The Anna Mistake

scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So somehow the girl with the most youtube views (over four million) hasn't made it through to the lives. Ok all this happened back in December, so Will wouldn't have known but still...

Anna had the potential to win it because she's so memorable and uniquely different to the rest. The three he's got, they all have great voices but no chance of winning it. In the final round its probably going to be Sally/Christina/Rachel. He has no-one in his team to compete with them. Anna might have been the answer, going off her Youtube views, she is the most popular this year. Are people really going to vote for Jermain, Isher, Sophie in their millions? I just don't feel it. Bad, bad move. Ricky knew it too. If she'd picked him, she'd have gone through over Emily.

I heard today she has recorded at Universal studios since being knocked out. Suspect she's not under contract (yet)

Comments

• ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but the harp is just a gimmick. Without it she's not very good.
  • JonGTFCFanJonGTFCFan Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Her performance in blinds = her performance in battle = her performance tonight.

There was no journey, and I think it was a mistake her using the harp in all three rounds. Purely vocally she maybe falls fractionally short of the rest of Will's (very strong) team, but her 'sound' is the one I liked the most - if everyone of the last 28 released albums, hers would be the one I would buy.

I also think she'd shift one of the highest amount in record sales out of any of them.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonGTFCFan wrote: »
    Her performance in blinds = her performance in battle = her performance tonight.

There was no journey, and I think it was a mistake her using the harp in all three rounds. Purely vocally she maybe falls fractionally short of the rest of Will's (very strong) team, but her 'sound' is the one I liked the most - if everyone of the last 28 released albums, hers would be the one I would buy.

I also think she'd shift one of the highest amount in record sales out of any of them.

Similar thoughts to me, its about the overall sound and brand image. Anna could have won it.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing different about Anna was that she played the harp, which I think would have got boring after a while. Very good singer but nothing particularly exceptional, imo.
    Forum Member
    I think there was something a bit different about her voice tbh. If it was X-Factor, where they sing for like 9-10 weeks, I think i'd agree (she reminded me of a better version of that Irish girl that started favourite but went out after 6 or 7 weeks), then yeah her predictability would stand out, but the Voice is so much more of a sprint that the fact she has just the one style shouldn't count against her. Certainly didn't for Leanne or Andrea,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    The mistake was not taking a match to the harp.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was no mistake Will made the right choice.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    She is good and interesting but could hardly compete with Christina Marie or Sally :o though I'm sure would walk it against Rachel. I thought Will would pick Anna but I expect he is being tactical and messing it up as per.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should have picked Anna over Sophie. Anna has 3.5 million more views of her audition on youtube. You can't argue with that. Sophie bores me
    Forum Member
    She is good and interesting but could hardly compete with Christina Marie or Sally :o though I'm sure would walk it against Rachel. I thought Will would pick Anna but I expect he is being tactical and messing it up as per.

'Never compete with' is a bold statement in a country where singing reality winners include Leon Jackson, Michelle McManus, Leanne Mitchell and Joe McElderry.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    He should have picked Anna over Sophie. Anna has 3.5 million more views of her audition on youtube. You can't argue with that. Sophie bores me

You can because it's not the youtube followers who vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying she has the best voice , but that's not what happens when it comes to public voting, it goes down to the overall sound, brand and back story.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    She leaves me a bit cold. The harp carries her.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but the harp is just a gimmick. Without it she's not very good.

It the same with eagles... they may seem great at catching mice... but if you cut their gimmicky wings off they are rubbish at it.

..and those bloody fish..sure some people say they can swim but take away the gimmicky water away and they are useless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On her twitter thread, one of the One Direction boys is supporting her. That's a good few thousand votes she could have bagged.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    JonGTFCFan wrote: »
    'Never compete with' is a bold statement in a country where singing reality winners include Leon Jackson, Michelle McManus, Leanne Mitchell and Joe McElderry.

I see, well maybe she would have had a chance then :cool: However, this is The Voice and Leanne Mitchell had an amazing voice even if not such an amazing career.
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On her twitter thread, one of the One Direction boys is supporting her. That's a good few thousand votes she could have bagged.

Her performance brought a tear to my eye.
    Forum Member
    I see, well maybe she would have had a chance then :cool: However, this is The Voice and Leanne Mitchell had an amazing voice even if not such an amazing career.

Hmmm...

Agree to disagree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Callous wrote: »
    It the same with eagles... they may seem great at catching mice... but if you cut their gimmicky wings off they are rubbish at it.

..and those bloody fish..sure some people say they can swim but take away the gimmicky water away and they are useless.

That's brilliant :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will had a hard choice to make. After Jermain and Iesher he could have picked any of them, (except the not very good guy).
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Callous wrote: »

And rabbits are great runners, but cut off their wings and their back legs won't carry them far :D
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »

He made some very odd choices. I didn't get the Nomakosie love either. Most of the memorable ones have been knocked out last night - Femi, Anna, Jazz, James Byron, Jai. What on earth was Kylie thinking putting two interchangeable young blonde guys through.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Crazy decision from Will, but expected because it's Will

Should have picked Anna over Iesher.
  • opal88opal88 Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enya with a harp. He made the right choice.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Anna's voice it's beautiful but maybe it's just with the harp I haven't heard her with out the harp so I don't know. Maybe Will was worried she'd come across boring in the liveshows.