Panasonic TV Freeview Failure!

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    All updated here too. Update accessed from Freesat tuner.
    software version is now 1.623

jon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose there'll be repeat of the OAD for those who missed it.
  • Dan's DadDan's Dad Posts: 9,880
    Forum Member
    I was away over the weekend, so forced an update on Monday evening, everything fine since then;
    but have't yet tried restoring Viera Link which also was causing problems from June 8th.

Has anyone noticed anything different to the version prior to June 8th?
  • MikembeMikembe Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Dan's Dad wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed anything different to the version prior to June 8th?

Mine seems to be back to how it was, all OK again. Can't see any changes. :)

Spoke to Panasonic "Customer Service" :confused: and all they could say was

"We can only apologise for the problem....it's sorted now!"

Told them what I thought of them, having "Switched Off" my TV for 7 weeks and again the silly cow said "We can only apologise for the problem"

So much for PANASONIC!!! >:(

Mikembe
  • misarmisar Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikembe wrote: »
    Mine seems to be back to how it was, all OK again. Can't see any changes. :)Told them what I thought of them, having "Switched Off" my TV for 7 weeks and again the silly cow said "We can only apologise for the problem"
    Mikembe

So what would you have said to an irate customer spoiling for a fight? :D
    Forum Member
    misar wrote: »
    So what would you have said to an irate customer spoiling for a fight? :D

I think a company like Panasonic would show a little more concern and at least make some amends. After all they screwed up and the formerly loyal customers have to put up with it.

A demonstration of Corporate Customer Service!!! I don't think!!!!!!! >:(

Mikembe
    Forum Member
    I see Panasonic are still putting out OTA downloads for various old sets. :confused:

Obviously they must have screwed up a lot of peoples' TV's in June. :)

Muppets!! >:(

Mikembe
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    I see Panasonic are still putting out OTA downloads for various old sets. :confused:

Obviously they must have screwed up a lot of peoples' TV's in June. :)

Muppets!! >:(

Quite the opposite. As I said earlier, they've fixed a long-standing EPG problem. It looks like they are churning through the different models affected to try to capture as many as possible. Given that some of these are more than five years old, you should be grateful they are bothering to update them - it was just unfortunate that an update went out for your particular model which hadn't been properly tested.
    Forum Member
    chrisy wrote: »
    it was just unfortunate that an update went out for your particular model which hadn't been properly tested.

I don't think it was "unfortunate". It was "incompetent", and so was the way they dealt with the people they messed up!

Mikembe
  • anthony davidanthony david Posts: 14,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it was "unfortunate". It was "incompetent", and so was the way they dealt with the people they messed up!

Mikembe

If you have never made an incompetent decision in your life you can't have made many decisions. The rest of us make such mistakes and have to live with the consequences. Remember no one died as a result of this update.