Options

Show Me The Telly (New itv daytime game show)

yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A new game show "Show Me The Telly" starts on Monday (25 Nov), presented by Richard Bacon,

The show tests how much celebrities know about television to win up to £3,000 for charity. Chris Tarrant leads a team of celebrities each episode against a team of civilian contestants.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show_Me_the_Telly)

This from itv press release:

"Show Me The Telly is the television archive-fuelled quiz that pits the wits of a team of TV Lovers against a trio of TV Legends.

Each day, host Richard Bacon presides over three time-served TV know-it-alls captained by Chris Tarrant who are all looking to display their prowess as they play against a team of friends, family or colleagues all trying to outdo them with their impressive knowledge of TV trivia and hopefully walk away with £3000 at the end of the show."

Its been a while since we had a TV themed quiz, I miss Telly Addicts, I love TV and even Telly Stack, just wish I had seen the search for contestants earlier.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week48/show-me-telly#.Uo3Q98TIa-N

Comments

• Options
    Mystic DaveMystic Dave Posts: 1,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things must be getting really desperate for Tarrant!:) Even the title is a rip off: http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-22922 with the very doable Louise Noel. :cool:
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't we please just have The Chase back...? >_> These game show substitutes just seem to be getting worse and worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why isn't in HD?

from wikipedia: Picture format 16:9 576i SDTV
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't we please just have The Chase back...? >_> These game show substitutes just seem to be getting worse and worse.

Actually its better that The chase and Tipping Point take a break otherwise they will get really stale like Countdown, Deal or No Deal and Come Dine With Me. Plus its a chance to try something different, I am actually looking forward to this new show.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why isn't in HD?

from wikipedia: Picture format 16:9 576i SDTV

Wiki is wrong!!
  • Options
    LordmilkymilkyLordmilkymilky Posts: 309
    Forum Member

It's not going in the same slot as The Chase...its going in at 4pm so not a replacement....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not going in the same slot as The Chase...its going in at 4pm so not a replacement....

So its a Tipping Point replacement :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    Oh goody another show with bloody zelbs in, just what we need :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Blimey knock the show already why don't you and the show has not even aired yet.

All I will say the show is a refreshing change instead of having Tipping Point and The Chase constantly rammed down your neck. I say that because maybe one of the teams playing against Tarrant and Co in the series might feature little old me, you just have to watch and find out ;)
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have Peter Andre and a member of TOWIE been booked to appear? It isn't an ITV show if one of those wankstains doesn't at least make an appearance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Has Peter Andre and a member of TOWIE been booked to appear? It isn't an ITV show if one of those wankstains doesn't make an appearance.

Have a look at the ITV Press Centre release and you'll find out neither are on which was certainly pleasing to hear ;)
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hooray, I may just watch now... Not guaranteed yet though, I can bet some of the "celebs" are the usual ITV fodder of has-beens and halfwits.
  • Options
    CharentonCharenton Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed. The Pressure Pad on the Beeb at 3.00pm is absolute rubbish. I only managed 5 minutes of the first show. Don't particularly like John Barrowman anyway.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's a close relative of Noel Edmonds' old Telly Addicts. Anything involving Richard Bacon guarantees I won't be watching in any case.
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huh, I suppose I'll give it a go. What harm can it do, eh? Maybe it will entertain me somewhat.
  • Options
    10monty10monty Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Not sure I can stick more than one episode of this
  • Options
    Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've given up on it already. It's just cheapo rubbish, without any proper structure. Never again.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone lost a bet by the looks of it.

Bacon, Tarrant and Feltz on the screen at the same time? Sheesh, they never gave this a chance!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    PMSL,,,its a free for all, what are the rules, its like watching a family play a quiz board game at Christmas.

Bacon almost gives the answer in the question, they are that easy
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Format problems really. In that it has no format, just complicated rules.

"Win, Lose or Draw" would have been a better bet if ITV wanted some "celebs" vs "public" banter.

Alternatively, just have a famous person on each team with two members of the public.

20 episodes of this....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    sadly Its no Telly Addicts
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually it might be dumped after 5 episodes since it's surely going to crash and burn in the ratings.

Normally in a first episode of a new quiz show you have a winner. The producers move around episodes to ensure this.

So what happened? Did no one ever win?
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telly Addicts with fewer clip rights, and gameplay cribbed from eggheads.

Crap - in other words.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only person who quite enjoyed it?? I liked how relaxed it was, nice easy viewing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was ok, but slow, and too long by about 30 minutes.