Options

Jon Venables ID'd....apparently

Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So there's a picture of 'Jon Venables' floating round on twitter.

What if it isn't him?

Fair enough, it looks like him, but I have friends who grew up looking nothing like they did when they were youngsters. Two pictures fifteen years apart is nothing in the way of proof, in my opinion.

And there's a name attached, which I obviously won't post. If this person isn't him, and is named, is it fair to make his life a living hell over this?

Twitter certainly does have a lot to answer for.

Comments

• Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought that the whole letting him out and giving him a new identity was far too easy on him; he should have been left to rot in prison for all his days; that way nobody would be able to tweet pictures of him.

So yes, as vile as it makes me sound, I do beleive making his life a living hell is totally fair.
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do not retweet or link to it.

That's something that is clear breach of the law, and you could get a mighty hammer hit you.
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_DNAP wrote: »
    So yes, as vile as it makes me sound, I do beleive making his life a living hell is totally fair.

But what if this picture isn't him?
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't grass
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    If it's the pic of 'him' eating something it's been on google images for ages. Like others have said, though, if it isn't him then not really a good idea at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got a new identity because of idiots going around trying to be hard men, wanting to claim to have done him over.

He got a new identity because the idiots are that stupid they beat up innocent people such as paediatricians up for thinking they abuse children.

I am glad he got a new identity because if he was living near me damned right I would not want anyone to know.

:mad:
  • Options
    Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what if this picture isn't him?

As far as I understand it, the person pictured has been clearly heard claiming to be him; so either it is him or it's a complete dimwit who is just about now realising how stupid he is for making up such an incredulous thing to say.

Either way it's hard to fully sympathise,
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    If it's the pic of 'him' eating something it's been on google images for ages. Like others have said, though, if it isn't him then not really a good idea at all.

it's not
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I understand it, the person pictured has been clearly heard claiming to be him; so either it is him or it's a complete dimwit who is just about now realising how stupid he is for making up such an incredulous thing to say.

Why on earth would the real JV do that ?
  • Options
    weirlandia4evaweirlandia4eva Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He got a new identity because of idiots going around trying to be hard men, wanting to claim to have done him over.

He got a new identity because the idiots are that stupid they beat up innocent people such as paediatricians up for thinking they abuse children.

I am glad he got a new identity because if he was living near me damned right I would not want anyone to know.

:mad:

This. Totally agree
    and I blame the gutter press for feeding the frenzy in order to generate sales.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth would the real JV do that ?

Well he could hardly be called "normal" who knows what he would do?
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    So there's a picture of 'Jon Venables' floating round on twitter.

What if it isn't him?

Fair enough, it looks like him, but I have friends who grew up looking nothing like they did when they were youngsters. Two pictures fifteen years apart is nothing in the way of proof, in my opinion.

And there's a name attached, which I obviously won't post. If this person isn't him, and is named, is it fair to make his life a living hell over this?

Twitter certainly does have a lot to answer for.

Good of you to draw attention to it though :)
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Or a third option: You've heard wrong and the person in the picture is an innocent party who hasn't been claiming to be him.
  • Options
    ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    The story is on the front page of the BBC news site. It's hardly a secret.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So just rumours and hearsay then?

I wish people wouldn't pull shit like this. It's really not helpful. Neither is going on about it when they do.
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Venables has been deleted.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It took me ages to realise the op meant identified rather than asked for ID when buying booze. :o
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What exactly is the point of identifying him. All that will happen is that he'll be moved, given a new identity that will cost even more money (which no doubt people will complain about).

This stupid vigilante behaviour achieves nothing.
  • Options
    blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very concerned about the seeming confusion between pictures of the boys, as they were then. That two pictures of the same boy are being confused with a picture of each! :eek:
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Him and Robert Thompson should never have been named in the first place.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    It took me ages to realise the op meant identified rather than asked for ID when buying booze. :o

Aw, bless!
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moony wrote: »
    What exactly is the point of identifying him. All that will happen is that he'll be moved, given a new identity that will cost even more money (which no doubt people will complain about).

This stupid vigilante behaviour achieves nothing.

inb4 WHAT ABOUT THE VICTIMS STOP SYMPATHISING YOU MONSTER
  • Options
    MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    inb4 WHAT ABOUT THE VICTIMS STOP SYMPATHISING YOU MONSTER

:D:D:D You've been here far too long ;)
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vosne wrote: »

Exactly. I am guessing that quite a few people will be trotting off to Twitter now to try to find the picture.

Nice bit of free publicity.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly. I am guessing that quite a few people will be trotting off to Twitter now to try to find the picture.

Nice bit of free publicity.

Quite.

Mind you, I'm posting in this thread so perhaps am slightly undermining myself. Bugger.
This discussion has been closed.