Options

A quick question for the Conservative supporters....

Comments

• Options
    Jellied EelJellied Eel Posts: 33,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wholeheartedly agree. But do you know what makes me sicker? Seeing this whole boo-hoo, my team didn't win crap that is now being exploited indeed under the guise of altruistic concern.

Yup. So how much of the concern disabled or vulnerable people have is down to 'disability groups' playing politics instead of helping the people they're meant to be supporting. One Tory policy is to look at charity reforms to weed out some of the pseudo-charities that are little more than political lobbying groups. They can often take a lot of public money that could be better spent providing care than funding lavish social events.
    Outside of pithy forum posts, real life goes on and for those hardy souls living it, the day before yesterday is going to be no essentially different as will the day after tomorrow, they'll just be getting on with it and not playing any blame game.

Yup. The people affected don't have much choice, and the people that really care tend not to go into care professions for the money. I think a lot of the cuts are actually going to go towards getting rid of the overhead so money can actually be spent on care instead. But that means the 'executives', who enjoy their well-funded lifestyles and aren't going to go without a fight.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. So how much of the concern disabled or vulnerable people have is down to 'disability groups' playing politics instead of helping the people they're meant to be supporting. One Tory policy is to look at charity reforms to weed out some of the pseudo-charities that are little more than political lobbying groups. They can often take a lot of public money that could be better spent providing care than funding lavish social events.

Yup. The people affected don't have much choice, and the people that really care tend not to go into care professions for the money. I think a lot of the cuts are actually going to go towards getting rid of the overhead so money can actually be spent on care instead. But that means the 'executives', who enjoy their well-funded lifestyles and aren't going to go without a fight.

This is where I could cry for my sister, I really could. Her son my nephew is now nearly 12, and it's getting close to impossible for her to be his sole, permanent carer any longer. But yet in the Local Authority in which they live, Social Services and Education are offering nothing, whereas, if she lived in the Local Authority I do, both their lives would be truly enriched by the provision on offer.

Both red-until-dead Labour councils, yet one can offer the truly disabled what they need and the other can't, despite not particularly drastic differences in demographics and budgets. And that's the fact - the 'government' of the day can splash the cash or make the cuts as they see fit, and we can all howl about how unjust the GE result was, but in the end it really does all come down to how the purse-string holders at LOCAL level choose to spend. People just don't seem able to get their heads around that fundamental fact, in favour instead of all this forum fu**wittery.
  • Options
    MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Trying to guilt trip people about voting is pretty low.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meepers wrote: »

Why is it?
    If the acts of others affected you or your loved ones in such a way, would you not think it important that they were aware of the consequences of their actions??? If that makes them/you feel guilty, GOOD.

A friend of mine voted Tory because she was sick of "dole wallers getting everything"... I mentioned that now, as a "middle earner" she'll almost definitely have her child benefit and family tax credits cut or stopped altogether. That hadn't even occurred to her. :o

I honestly think that the majority of people who voted Tory did so because they're ill informed and too lazy to inform themselves and I don't care if that's patronising. Going by the Tory voters I've spoken to it's definitely true.
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You lost.
  • Options
    crystalladcrystallad Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PeggysDad wrote: »
    Disability groups have tonight posted the number for the Samaritans on their websites due to the concern as to how the disabled will react to the election result.

As Tory supporters, how does that make you feel?

Alot of disabled people think they are special and deserve everything. I feel nothing but thanks for asking.
    And what about the able bodied, is it only them who should suffer austerity. We are all in this together!
  • Options
    B-29B-29 Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disability groups have tonight posted the number for the Samaritans on their websites due to the concern as to how the disabled will react to the election result.

Just shows how unfit the people who run these groups are, using genuinely disabled for political gain as lefties seem to find acceptable is appalling , cuts will affect the those found out to be able to work , something all should aspire to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Why is it?
    If the acts of others affected you or your loved ones in such a way, would you not think it important that they were aware of the consequences of their actions??? If that makes them/you feel guilty, GOOD.

A friend of mine voted Tory because she was sick of "dole wallers getting everything"... I mentioned that now, as a "middle earner" she'll almost definitely have her child benefit and family tax credits cut or stopped altogether. That hadn't even occurred to her. :o

I honestly think that the majority of people who voted Tory did so because they're ill informed and too lazy to inform themselves and I don't care if that's patronising. Going by the Tory voters I've spoken to it's definitely true.

Rubbish, ask why they deserted labour or don't you want to hear that answer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    You lost.

Yes, but there'll be no blood on my hands. ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B-29 wrote: »
    Rubbish, ask why they deserted labour or don't you want to hear that answer!

