Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    It annoys me intensely when people on crowded trains put bags on seats while others are standing. >:(

I don't like it when young people stay in their seats when there is someone elderly or carrying a baby standing. And children who could sit on their parent's lap taking up a seat.

I had a horrible journey on Thursday where all this was taking place. I ended up standing for all but an hour of a three and a half hour journey because I gave up my seat to someone who looked like they needed it more, and I had a reservation and am not young :D:(
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iceland delivery drivers.
    Why do they put all your shopping on the floor outside your front door and THEN knock on your door ??
    If there's no-one in, they have to put all your shopping back into the van and call back later !
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »
    No idea now, but in the 70's it used to have one of the best pub crawls in London. Start from Young's Brewery and then try and visit the 28 Young's pubs within a couple of miles radius and have a half of Special in each one - this was before all day opening so you had four hours to do it.. I have no idea if the trail still exists.

I managed it once, but had to be poured into the tube and the train home at Charing X.

I don't think the brewery exists any longer :( I loved a Youngs pub, in the early 80s their imported lager was Stella. You could only get it in a Youngs pub. I drank it back then
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    I don't think the brewery exists any longer :( I loved a Youngs pub, in the early 80s their imported lager was Stella. You could only get it in a Youngs pub. I drank it back then

i just had a google and apparently it closed in 2006 :(
    i have a horse shoe from one of their shire horses!
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    It annoys me intensely when people on crowded trains put bags on seats while others are standing. >:(

I've got a similiar one - people who take the aisle seat on a train/bus (and then get grumpy if you ask if the window seat is taken).
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Waiting in all day for a 3 piece suite to come ....its 2 weeks late already...husband went to the shop to tell them to stick it !
    Then they say well we deliver up to 6.30 pm.

35 mins to go >:(
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    I've got a similiar one - people who take the aisle seat on a train/bus (and then get grumpy if you ask if the window seat is taken).

Ooh yes, especially if they put their bag on the window seat. Weirdos.
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    ratty0 wrote: »
    When you are stood at a bus stop and some idiot comes and stands either right in front of you (so you are stood there looking at someone's back - I'm only short) or right in front of the whole right hand (glass) side of the bus shelter so no-one can see what is coming down the road.

Yesterday I was in an empty bus shelter. A family of three appeared. The Dad stood slap bang in front of me, the adult daughter right next to me and the son kept hovering around behind me. My bus was due imminently and I couldn't see a thing, plus it was a very weird to surround me like that. In the end I walked out of the bus shelter and stood behind it. Good job I did because I would never have seen my bus otherwise.

That sounds very suspicious to me - as though they were trying to see if they could pick your pockets or handbag. Why else would they surround you like that. Glad you moved!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do they put all your shopping on the floor outside your front door and THEN knock on your door ??
    If there's no-one in, they have to put all your shopping back into the van and call back later !

Nobody said they had to have common sense to do that job :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When me and the wife go shopping, I buy enough cans of Pepsi (the only drink I like) to last me quite a while, and the wife gets other soft drinks and cordial. "I don't like Pepsi" she says,
    She drink all of hers in about two days flat and then starts drinking my Pepsi's !!
    >:(

Simple, just buy 2 cans then when she goes to buy herself more drinks ask her to get you another 2. I know it's usually cheaper to buy say a 6 pack but not when you're wife's drinking them ;-)
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ordered something from b and q ages ago and was asked to write a review, wrote the review and included a picture, gave 5 stars and a detailed review and then I got another email telling me sorry we have reviewed your comment and we aren't publishing it but thanks for the effort. Eh what now? You write an honest review and even though it's positive they decide its against the review guidelines, how stupid.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just bought something on Amazon and am now when I visit certain sites I'm getting Amazon ads for that thing, Huh?! Surely it is a simple deduction to make that since I bought the darn thing I don't need another one, so these ads are useless to me. Sheesh.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    The problem I have is I know one or two men who (apparently) fancy me and they are really good personality wise but I feel absolutely no attraction to them.
    I end up liking handsome men who really are a bit douchebaggy. Wish I could get out of this funk.

:(
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you take a wizz and it comes out in 2 directions. Usually resulting in a wet foot or a wet floor.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,975
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »

The grumpiness is maddening, and astounding. Do these people really think it's OK to prevent another passenger sitting down because it slightly inconveniences them :o:confused:
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    5hane wrote: »
    When you take a wizz and it comes out in 2 directions. Usually resulting in a wet foot or a wet floor.

.....have you considered seeking medical advice? :o:D
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely if you've gone to the trouble of ordering your shopping to be delivered, one would at least have the decency to be in at the arranged time .....
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    The problem I have is I know one or two men who (apparently) fancy me and they are really good personality wise but I feel absolutely no attraction to them.
    I end up liking handsome men who really are a bit douchebaggy. Wish I could get out of this funk.

:(
    Like most women then. Go for the bad boy, then moan about it after.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely if you've gone to the trouble of ordering your shopping to be delivered, one would at least have the decency to be in at the arranged time .....

Usually, we have more shopping to do after going to Iceland, and they could deliver the stuff while we are still out.
  • Options
    5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »
    .....have you considered seeking medical advice? :o:D

Not really no. I just put it down to..... well let's not go there :p
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayfever :(
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »

..or when it seems to come out sideways
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When the sky box has been off at the plug and you switch it back on and it takes about twenty minutes to get started.
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually, we have more shopping to do after going to Iceland, and they could deliver the stuff while we are still out.

Ah ok. Never used Iceland so not sure how they work with their deliveries. It's not like booking slots in advance then like with Tesco, Asda et al.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My ego a.k.a. the competitive monster in me.

I couldn't help competing against my cousin (South Chelsea) earlier today when we talked about our lives. Within just five minutes, this casual chat evolved to a pee contest with us trying to bigging up ourselves to each other.

We've been doing that since we were kids. I try my best not to compete against her, but I always end up doing it before I realise what I'm doing. I'm fairly sure she tries her best not to compete against me, but like me, she couldn't help it.

She's the only person who can bring out the competitive monster in me. Argh.
This discussion has been closed.