesy music. I think if it had used a theme song like Flash Gordon, it would have made it better.

Now I've got that damn song in my head.... :D
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summer Magic [1963]. Director: James Neilson

7/10

One of those family films that Disney produced to star Hayley Mills. A Boston family down on their luck move to the countryside. Mills' English accent is left unexplained.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    Grave encounters - much better than I was expecting - 7/10
    The sequel is pretty decent.:-)
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Them - 1954 American film about giant ants (caused by radioactivity from atomic bomb tests) attacking people and stealing loads of sugar. Good film with plenty of amusing dialogue. Very good picture quality (DVD).
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Trance - enjoyed it, especially seeing Rosario Dawson in the nuddy.
  • highnalhighnal Posts: 2,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier - 7/10
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 8/10
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Them - 1954 American film about giant ants (caused by radioactivity from atomic bomb tests) attacking people and stealing loads of sugar. Good film with plenty of amusing dialogue. Very good picture quality (DVD).

One of my favourite films ! and one of the best of the creature 50s sci-fi movies .. yes dated special effects but such a good story !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    just watched Antichrist :o

This was on extreme season on film 4 other year..i still have it on in my recorded library, and watched it again..good acting , sad and very disturbing scenes
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THE BLING RING - 7half/10

rather enjoyable little tale of some thieving little bastards getting their just desserts nicking stuff off of rich snobs :D

SPRING BREAKERS - 8half/10

almost dreamlike, more enjoyable and less clothe-y version of the above :D
    also slo mo shooty shooty in bikinis
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,018
    Forum Member
    A View To a Kill - Flat script, wooden acting at times from usually good actors. The action set pieces are unconvincing even for this era of Bond. 3/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Empire of the Sun [1987]. Director: Steven Spielberg

7/10

Not Ballard's best book and not Spielberg's best film.
  • InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    toy story 3

8.5/10
    excellent
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,163
    Forum Member
    The Wizard of Oz (1939) - 9/10
  • MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 372,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stardust (2007) - 10/10