Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McFly were lovely, although Tom did look a bit bemused when I asked him for a hug. And when I taught him a norty word...
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    realwales wrote: »
    Max Bygraves is still alive, and even has his own website and email address. My mother also thought he was dead when I mentioned him recently!
    He lives in Australia now.

Reminds me, one of my Aunt's was a silver service waitress back in the day, and worked at loads of Variety Club type events - Tommy Copper and Eric Morcombe were apparently just lovely, always gentlemen and would have the waitresses etc in complete hysterics, Mr Bygraves however was not so nice, had a very bad reputation of picking on and making younger staff cry, and sometimes his soup didn't just contain soup.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simone Lahbib (Bad Girls/Wire in the Blood etc.) was so lovely. We met her after a play she did in Manchester a few years ago and she was so friendly, signing stuff, chatting, having photos, hugging people etc. And then I wrote to her at the theatre, thanking her and she sent me a little note back with a signed Bad Girls pic. And judging by the handwriting, she even wrote the envelope too. :D
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my dad met tommy cooper and bruce forsythe in the 60's said they were both very rude(he worked in a mens tailor shop
  • ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    Chris Tarrent (spent an evening with him *not like THAT* and he was just as you see on TV). Loads of energy and a genuine, very generous person
    Yvette Fielding - highly strung at times but very down to earth. Has a heart.
    Derek Acorah - caring person.
    Becca from Hollyoaks (sorry don't know her real name) - very polite
    Veronica from Brushstrokes held the door open for my Mum so she could leave hospital after having me...Mum said she was lovely!
    June Whitfield - did lots of good things for our school, lovely lady.
    Richard Blackwood - was ok
    Claire from Eastenders/HollyOaks - really nice, down to earth girl
  • SuburbanqueenSuburbanqueen Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Diana Rigg..absolute cow. I used to work ina famous Knightsbridge store. She came in and wanted cashmere jumpers...sat down and threw her credit card at us.

Farrah Fawcett-Majors......delightful woman. Also, Michael Caine is lovely and his wife.

Met Barbara Castle once at the airport and she was utterly charming.

I am quite old !
  • ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    Doesn't surprise me about Diana Rigg - saw an interview with her once and she came across a right stuck up mare!
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, Michael Caine is lovely and his wife.

Yes, they are charming. I met them at the premiere of Batman Begins a few years ago and Sir Michael was very jokey and laid back, and his wife was a delight.

Lovely couple.
  • soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy Connolly - joyously rude! A lot of people don't get it but he is creatively rude - kind of follows you to continue his insult. Magic! Hint of a wink when he told me where I could put my pen and paper. If you think about it you've got a better story. telling someone that Connolly told you to "eff off" is like saying Angelina Jolie kissed you or hayden Christensen had an umbrella fight with you.
    Esther Mcvey - not a good experience at all. She visited a refurbished call centre prior to a corporate event, she was like an agitated nine-year-old you have to drag around the shops. Not nasty, really, just odd and awkward.

re: Rigg, Black (Jackie Collins too?) - any woman Paul O'Grady hangs about with isn't going to be sweetness and light is she? He kind of 'collects' Bette Davis/Joan Crawford-esque biotches, no?
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kittomic wrote: »
    My gran met Paul Newman at a hotel and he was the nicest bloke she'd met she said. He made a big fuss of her dog and chatted for ages. this was at the height of his career in the 60s so says a lot for the rude z listers who need to learn a few manners.

I'm extremely jealous, great actor, hasn't exactly been hit with the ugly stick, and seems to be such a decent guy. The world is a poorer place without him!
  • leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the same petrol station as Alan Coren, an author I've loved for years. Wouldn't dream of asking for an autograph (what's the deal with that?) but he was waiting behind me in the queue to pay, so I chose that opportunity to quietly tell him how much I loved his work.

When I was a child I met Princess Diana twice, both times an outstanding memory. Also met Charles and Camilla - he was abrupt and she looked at me as though I'd farted in her face. Come to think of it, next time I have the misfortune to meet her, I might just do that very thing :D

I've met prince charles and he was a lovely curteous well-spoken(!) man. He had a lovely aura about him.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Probably the nicest celeb I've met was the late, great Quentin Crisp. Very friendly, approachable & utterly charming man :)
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many years ago I met Simon le Bon and John Taylor (Duran Duran) and what lovely polite guys they were (as well as being very nice to kiss. Oh yes!)
    I didn't quite meet him but I was in the same room as Nigel Havers (actor) who had come to do a speed awareness course in West London and I was on the same course! He might have been nice but I think he was more embarrassed about being there with all the other plebs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the celebrities I've met, I've thankfully never had a bad experience as they've all been lovely and happy to pose for photos and sign autographs :D

Nicest
    Jayne Torvill & Christopher Dean - who I've met about 4 times this year. Really lovely people and v.down-to-earth. Always willing to make time for their fans.
    Karen Barber is exactly the same really lovely.

Really nice
    Well I've met most of the DOI pros & Celebrities and they've all been really lovely.

