The Satyrdays - Higher ft. Flo Rida

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If there's a third single Died In Your Eyes must be released. It'll flop as a single but will really sell the album over the Xmas period which is far more important.
  • Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given up on them to be honest. They should just disband so Vanessa can go solo. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so close to giving up on The Sats altogether. First three singles in a row that I dislike, then the mini-album-I-already-own-half-of rip off, then they announce the second tour in a row where the nearest they're going to me is still three hours away. And now this. I was really looking forward to them releasing a single I actually like (the last one I liked was Work, over a year ago now) and now I've lost all interest in it being released because I know I'll hate the single version.

No disrespect to Flo Rida, I'm sure he's lovely and he is talented, but personally I really don't like his music, even when he's just featuring on someone else's song, and I don't want him anywhere near Higher. As for The Sats, it's just another thing in a long line of disappointments and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to remain a loyal fan.

I might be overreacting and I'll probably cringe if I read this back later, but right now I'm pretty pissed off with them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why?!

It's a great pop tune by itself without having to feature a hip-hop artist. With all due respect to Flo Rida, I just hope he doesn't ruin it.

They really are desperate for that elusive #1 chart placement.
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they don't get their long-awaited no1 with Flo Rida then it well and truly will be incredibly embarassing for them. I don't know why getting a no1 is so important to them (no1s aren't what make you, good selling albums do) but it just comes across as being very desperate to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbbnbbb wrote: »
    September 27
    Enrique Iglesias ft. Nicole Scherzinger: 'Heartbeat'
    I Blame Coco: 'Quicker'
    Kelly Rowland: 'Forever And A Day'
    Kylie Minogue: 'Get Outta My Way'
    Labrinth: 'Let The Sun Shine'
    Magnetic Man ft. Katy B: 'Perfect Stranger'
    The Saturdays: 'Higher'
    Selena Gomez And The Scene: 'Round And Round'
    Tinie Tempah: 'Written In The Stars'

That's the week's releases

What were they thinking pushing this forward?? Too many big releases this week!

Against the likes of Kylie, Tinie Tempah, Labrinth (think this will be a big hit)
    and Enrique too I think the girls may miss out on #1.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie's no big threat as a single seller anymore though
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's clear that this EP is the Sats last chance before they get dropped, hence them dragging in Flo-Rida for attention.

The fact is, this band has never really been a success, their label must be making a huge loss, after they hired all those big producers for their last album for it to sell just 35k.

These girls are just following the rent-a-rapper trend. There's nothing wrong with it, Alexandra and Usher have done it and it worked for them, but adding a rapper to a song that doesn't need it is silly. They are desperate, and this collab is a sign of their desperation.
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbbnbbb wrote: »
    September 27
    Enrique Iglesias ft. Nicole Scherzinger: 'Heartbeat'
    I Blame Coco: 'Quicker'
    Kelly Rowland: 'Forever And A Day'
    Kylie Minogue: 'Get Outta My Way'
    Labrinth: 'Let The Sun Shine'
    Magnetic Man ft. Katy B: 'Perfect Stranger'
    The Saturdays: 'Higher'
    Selena Gomez And The Scene: 'Round And Round'
    Tinie Tempah: 'Written In The Stars'

That's the week's releases

Hmm that is a pretty strong competition and the saturdays will not debut high in that week. Kylie will probally be number one (probally drop the next week), Tinie won't, he'll chart high (defo top 5) but it won't be number one. Labrinth i haven't heard but i my guess will be debut at 2 because of the massive CD singles kylie gets then replace her at number one the next week. Selena and Kelly for top 20, THe saturdays won't make the top 10 that week, Enrique has no chance of being number 1 either.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I am so close to giving up on The Sats altogether. First three singles in a row that I dislike, then the mini-album-I-already-own-half-of rip off, then they announce the second tour in a row where the nearest they're going to me is still three hours away. And now this. I was really looking forward to them releasing a single I actually like (the last one I liked was Work, over a year ago now) and now I've lost all interest in it being released because I know I'll hate the single version.