Like I already said, the answers I've had have been along the lines of "I'm sick of dole wallers getting everything". It's embarrassing how ill informed seemingly intelligent people can be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    Alot of disabled people think they are special and deserve everything. I feel nothing but thanks for asking.
    And what about the able bodied, is it only them who should suffer austerity. We are all in this together!

Ok they're not all ill informed, some are just down right nasty. ^
  • Options
    AristaeusAristaeus Posts: 9,974
    Forum Member
    Scuderia92 wrote: »
    The previous 5 years was with one hand behind there back as they had to babysit the Lib Dems.

The rich have to get richer for the economy to work! It generates wealth which trickles down!

No it doesn't trickle down. The poorer have got poorer.
    Even Trickle Down's biggest supporter, David Stockman, who was Reagan's budget director, later denounced it.

Studies have shown that it doesn't work.
  • Options
    Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Some links would be useful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TomWhitton wrote: »
    It's lost on them, sadly.

If the cuts are going to be as harsh as the Tories promise I suspect a lot are going to regret the way they voted, though.

I don't think so.

If the last 5 years have shown us anything, it's that as long as the Tories keep their core voters away from the effects of austerity, then you can do whatever you want to everyone else and they will vote you back in.
    We can already see evidence of this: £12bn of welfare cuts to come, but pensioners, core Tory voters, will get a rise in state pensions.
  • Options
    davisadavisa Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    You lost.

Quite.

Why are the left always such bad losers? Scaremongering within 24 hours.

If you don't agree with how the country has voted, do something about it. Stand as a local councillor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davisa wrote: »
    Quite.

If you don't agree with how the country has voted, do something about it. Stand as a local councillor.

Or move to the lefty paradise north of Hadrian's wall .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    davisa wrote: »
    Quite.

They were scaremongering before the election. In fact Labour's whole campaign was built around it. Fortunately, the country is more positive than they are given credit for and saw through the party BS and naysaying from their supporters.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I hope they feel guilty when these cuts come in, though I doubt it as they dint have feelings

I'm angry with my sister, I get that people have the right to vote for who they want to but I wouldn't dream of voting for a party who could ruin one of my family members, she doesn't even know who her MP is or what her area is called ffs!!

All she's doing is spouting the generic "I'm sick of paying tax for "feckless scrounger" bull shit of a typical tory but its "ok" though as genuine people like me and my OH will be "fine" but we all know the genuine ones are the actual ones to suffer, she doesn't give a shit about us
  • Options
    DJGAVTDJGAVT Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but I really am fed up with this everyone deserves everything attitude many people on here have.

No one has the right to get unlimited money from the government what ever your condition or situation. If the country can't afford it then you can't have it.

More families need to take responsibility for their own. If I had a disabled daughter or son I would work every hour possible to pay for them and not expect the government to do it for me.

If anything I would say care homes need to be looked into more and the money spent to introduce quality homes that can look after the disabled and in need. Purpose built buildings that can help those that can't help themselves.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    DJGAVT wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I really am fed up with this everyone deserves everything attitude many people on here have.

No one has the right to get unlimited money from the government what ever your condition or situation. If the country can't afford it then you can't have it.

More families need to take responsibility for their own. If I had a disabled daughter or son I would work every hour possible to pay for them and not expect the government to do it for me.

If anything I would say care homes need to be looked into more and the money spent to introduce quality homes that can look after the disabled and in need. Purpose built buildings that can help those that can't help themselves.

Not everyone has family or a family that would do that

Mine sure as hell wouldn't
  • Options
    LkjhLkjh Posts: 333
    Forum Member

How does it make me feel?

We have to cut welfare spending to help reduce the deficit and national debt.

I'd hope is cut in a way so it doesn't impact on those who genuinely need it.

The problem is the people are benefits who don't need it or shouldn't get it. Let's hope we cut it from them.
  • Options
    LkjhLkjh Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Not everyone has family or a family that would do that

Mine sure as hell wouldn't

True but too many abdicate the responsibility to look after themselves and their families and hence the state - and the taxpayer - have to pay.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crystallad wrote: »
    I don't think that's the case. However, disabled people are facing cuts which do affect their every day life. You aren't disabled, so you know nothing as to how hard it is. I would suggest you try to be a bit more compassionate, as no one knows what could happen to them in their life.
  • Options
    Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meepers wrote: »
    I believe the ex Labour leader Miliband referred to this as "weaponizing".

Nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yet pensioners are going to get an increase in their state pension. Oh wait, they tend to be core Tory voters.

Sigh. What if you couldn't work because your child needed 24/7 care?
    The sign of a civilised society is how it treats it's weakest members. And by the way, the country can somehow afford £20bn+ to build nuclear submarines, but can't afford to give disabled people a decent standard of living.