Some of my favourites were Bonnie Langford who spoke to all her fans, and just came across as really genuine & nice. Suzanne Shaw & Kyran Bracken who I met outside a hotel were really lovely and chatted to me and my mate for ages. Jason Gardiner is the complete opposite of the "Mr Nasty" we see on TV, he's actually really sweet and stopped to chat to us and sign autographs before he went in for a show. Chris Fountain was so sweet and happy to have pictures with us too.

From the pros my favourties were Dan & Kristina Dan was driving past but stopped his car when he saw us waving and got out for pictures & autographs which was really sweet and we bumped into Kristina in town, but she still stopped and chatted to us.

Apart from that I was working as an extra on a film recently with Bruce Jones, who was really nice. He came outside and was chatting to us all, and whilst there were breaks in filming he was making us all laugh. Also Felicity Jones was in the film and she was really nice & down-to-earth.

And finally Jennie from BB6. Not a major celeb, I know, but she was in our local shopping centre and spent ages chatting to everyone :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    laura_g wrote: »
    John Barnes was lovely when I met him way back in 1990 and he comes across as being just as nice nowdays.

I accidently bumped into Danniella Westbrooke in my local shopping center when I was around 13 and she quite nicely said 'Watch where you're going you silly little cow!' To which I quite nicely replied 'Watch who you're talking to you funny earred little cokehead!'

Genius reply to Daniella - LMAO :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not so nice....

Zoe Wannamaker
    Cilla Black
    Jodie Marsh
    Pharrell

Lovely....

Alesha Dixon - nicest celeb ever!
    Ant & Dec
    Zoe Ball
  • kts2kkts2k Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    George Galloway- a mean, self centered (would say also a w*nker!!) old man.
    I went to a lecture that he had at my university about the media and how it censors things. The media students were invited to ask questions, advice etc. One student used a quote from Galloway. Galloway said he will sue for slander! He kept going on and on. Asking for the students details etc because he was going to sue.

There were no members of the press, so he should have shut up. I met him afterwards. He was slimey and creepy.

David Unsworth, the complete opposite. A complete gentlemen who always talks to me in the pub, and waves to me in the street!

Dara O'Briain- really funny and extememly tall! He's a giant but really nice!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kts2k wrote: »
    Dara O'Briain- really funny and extememly tall! He's a giant but really nice!

LOL! ...because real giants are normally right b*:st*rds!:)
  • Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I've met Matthew Corbett. My then girlfriend made me come along to the Sooty Show at the Hexagon in Reading back in the early 90's on the pretence of taking her niece. We went to the stage door afterwards for autographs and I suspect that Mr Corbett, being used to chatting to the under 10's, was a little confused but rather pleased to find a grown woman desperate to sit on his knee and get his (well, Sweep's) autograph.

He was very charming and fabulous with the kids.

That's a nice story!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    Soapsrus wrote: »
    Not so nice....

Zoe Wannamaker
    Cilla Black
    Jodie Marsh
    Pharrell

Lovely....

Alesha Dixon - nicest celeb ever!
    Ant & Dec
    Zoe Ball

I have always got the impression from Alesha that she ALWAYS has time for people, shes very down to earth and would never have a diva moment.

I'd love to meet her, not only is she beautiful but shes so talented, a great role model for young girls. :) I absolutely love her.
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone else worthy of a place on the Nice list:

Patrick Swayze.

He didn't sign autographs because I think it would have been too big a security risk (the crowd when I was there was massive) but he did come out of the theatre after each performence of Guys & Dolls in London to speak to the crowd and shake hands with anywhere near enough and came across as a lovely, classy guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imogen M wrote: »
    Someone else worthy of a place on the Nice list:

Patrick Swayze.

He didn't sign autographs because I think it would have been too big a security risk (the crowd when I was there was massive) but he did come out of the theatre after each performence of Guys & Dolls in London to speak to the crowd and shake hands with anywhere near enough and came across as a lovely, classy guy.

That's nice to hear...he does come across as down to earth and is always described as one of the nicest guys in hollywood.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Ant and Dec are lovely.
    As are the Proclaimers and Colleen McLachlin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to my earlier message re. Cilla Black.

It must have been 15 years ago at the height of Blind Date when she came into the restaurant I was working in. She demanded to have a private room which wasn't possible and proceeded to be a pain and nuisance. An elderly lady approached her table and Cilla snapped 'No autographs.' Quick as a flash the lady replied, 'I was just coming to tell you how much I despise your music, television shows and behaiour to staff.'

Cilla and her people stormed out absolutely furious. We later received a letter of complaint from her PA which caused great mirth among staff.

Vile, shrill, shrieking old hag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    froglet wrote: »
    Miss chaos, do you have any tips about entering competitions?

LOL. First of all you have to enter competitions, as people say they don't win but don't actually try

Go for things you really want and be persistent. There is also some luck involved.

I'm acutally typing this from a laptop that I won a couple of years ago. I've won lots of things from concert tickets to tv's, sky tv subcriptions and things like awards shows/tv shows etc.

Reading thru all the posts, I've remembered that Boy George came into my Dad's shop years ago in the East End and my Dad said out loud to me and my sister "There's Boy George". Boy George stormed off in a huff.