VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the Les Mis 25th Anniversary DVD from the 02 for Xmas, and he's great in it. I recommend any Les Mis fan to get it, as the original 1985 cast appear in it at the end. I'll be watching this tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I got the Les Mis 25th Anniversary DVD from the 02 for Xmas, and he's great in it. I recommend any Les Mis fan to get it, as the original 1985 cast appear in it at the end. I'll be watching this tonight.

I was going to buy a copy today but the shop had run out so I'll have to get it online
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I was going to buy a copy today but the shop had run out so I'll have to get it online

Get it! I didn't know I was getting it, so it was a nice surprise.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Matt on stage playing Thenardier and he's superb... and I loved him singing 'Master of The House' with his good lady!!!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen Matt on stage playing Thenardier and he's superb... and I loved him singing 'Master of The House' with his good lady!!!:D

That would be Jenny Galloway??
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little bit of over-egging of the pudding going on when they say that Matt Lucas was the only person on stage at the O2 to have never performed in the show before. That was only because Cam Mac used the London production as a bloody dress rehearsal for some of the performers in the weeks running up to the O2.

Prediction: Trevor Nunn won't be appearing in this documentary..............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    A little bit of over-egging of the pudding going on when they say that Matt Lucas was the only person on stage at the O2 to have never performed in the show before. That was only because Cam Mac used the London production as a bloody dress rehearsal for some of the performers in the weeks running up to the O2.

Prediction: Trevor Nunn won't be appearing in this documentary..............
    WONG!!! Trevor has just been on!!! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh, I was wrong. Trevor appears. Old footage? Not sure.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OF COURSE Valjean had to be played by Colm!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Weird seeing all this old Barbican footage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    OF COURSE Valjean had to be played by Colm!
    I hadn't realised he entered the Eurovision song contest... and of course so did Michael Ball... a few years after his Les Mis stint!

Awww I love Cameron!!! He's such a lovely guy and thank goodness he brought us Les Mis!
    I first saw it when the young, slim, Michael Ball was Marius! :D

I remember those dreadful reviews but how wrong they were when it's still going 25 years later and in so many other countries!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Official: Roger Allam is morphing into Brian Blessed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awww I love Cameron!!!

[TrevorNunn] I don't [/TrevorNunn]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Worth watching again on iplayer simply for the scene of the TV critics sitting around dissing it. The chairman is actually wearing a suit made from the material his chair is upholstered with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Allott... I remember when he was married to Anneka Rice!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Little girl walks in"...............pursued by bear?
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm enjoying this. I usually don't like Matt Lucas at all, but he's coming across well in this, and I'm loving all the old clips of the original cast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a patch on Susan Boyle.................................;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question - does the current Fantine stand up to Ruthie's rendition?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marius is the wettest part in modern musical history...................OK, Raoul is a close second.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A straight documentary on Les Mis would be fine - not seeing what the whole Matt Lucas element is adding .... Maybe that's because I don't really like him...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The armourers must have fun during a run...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The armourers must have fun during a run...

Not sure what they use these days. We had rifles with blanks and a massive blasting cap for the finale of the main battle, and security was very tight, as was health and safety. I have a feeling they can't get away with that these days, but I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Marius is the wettest part in modern musical history...................OK, Raoul is a close second.
    I liked Michael Ball as Marius but not Gareth Gates... he was wet!
    Question - does the current Fantine stand up to Ruthie's rendition?
    My least liked Fantine is Madalena Alberto, who was in the 25th Anniversary tour. I loved Ruthie Henshall and Lea Salonga too whom I was a fan of when she did Miss Saigon. I also like Kerry Ellis whom I first saw in We Will Rock You, another of my favourite musicals!

I can't wait for the movie... but who will play Jean Valjean? I'd love it to be John Owen-Jones!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucas is crap, isn't he...