Options

Leeds United Supporters Thread

Comments

• Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    C5sucks wrote: »
    Hate Cellino with a passion. He's destroying lufc bit by bit. The sooner he sells up the better. Next season has all the hallmarks of Blackpools fiasco this season. Be worried if that clown sticks around.
    Really hope they 6 that is get a mark azielwood type reception atvthe last game of season know leeds sites,ate,urging fans,to give em.hot. Reception that's assuming they are picked which for their sakes I hope they aren't, but love to.see them given serious abuse for it
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was also the fiasco at the home game against Cardiff.

Leeds preventing any Cardiff fans getting tickets to see the game without exchanging vouchers at a service station before the game.

Despite Cardiff placing no restrictions on Leeds fans earlier in the season.

Leeds are an atrociously run club.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    mattlamb wrote: »
    There was also the fiasco at the home game against Cardiff.

Leeds preventing any Cardiff fans getting tickets to see the game without exchanging vouchers at a service station before the game.

Despite Cardiff placing no restrictions on Leeds fans earlier in the season.

Leeds are an atrociously run club.

That was more of a decision made by the West Yorkshire Police I'm afraid. Agree it was the wrong decision though.
  • Options
    CITIZENFOURCITIZENFOUR Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full list of players offered new contracts:
    Lewie Coyle
    Tyler Denton
    Eric Grimes
    Luke Parkin
    Kalvin Phillips
    Alex Purver
    Jake Skelton
    Lewis Walters

Scholars offered professional deals:
    Tom Lyman
    Frank Mulhern

Full list of players released:
    Daniel Atkinson
    Rodolph Austin
    Luke Booker
    Alex Cairns
    Afolabi Coker
    Stuart Taylor
    Zac Thompson
    Michael Tonge
    Aidan White

Scholars released:
    Isaac Assenso
    Liam Bennett
    Adam Berry
    Piteu Crouz
    Munya Mbanje
    Ian Molloy
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Rodolph Austin quite a big loss?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think he is. I'm disappointed more haven't been gotten rid of but I guess it wouldn't be realistic. Unless there is some proper quality, and lots of it, brought in this summer then it'll be another mid-table finish next season at best
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cellino/Pearson conference underway. All but said Redfearn won't be coach next season.

Probably best place for summary of what was said here: https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP

Has also said he will sell up if we aren't promoted by 2017.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cellino/Pearson conference underway. All but said Redfearn won't be coach next season.

Probably best place for summary of what was said here: https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP

Has also said he will sell up if we aren't promoted by 2017.

We spent 9.5 million (McCormack money) on.utter garbage, about only.thing he got right
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uwe Rosler confirmed as new head coach

Neil Redfearn has been offered his old job at the academy back but no news yet as to whether he'll accept.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32810443
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Edited
  • Options
    Mister_AnonMister_Anon Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Cellino is a pillock. Perfect fit really, hope they implode.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Wood signed for £3 million. Largest amount of money spent by the club in a decade.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Wood signed for £3 million. Largest amount of money spent by the club in a decade.

3 mill? that's insane considering leicester paid just over a mill for him 3 years ago. hardly been that great for them to make him worth 3 mill
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hunter23 wrote: »
    3 mill? that's insane considering leicester paid just over a mill for him 3 years ago. hardly been that great for them to make him worth 3 mill

The actual price was undisclosed I very much doubt we paid 3 million I imgine it would be performance related anyway and the l some of our fans need reality check too
    We signed a premier league squad played not messi /ronaldo and all this excellent prospect at this league is ott Too did ok for millwall and was good for Leicester two years ago but didn't score for Ipswich in two months last season at all and besides we need wingers to supply the crossrs for big target man which we don't currenly have
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    The actual price was undisclosed I very much doubt we paid 3 million I imgine it would be performance related anyway and the l some of our fans need reality check too

The figure was reported by the Yorkshire Evening Post. Apparently Leeds were willing to stump up the money while Wolves weren't willing to do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The figure was reported by the Yorkshire Evening Post. Apparently Leeds were willing to stump up the money while Wolves weren't willing to do that.
    Simon.our.rourke said it wasn't anything likethat tho.he declined to.say what it actually was
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First two games of the season televised and we haven't won either of them Leeds often have a problem in televised games and as our game a week Saturday lunch time against Sheffield Wednesday is also on TV as is the one against Derby the following weekend it's not looking good. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were in control up until the sending off. No idea why Wotton gets picked.

The two penalties :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We should expect to be in control in a game like that though. Rosler got it wrong last night, very wrong, he should admit that. Those 2 penalties were absolutely pathetic, how a professional footballer can't hit a huge target a few feet away is amazing. Rosler will be gone in a month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three wins in a row :) . First time we've done that since early last year.

We really could do with the young players signing new contracts in the Summer.
  • Options
    exstoker84exstoker84 Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three wins in a row :) . First time we've done that since early last year.

We really could do with the young players signing new contracts in the Summer.

That would be great but it won't happen. Cellino will sell and pocket the money then give Antenucci another contract.
  • Options
    exstoker84exstoker84 Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »

I admire your optimism but it'll just be another season of Cellino ****ing things up. If he really wanted to make a go of things he's stop selling the youth and pocketing all the money.

Monk will be on borrowed time and wether he does a good job or not I guarantee he won't be in charge of us by the end of the season.

Taylor will be gone by Xmas and most of the signings will turn out to be shit as per and we'll scrape a lower mid table position again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    exstoker84 wrote: »
    I admire your optimism but it'll just be another season of Cellino ****ing things up. If he really wanted to make a go of things he's stop selling the youth and pocketing all the money.

Monk will be on borrowed time and wether he does a good job or not I guarantee he won't be in charge of us by the end of the season.

Taylor will be gone by Xmas and most of the signings will turn out to be shit as per and we'll scrape a lower mid table position again.
    My feelings on cellino are well known but we (finally ( dumped the serie B shite or scum 6 as I like to call them
    In Silvestri Bellusci Antuncci canI doukara won't start or play much and will be gone soon along with Silvestri who isn't in monks plans Roofe looks good green better than silvesri
    Bartley better than Bellusci and Ronaldo Vieira Has looked good pre-season ad if or when we get Bridcutt then we look in better shape than last season But most importantly we have a proven premier league manager rather than.league one/lower champuonship one in Evans
    We Won't be challenging 6 yet but it's Looking better than last season IMHO thst is
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really do hope you get a top 6 finish this season. I'm a man u fab who has lived in or around leeds for the last 22 years or so.

Cellino needs to sell and needs to sell now. No more selling to consortium and millionaire's, the club needs to be with the fans.