First players you try to sign when playing football game

Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Be it Fifa career mode or PES master league my first port of call is to try and sign:

Theo Walcott
Neymar
Lucas Moura
Gareth Bale
David Luiz
Rafael
Oxlade Chamberlain
David Alaba
David De Gea

All players a exceptionally fast which makes all the difference.

Comments

• KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well on Fifa I signed Llorente first to have a proper number 9 for Liverpool then I try to get Lucas Moura and move onto bolstering the defence but on Football Manager I managed to get Subotic for Liverpool and my next port of calls will be Kyle Walker and a new goalkeeper however I always have a look at Walcott. I tried to sign Defoe too but Spurs wanted £48 million for him and I was thinking less than 10 lol
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I signed Llorente in Fifa 12 and found him to be very slow and ended up selling him in the next transfer window at a colossal loss.

I also signed Kyle Walker in Fifa 12 and he was very fast, definitely a player I'd add to my list.
  • KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not been too bad for me but I've only played a couple of games cos I'm playing be a pro mode and loving it
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oxlade Chamberlain
    Thiago
    Criscito
    There's a cheapish RB i've signed for the last few years too can't remember his name just tend to do a blanket search to find him.
    RVP (don't need to now if i play as MU)
    Used to always sign Subotic and Bale when he was cheap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who plays for York City....given they are automatically immense!

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Arsenal and for the last 3 FIFA games I've bought Marcelo for LB and Abate for RB.

As for the opposite to your question I always get rid of Mertesacker because his pace is shocking! And bendtner just because I generally dislike him. He could turn awesome in the game but I dont care haha
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always sign Henri Saivet in football manager, he's young, has awesome stats and can be put in the first team straight away and do well.
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emanuel Riverié from Toulouse.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on Football Manager I managed to get Subotic for Liverpool

He is just TOO slow, to be in any of the team's defences I manage..
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I always sign Henri Saivet in football manager, he's young, has awesome stats and can be put in the first team straight away and do well.

He never works for me......I can't even find him on FM2013 demo
    Willbert wrote: »
    Emanuel Riverié from Toulouse.

Emmanuel Rivière??

Maybe its just the demo, but he ain't available either
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on the mode and the settings that is on. Usually its a World Class player purely because they are the only players who can improve the team. The likes of Bale due to his ability to play most of the left side of the field, whether wing back, left midfielder or winger.

If in a team made up, default settings. Never get why people buy the ones who are fast and have zero other abilities, they are shockingly bad and can be defended against. Depending on budget, much better getting a centre midfield that can control the game, defend when needed to and help out the attack when possible... they are usually made up names.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the last football manager 2012, depending on the budget (for availability) and a good clearout of the squad (Premier League).........then Mahmadou Sakho, Claudio Marchisio, Salvatore Bochetti, Thiago (Barca), Jack Robinson, Yaya Sanogo, Jack Collinson - building for the future
  • PES 2009PES 2009 Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorenzo Insigne, an Italian striker is lightening fast. Runs rings around defenders.

Currently on 97 Sprint and Acceleration.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    On FIFA 13, Abate of Milan is a really fast Right Back who you can usually get for less than 10 mill.

On a budget, for a season or two Miroslav Klose is brilliant (especially as sub) and you can get him for about 5 mill.

Joe Hart is pretty cheap too (I got him for 10).

If you're looking to cash in~I went on a big selling spree at Liverpool and bought James Rodriguez from Porto for 21.5 mill in August.

He played quite well in my 3-4-2-1 and in January I sold him to PSG for 50 mill - replaced him with Neymar for 30 mill. (Better player imo and it meant I paid 1.5mill net for him).

Walcott too is a great option as I got him for 8 mill (probably because he only has 1 year left on his contract at the beginning of the game).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theo Walcott, a better footballer on a game than he ever will be in reality.........fact
  • matty168matty168 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    Be it Fifa career mode or PES master league my first port of call is to try and sign:

Theo Walcott
    Neymar
    Lucas Moura
    Gareth Bale
    David Luiz
    Rafael
    Oxlade Chamberlain
    David Alaba
    David De Gea

All players a exceptionally fast which makes all the difference.

David De Gea's attributes are pretty poor for a premier league keeper, why would you try and sign him?