My only regret about Liverpool winning the league this season

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
Forum Member
Don't get me wrong, I'll be overjoyed when Stevie G gets his hands on the trophy in May, but there is one small part of me which is full of regret: this should've been Kenny Dalglish's team, not Brendan's.

Brendan has done a terrific job and he will forever have a place in our hearts after winning our first league title after so long, but if Kenny had just been given a couple more years then I feel sure that this success would be happening under his watch.

In an ideal scenario Kenny would bow out at the end of this season having won us the league and then someone like Brendan would've come in to take us forward and defend our title. I just feel a bit sick at the way Kenny came in and rescued us and was then forced to make way before he was able to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

I hope that when Brendan gives his first interview after winning the title he will pay tribute to the work Kenny put in and how it was Kenny who built the foundations for this success.

Comments

• Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And so it begins.
  • MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Embarrassing thread. Wrong on so many levels.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way Kenny Dalglish would have won the title if he'd still been in charge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    There's no way Kenny Dalglish would have won the title if he'd still been in charge.

There's no reason whatsoever to think that.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kenny dalglish would have taken you closer to the championship than any league title to be honest.

Dalglish was a man who had you playing awful football and his time had long gone
  • Conor McHaleConor McHale Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dalglish was awful, the reason why Liverpool are doing so well now is because Rodgers had the balls to clear up his mess and put his own stamp on the team.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fail did you even think before typing?

lets let this thread die to where it should.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no reason whatsoever to think that.
    One word - Andy Carroll. Liverpool deserve to win the title if they do.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how an LFC fan can decry Brendan Rodgers.

As much as it pains me to say this, Rodgers has proved to be a marvellous manager, even if LFC don't manage to win the title.

It would almost be fitting for him to win the title because it will prove that top class management can still produce trophies in the face of sugar daddies, oligarchs & sheikhs.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm...Liverpool haven't won it yet!

Dalglish was struggling to get Liverpool anywhere near the top four in his last time in charge. Brendan Rogers deserves all the plaudits for getting Liverpool working as an effective cohesive team playing attractive attacking football.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I'll be overjoyed when Stevie G gets his hands on the trophy in May, but there is one small part of me which is full of regret: this should've been Kenny Dalglish's team, not Brendan's.

Brendan has done a terrific job and he will forever have a place in our hearts after winning our first league title after so long, but if Kenny had just been given a couple more years then I feel sure that this success would be happening under his watch.

In an ideal scenario Kenny would bow out at the end of this season having won us the league and then someone like Brendan would've come in to take us forward and defend our title. I just feel a bit sick at the way Kenny came in and rescued us and was then forced to make way before he was able to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

I hope that when Brendan gives his first interview after winning the title he will pay tribute to the work Kenny put in and how it was Kenny who built the foundations for this success.

No. This is all BR and to think Dalglish deserves credit is crazy.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...It would almost be fitting for him to win the title because it will prove that top class management can still produce trophies in the face of sugar daddies, oligarchs & sheikhs.
    ...And that is refreshingly a much better story than a Dalglish fairy tale ending!
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    And so it begins.

And i thought us Gooners were bad :D

Anyone but Jose for me tbh,
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    No. This is all BR and to think Dalglish deserves credit is crazy.

Seconded.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dalglish will always be a legend to me, But I prefer a new dawn under Brendan Rodgers any day sorry.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    I love how people are actually taking this thread seriously.

This is the same guy who had accounts posing as a United fan, City fan and **** knows how many others. Have the sense to see through the sh*t and not waste your time.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    One word - Andy Carroll. Liverpool deserve to win the title if they do.

And Suarez. :kitty:
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    I love how people are actually taking this thread seriously.

This is the same guy who had accounts posing as a United fan, City fan and **** knows how many others. Have the sense to see through the sh*t and not waste your time.

Exactly, spot on.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    My only regret is that real Liverpool fans have to put up with this crap.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything we've done to get this far is all down to how brilliant Rodgers has been.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I already said I love Brendan and he's been wonderful for us but a part of me just feels bad about the way we let Kenny go. It seems like I'm on my own with this one. :(
  • alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    In the first line of the OP is the phrase 'when SG gets his hands on the trophy' - which as a LFC fan I hugely object to - as would BR, as would SG and as would KD - all 3 true LFC people who know above all to not count any chickens.

As many will know I did not want KD sacked when he was and do think unlike some of the contributors on the thread that he had us playing well at times - 2 wins at SB, winning the LC, winning at AFC, several wins V EFC ...etc but that has gone now and today is 100% the wrong time to bring up KD again. BR has been awesome as LFC boss and if we win the PL the credit will lie almost entirely with him.

I am also quite sure that at the right time BR will give KD the praise due to him - as BR has said he can never replace KD who was and will always be one of LFCs biggest ever legends alongside the likes of Shankly. I am also equally sure that at the right time KD will hugely praise BR as that is the measure of the man.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Kenny Dalglish will be delighted if Liverpool win the title, no matter who the manager is.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    My only regret is that real Liverpool fans have to put up with this crap.

Absolutely! Thats the only problem with our team doing well this season, it has brought out all the numpties who couldn't be bothered supporting us last year, and the year before that.

I'll be first to admit there have been some very embarrassing posts by Liverpool fans recently and I wish they would stop it and be a bit more humble about things!