Home & Away lesbian kiss censored!!!

Simon-SmithSimon-Smith Posts: 2,286
Forum Member
✭✭✭
the story here:
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,25252475-10229,00.html
Since the lesbian story line began two weeks ago, 100,000 viewers have turned off and complaints have been flooding in. The now-muted kiss will air on Tuesday night.
:eek:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    they showed nicole and freya tho! its not quite the same but still.

ah bless em down in oz.
  • EdwardPEdwardP Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For god sake. Homosexuality is part of life. What's the difference between a woman kissing a man and a woman kissing a woman? People are aware about being gay. It really shouldn't be such a big deal these days.
  • HellinglyHellingly Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    ah bless em down in oz.

They really are about 50 years behind us, aren't they? :D
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Don't watch it myself, but I assume none of the detractors and moaners were men :D.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,866
    Forum Member
    This doesn't surprise me.... I remember always being highly amused that in Australian soaps people never "fancied" anyone else it was always "liked" lol.... then they moved onto "got the hots for" :D:D:D... you only "loved" anyone when you got married to them. :D. I was shocked the other day in Home and Away when Aden said that other guy had 'raped' Joey because I remember during the Kane/Dani storyline it was always "what he did" with the implication being that Kane had raped Dani although they never actually dared to say it outright.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't watch it myself, but I assume none of the detractors and moaners were men :D.

Don't you know it :D

More like middle aged women complaining that their daughters may go out one evening in Sydney and return home with a girlfriend after watching Home & Away:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't surprise me.... I remember always being highly amused that in Australian soaps people never "fancied" anyone else it was always "liked" lol.... then they moved onto "got the hots for" :D:D:D... you only "loved" anyone when you got married to them. :D. I was shocked the other day in Home and Away when Aden said that other guy had 'raped' Joey because I remember during the Kane/Dani storyline it was always "what he did" with the implication being that Kane had raped Dani although they never actually dared to say it outright.

In today's episode the word "Gay" was mentioned nearly 10 times.

"She's gay"
    "So you're gay"
    "She couldn't have consented, she's gay"
    "Does your brother know your gay?
    "Who else knows I'm gay?
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,866
    Forum Member
    EdwardP wrote: »
    In today's episode the word "Gay" was mentioned nearly 10 times.

"She's gay"
    "So you're gay"
    "She couldn't have consented, she's gay"
    "Does your brother know your gay?
    "Who else knows I'm gay?

Lol I haven't seen todays episode yet..... Celia Stewart would have a duckfit if she still lived in the bay :D
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Why are some people such morons? so two women kiss, so what? what narrow-minded morons. grrr, I was hoping to se Charlie and Joey get it on, they it sounds liek they are not even going to show us them kissing! and I thought the compliants over here that complian about EE, Corrie were bad, but this is even worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention Coleen Smart!
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh for f....
    Homosexuality is a part of life. You have lesbians, gay men and bisexuals, oh and wait for it transexuals too. Shocking!
    This isn't the 1900's or even older. It isn't man and woman relationship anymore.
    These 100,000 people should realise that not all women/men like the opposite sex. Quit the whinging and let the writers and actresses involved do their work.
    There's more important things to worry about than two women/men kissing.
    Love is love and the sooner these people realise that the better.
    Wonder if here will follow and blank it. Piece of crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose Australia went into shock years ago when Julian Cleary visited the set!
  • jonty9jonty9 Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    thats why its called the outback theyre still in the stone age
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair the uk is no better. Eastenders got complaints last year when Christian kissed a man. and i remember corrie got complaints when you just about saw the guys lips touch before the camera panned away!

i do think it is ridiculous in this day and age. gay relationships exist, soaps reflect real life so why shouldn't they show that?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think they minded that sort of thing in Australia.

I've seen loads of Oz shows and they are always talking about going into 'the bush'.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,738
    Forum Member
    Hellingly wrote: »
    They really are about 50 years behind us, aren't they? :D
    It never used to be as bad as this. It's just something that happened at the turn of the Millennium; suddenly the industry started channelling the 1950s, which fed into those conservative minds.

Anyone who remembers Chances and Number 96, will know that they used to tell any old stories. Even 90s Neighbours got away with more then, than it does now. :rolleyes:
    I was shocked the other day in Home and Away when Aden said that other guy had 'raped' Joey because I remember during the Kane/Dani storyline it was always "what he did" with the implication being that Kane had raped Dani although they never actually dared to say it outright.
    It's because the censors have eased up ever so slightly. So now, H&A can use the word 'rape,' like, once a week. It *is* a step forward...

ETA: I assume the kiss won't be edited on Five...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I can say for auzzie mentality is :rolleyes:
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »

I've seen loads of Oz shows and they are always talking about going into 'the bush'.

Lmao :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

LMAO :D:D:D:D:D:D

I entered Australia once. They were furious ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    EdwardP wrote: »
    Not to mention Coleen Smart!

I don't know if it's what you're referring to, but there is a scene with Joey and Coleen that made me chuckle
    Colleen (giving picnic basket to Joey):[something along the lines of] So do tell me who the gentleman you're giving this romantic picnic to is!
    Joey: Actually it's Charlie, but it's not romantic
    Coleen: Well of course it isn't, you're both girls :confused:

:D
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Is 100,000 really that many people? Just a small minority I would think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's what you're referring to, but there is a scene with Joey and Coleen that made me chuckle
    Colleen (giving picnic basket to Joey):[something along the lines of] So do tell me who the gentleman you're giving this romantic picnic to is!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Very funny. Good ole Coleen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    The only thing I can say for auzzie mentality is :rolleyes:

i suppose it can be annoying, but only because we are used to seeing everything.
    neighbours/h&a are early soaps and to me have always been this way so it doesnt bother me, it only bothers me when situations get ambigious.
    i'll bet my house in oz they dont have anywhere near as high a teen pregnancy rate as us for example. good on the aussies i say, although this fuss over a kiss is maybe taking it too far. (hmm and charlie is sooo sexy! lol)
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha! Trust Auntie Colleen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can just imagine Coleen's reaction now:

"I've never heard the likes of it. If Madge Wilkenson found out about two women together in Summer Bay I'd never be able to show myself down the bowling club again"