Options

Missing Charlie Stubbs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
Forum Member
✭✭
I think this storyline has laid an egg so to speak. It started out good but has gone completly boring. They should have just kept charlie alive and gotten rid of his character is someother way. they could have left it open for his return. Personally, I miss him.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He certainly didn't deserve to die the way he did. I found it really upsetting. :(
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed his exit.
  • Options
    PIDGASPIDGAS Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and it's nice having someone you love to hate.
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved his exit and am glad to bully has gone for good. Bill Ward is a good actor though, and deserves some work after Corrie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,166
    Forum Member
    But now we've got David! :)
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss him. The bitch should still be locked up and serving her sentence, not swanning around acting like some comedy character.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoiler alert: He's not really dead, he's just hiding out in the Dales.
  • Options
    grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    And his acting is still crap.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    I will never forgive Tracy for killing him >:(
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    I miss him. The bitch should still be locked up and serving her sentence, not swanning around acting like some comedy character.

Bloody hell Nathan, where did you dig this old thread up from? And more to the point, why? :D:D:D
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Bloody hell Nathan, where did you dig this old thread up from? And more to the point, why? :D:D:D

2007!!! I never noticed :blush: I can't believe it is that long ago since he was killed though :(
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Bill Ward in emmerdale is ruining my memories of Charlie Stubbs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Spoiler alert: He's not really dead, he's just hiding out in the Dales.

This - watch Stubbs in Emmerdale.

Jeez - a more than 7 year old thread bumped - that's got to be some sort of record lol.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grauniad wrote: »
    And his acting is still crap.

I think he's brilliant and it's good that his character on ED is totally different.
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's brilliant and it's good that his character on ED is totally different.

He's making Adam Thomas look good that's how bad he is.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes me laugh when people talk about an actor being crap. Its their day time job and they will work with the scrip given to them. If a script is not very demanding there is no way even the best actor in this world can make the story line any better. We forget these actors are only acting in soaps.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I loved Charlie but I am not keen on James, he is miserable and pouty and not really very good. :(
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Not keen on James in the Dales.

I personally think they should create a secret child from a one night stand for Charlie. They've now grown up and wanted to track down their dad, only to find that Tracy murdered him. So they start stalking Tracy for revenge (like Thomas King did in Emmerdale with Chas) and punish Tracy for stealing the opportunity for them to finally bond with the father they never knew.

Shame it wouldn't happen. :(
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You may try and make Tracy some comedic character Corrie, but by bumping this old thread it shows we viewers haven't forgotten that she is a cold blooded killer. Writing her as a stupid comedy character doesn't redeem her. No doubt her stupid deal with Tony goes tits up and Rob gets the blame and she will get off Scott free.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are we seeing these old threads? He is still dead
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    He's gone to look older on Emmerdale!
  • Options
    Meesh_RedshawMeesh_Redshaw Posts: 2,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Bill Ward as Charlie Stubbs, but not keen on him as James in Emmerdale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Bill Ward as Charlie Stubbs, but not keen on him as James in Emmerdale.

Think its most likely because much of the audience are already familiar with him as Charlie Stubbs, TBH. What a Corrie legend, IMO.