This Life Repeating!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
Forum Member
For those of you, like me, who missed 'This Life' the fist time around, it is being repeated, from the start late nights on BBC2 from Monday. 2 episodes per night to be finished in time for the '10 years on' special at Christmas. Hurrah! :D

Comments

• CabbagesAhoy!CabbagesAhoy! Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goonette wrote:
    For those of you, like me, who missed 'This Life' the fist time around, it is being repeated, from the start late nights on BBC2 from Monday. 2 episodes per night to be finished in time for the '10 years on' special at Christmas. Hurrah! :D

Goonette - You are in for a treat.

Do we have a date for the one off special yet?
  • fi~fi~ Posts: 5,481
    Forum Member
    oh great, will be good to see it again in time for the special
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Would Esther Rantzen still be doing it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Goonette - You are in for a treat.

Do we have a date for the one off special yet?

No date that I saw. TV guide just said Christmas. I am looking forward to it, being late twenties I think I had other things to be up to when it was on originally. ;) Now I'm a boring old (ish/er) fart I am home more so can watch it (also have the benefit of Sky+ so definitely won't miss any!)

Hurrah!!
    Forum Member
    And it's starting tonight, I am so excited!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    when is the one off catch up on then ???
    Forum Member
    SAMP4674 wrote:
    when is the one off catch up on then ???

Christmas, so I hear :)
  • Hollo and GonchHollo and Gonch Posts: 4,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goonette wrote:

You'll have to report back with your views on it! :)

I wonder if it will have the same impact for you now as it did for me ten years ago?

In terms of the style of the programme, it might look quite normal today, but the way it is lit and directed was fairly radical for a UK drama back then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    YAY! :D

Can't wait!
  • union_jakunion_jak Posts: 4,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never saw it first time around, so I wouldn't mind seeing what the fuss is all about, but it's on too late!!
  • rubypuddingrubypudding Posts: 2,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic!! Sky+ is up and ready to go :D
  • draig gochdraig goch Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine too !

Saves buying the box sets :D
  • Lee CoolLee Cool Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Id love to watch it all over again, i might watch tonight for a bit but its on a bit late!
    shouldnt they have put it on a bit earlier! or maybe repeat on BBC3 straight after EastEnders the following day might be good!
  • tallordertallorder Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would Esther Rantzen still be doing it?

Don't worry Simon - I got your joke :)
    Forum Member
    You'll have to report back with your views on it! :)

I wonder if it will have the same impact for you now as it did for me ten years ago?

In terms of the style of the programme, it might look quite normal today, but the way it is lit and directed was fairly radical for a UK drama back then.

indeed I will report back. Won't watch it tonight as I just got in from work and am shattered but am working at home tomorrow morning so might watch a sneaky episode then ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And lots of nudity, sex, and drug-taking!

Quite strong even by today's standards!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    egg in the buff :eek: very nice madam!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen it before (I would have been 9/10 originally), but I'm watching now!
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was brilliant seeing it again. Now feel quite old
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How young did Egg look?! Aww and his lovely bum. & Milly's minging boss with his hairy back. Aww Loved Anna phoning Miles' girlfriend while they were having sex & telling her to 'shut the f*ck up'. Ah happy days :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many episodes are there, and is it on everyday?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Classic. So good to have them back. But it's rather weird. I'm now older than the characters (I was a lot younger than them before) so am watching it in a different light, what with career decisions to make, partnership issues, etc.

I was worried it would seem a little stale and '90s, but actually watching it again after this long a break is much better, and it still stands up today I think – Anna's leopard coat is so now ;)
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Week:

Last Night - 1 Episode
    Tonight - 3 Epiodes
    Wed - 2 Episodes
    Thur - 2 Episodes

Next Week

Mon - 1 Episode
    Tues - 3 Episodes
    Wed - 2 Episodes
    Thur - 1 Episode
    Fri - 1 Episode

Week After Next

Mon - 2 Episodes
    Tue - 2 Episodes
    Wed - 2 Episodes
    Thur - 2 Episodes
    Fri - Not Yet Published

Watched it last night and I love it aready. I was only 12 when it originally went out. All future episodes are now Sky+ed!

Paddy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you sure about that? They showed 2 eps last night, and I'm sure the announcer blokie said they were showing 2 eps a night Mon-Thurs until the Xmas specials…

???
  • crowning73crowning73 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    yeah, I heard that as well, broadcast twice a week.

well, anyway, great cast, brilliant tv, I've always compared it to Friends due to the room-sharing style and liked it better! It's more centred to a sort of real-life working guys, they just seemed never to work in Friends!