No disrespect to Flo Rida, I'm sure he's lovely and he is talented, but personally I really don't like his music, even when he's just featuring on someone else's song, and I don't want him anywhere near Higher. As for The Sats, it's just another thing in a long line of disappointments and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to remain a loyal fan.

I might be overreacting and I'll probably cringe if I read this back later, but right now I'm pretty pissed off with them.

I understand not liking Forever Is Over and Missing You (although I adore the latter) but how could you not like Ego? :eek: It's easily one of their best songs ever.

I'm not liking Flo Rida being on Higher at all. :( The song is amazing and doesn't need a pointless rap added to it.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    how could you not like Ego? :eek: It's easily one of their best songs ever.

I don't like Ego, either. I think it's a bit rubbish. Work is great, though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I think Higher would've had a chance at number 1 if released middle of October, even if Flo Rida wasn't on it.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Kylie's no big threat as a single seller anymore though

I agree. Kylie is no threat full stop. It's taken years for her to have a big hit (all the lovers) and her albums are not having everyone go and rush and buy. Kylie is the least of anyone's worries. Cheryl cole could thrash Kylie in a single battle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bye bye unas note :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You were right babe the orginal was better its going to sound alwful, i thought higher was like right round and though it would work but nit sure how it can tbh.

do we know how big a part flo has.

it's most likely the bit where vanessa and una sing together? and una has her note :/
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Not sure what to think of this, but I reserve judgement til I hear the new version of Higher. Shame they had to have a rapper on it, the song's good enough as it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what to think of this, but I reserve judgement til I hear the new version of Higher. Shame they had to have a rapper on it, the song's good enough as it is.

i suppose the management are thinking of getting a big star on it. Yes it was good before hand, but it'll shake the track up a little bit.

Besides, im glad their doing a collaboration, it's been a long time coming!
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    it's most likely the bit where vanessa and una sing together? and una has her note :/

Poor Una she never seems to get a chance its really annoying me now cant they cut out one of the other girls parts for a change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish

lol :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will everyone please stop being so downbeat!

SERIOUSLY.

yeah, they're doing a collaboration, SO WHAT? everyone does it.

Secondly, to everyone suggesting this mini album is their 'last chance', the label must know less people are going to buy a mini album than a full album, i really just think this is just a money maker to pay for wordshaker, then they can move onto their next album.

Simple as.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

if you were a sats fan, a true one, you would travel. I am.

last time, they come to Ipswich, this time their not, god knows why.

Personally, their latest materials ALOT better than chasing lights.

I have disappointments with them, but i just love the girls individually, they're just always happy, and just bring a smile to your face.

that's why i stay loyal, anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    It's clear that this EP is the Sats last chance before they get dropped, hence them dragging in Flo-Rida for attention.

The fact is, this band has never really been a success, their label must be making a huge loss, after they hired all those big producers for their last album for it to sell just 35k.

These girls are just following the rent-a-rapper trend. There's nothing wrong with it, Alexandra and Usher have done it and it worked for them, but adding a rapper to a song that doesn't need it is silly. They are desperate, and this collab is a sign of their desperation.

i just think they want a number one, simple as really. only they're releasing on the wrong week!

i dont think this is a last ditch attempt, imo, headlines was made just to make up some money to cover wordshaker. This girl band has such potential, and their label cant really expect a mini album to sell as many copies as a full album would, surely?
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Una she never seems to get a chance its really annoying me now cant they cut out one of the other girls parts for a change.

I bet Una will be the first one to leave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Una will be the first one to leave.

i don't think anyone will leave.

they're the best of friends, if you watch the saturdays 24/7 (the tv show, i don't mean being a stalker, haha) they all admit that they're best friends aswell as band mates, and they all go out together when works finished. Which is good to have.

I think, if anyone was to leave, it'd be because the band had broke up as a whole.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    james-dean wrote: »
    i don't think anyone will leave.

they're the best of friends, if you watch the saturdays 24/7 (the tv show, i don't mean being a stalker, haha) they all admit that they're best friends aswell as band mates, and they all go out together when works finished. Which is good to have.

I think, if anyone was to leave, it'd be because the band had broke up as a whole.

^ This.

They all see each other as sisters and they're genuine friends, which is refreshing as most girl bands end up with rivalries and ill feeling etc.